View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 02:08 PM   #202
ylopony

Re: NFL Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrISM View Post
That list means nothing. Hell, out of the top five on that list, Arizona is the only team on top of their division. Whether or not people want to admit it, the fact is the Giants are the top team in the NFC and Eli Manning is the leader.

I'm not going to say that Eli is not a good qb or the leader to this Giants team. He is both. However, Eli is not a great qb. He is very solid but far from great. He is part of the puzzle of a VERY GOOD team. I don't think he makes those around him greater. Another qb like him would be Roethlessburger(hate him) in Pittsburgh(hate the team as well). He's far from great, but solid and a part of the puzzle. However, like Roetlessburger he is showing an ability to not get rattled and do something good in a key moment of the game.

A qb that I would say is having a great year and is the best in the NFL right now is Drew Brees. This guy looses his running game, his top receiver, then his tight end, then another receiver, then another running back and he still puts up great numbers. He is making those around him better. He may not be winning like Eli, but then Eli don't have the defense that Bree's does.
ylopony is offline   Reply With Quote