Thread: NASCAR thread
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 08:58 PM   #2295
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

Re: NASCAR thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylopony View Post
I understand your dislike for Hendricks and anything that is not Ford. What I said is if Edwards were not in Roush you and many others probable would not like him. To me, Biffle is the class of Roush and understands teamwork. Edwards to me is becoming more and more Stewart and Busch.

As for my dislikes. I cheer the driver and not the car or team. That is unless like Jarrett they cross over and drive a Toyota. That will end it for me.
Like some other drivers, i.e.Casey Kahne, and Mark Martin, I think that Greg is a class guy. I've been to en event where he spoke and came off as a very decent and intelligent individual.I'm not a big pet person, but he is very involved in animal rights and fund rasing, as are a number of drivers. He's a hard person not to like, especially when you get to meet him.
I think i'd also like Carl, whether he drove for Ford or not, but he does and that's how he came to my attention, especially as a follow up to Mark in the
Roush camp.
My like of Jarrett came to a halt when Dale went to Toyota. I'd probably have a hard time rooting for any of them if they jumped to 'Yota, much less Honda.
I wonder how much NASCAR actually pays attention to such discussions among its fan base? Not much it seems. I think there was mroe buzz in the
last few months about the chance that the Challenger and Mustang and Camaro would be in the Nationwide series, although it seem that Ford is not going with the pony car, sadly, as its next racer in that series. That buzz isn't a high priority in NASCAR. Too bad, it could have actually brought in more new fans.That's something has failed to do of late,while simultainiously running off its fan base.
My 'hatred' for Hendricks is mostly tongue in cheek, so dont' take it heart. I have a die-hard Hendricks fan at work who is one person who I like to needle whenever JJ orJG takes a dive, knowing full well how much crap I'll have to endure when the same happens to my guys.

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote