Thread: NASCAR thread
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 10:52 AM   #2294
03mach69mach
Ford Guy

Re: NASCAR thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylopony View Post
I understand your dislike for Hendricks and anything that is not Ford. What I said is if Edwards were not in Roush you and many others probable would not like him. To me, Biffle is the class of Roush and understands teamwork. Edwards to me is becoming more and more Stewart and Busch.

As for my dislikes. I cheer the driver and not the car or team. That is unless like Jarrett they cross over and drive a Toyota. That will end it for me.
So if Jeff Gordon and the entire Hendricks team decided to take the big $$ and go with Honda next year, you would still like that and root for him. Don't think that is too far from reality to think of. Look at Rick Hendrick, Big Honda dealer (12 Acura/Honda dealerships) and it was that relationship back in the 90's that made him a convicted (albeat pardoned by Clinton) felon. With economy tighting and US car manufacturers hurting, don't be surprised if GM, Ford & Chrysler won't cut back on support to Nascar teams. Needing big cash, Hendrick jumps on the Honda money so fast it blaze past you like an Accord with a Fart Pipe.
1988 White LX 5.0 Convertible SOLD
2000 White Taurus SE 3.0 SOLD
2001 BMW 330i SOLD
2002 Harley F150 5.4 Supercharged
2003 Azure Blue Mach 1 4.6 DOHC
2003 Lincoln Town Car 4.6 SOHC
2011 Infiniti G37xS 3.7 DOHC
03mach69mach is offline   Reply With Quote