2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Power Adders (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Eaton Swap..... (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=71833)

nickster 03-31-2009 08:51 PM

Re: Eaton Swap.....

the cover is a 3 bolt or bouth cover and bridge

xXAzureMach1Xx 04-01-2009 11:20 PM

Can some one tell me what three radiator hose is need for the swap? i know the part numbers but i need to know where they go to. One is the upper radaitor to cross over tube but dont know the other two

eatonmach1 04-01-2009 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXAzureMach1Xx (Post 1133292)
Can some one tell me what three radiator hose is need for the swap? i know the part numbers but i need to know where they go to. One is the upper radaitor to cross over tube but dont know the other two

I know one of the others hooks to the middle of the crossover tube then goes down to the thermostat housing. It is a longer hose. I would guess the thrid one goes from the thermostat housing to the oil cooler on the side of the engine. Thats what I just hooked up on my eaton swap.

xXAzureMach1Xx 04-02-2009 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eatonmach1 (Post 1133300)
I know one of the others hooks to the middle of the crossover tube then goes down to the thermostat housing. It is a longer hose. I would guess the thrid one goes from the thermostat housing to the oil cooler on the side of the engine. Thats what I just hooked up on my eaton swap.

After reading your post it hit me about the oil cooler one :smack:

eatonmach1 04-02-2009 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXAzureMach1Xx (Post 1133415)
After reading your post it hit me about the oil cooler one :smack:

Their are a lota thing going on with the eaton swap it can get confusing fast! I have just been dividing the system up and working on one part at a time. I almost have mine done except a few cooling tubes. I got those ordered yesterday so I should get them today. Next is the wiring stuff :eyes: :23:

Mustang92 04-05-2009 12:51 AM

Making pretty good progress on mine. Started last Monday and been working on it an hour or two a night. Other than a few unexpected things it's been going pretty smoothly. I need to pick up new belts tomorrow and Monday I need to order a new o-ring for the oil pump cooler shaft, mine was pretty beat up and I need to find injector adapters for my 60s.

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/3981/040409b.jpg

I'm in no rush though, I'm aiming to get it to the dyno a week from Monday.

Bill

xXAzureMach1Xx 04-05-2009 05:06 PM

on the list i have it say i need the sensor on the back of the S/C. can someone tell me what it is or have a pic? Is the IAC Valve the same from the mach 1 to the cobra?

Mustang92 04-05-2009 05:59 PM

IAC is on top of the plenum, the sensor on the back of the Eaton is the IAT2 sensor.

xXAzureMach1Xx 04-05-2009 06:07 PM

Is the IAC Valve the same from a mach to a cobra

Mustang92 04-05-2009 07:11 PM

It should be the same. I'm reusing mine.

nickster 04-05-2009 07:17 PM

plugin is at a different angle only dif.

eatonmach1 04-05-2009 08:31 PM

Just got mine done and it runs great! Like stock drivability!:claus: I will post some pics tomorrow. If you guys need any help if connections ect let me know I will get pics.

eatonmach1 04-05-2009 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang92 (Post 1134381)
Making pretty good progress on mine. Started last Monday and been working on it an hour or two a night. Other than a few unexpected things it's been going pretty smoothly. I need to pick up new belts tomorrow and Monday I need to order a new o-ring for the oil pump cooler shaft, mine was pretty beat up and I need to find injector adapters for my 60s.

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/3981/040409b.jpg

I'm in no rush though, I'm aiming to get it to the dyno a week from Monday.

Bill

Should have got ya some EV6 ones :3amin: Looks good! Gota luv the clean look of the eaton. Almost forgot to tell ya don't forget the coolant tube bolts before you put the eaton on its a PITA to get them on if you do.

eatonmach1 04-06-2009 12:13 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Here are a couple of pics of mine. I have to clean my engine compartment up again but besides that I am almost done.

eatonmach1 04-06-2009 12:15 AM

3 Attachment(s)
A few more.

Mustang92 04-06-2009 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eatonmach1 (Post 1134734)
Should have got ya some EV6 ones :3amin: Looks good! Gota luv the clean look of the eaton. Almost forgot to tell ya don't forget the coolant tube bolts before you put the eaton on its a PITA to get them on if you do.

I can't complain the 60's I got were free. The top coolant crossover tube bolts are in just not the front ones in that picture. I got a little further on mine but ran into a few other issues. I'm missing the upper alternator bolt and the lower alternator bracket I have was cut so the bottom ear is missing.

eatonmach1 04-06-2009 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang92 (Post 1134789)
I can't complain the 60's I got were free. The top coolant crossover tube bolts are in just not the front ones in that picture. I got a little further on mine but ran into a few other issues. I'm missing the upper alternator bolt and the lower alternator bracket I have was cut so the bottom ear is missing.

Can't Complain about free :23: The upper altenator bolt is in the help parts section at advance auto parts believe it or not. I had to go to a CAT dealer to get longer metric bolts here. Not a lot of places here seem to carry a large stock of metric bolts. That really sucks about the lower alternator bracket. The ear thats missing is it the one that bolts the 8 rib setup to the bracket?

xXAzureMach1Xx 04-06-2009 04:18 PM

i should be able to fit a 1/4 intake spacer right?

nickster 04-06-2009 06:40 PM

still waiting for intercooler pump, so i dropped the tank and modded the fuel hat for twin gt pumps:)

Mustang92 04-06-2009 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eatonmach1 (Post 1134883)
Can't Complain about free :23: The upper altenator bolt is in the help parts section at advance auto parts believe it or not. I had to go to a CAT dealer to get longer metric bolts here. Not a lot of places here seem to carry a large stock of metric bolts. That really sucks about the lower alternator bracket. The ear thats missing is it the one that bolts the 8 rib setup to the bracket?

Yeah the one missing bolts to the pulley cage. Luckily that bracket was only $26 from the dealer and they had the bolt as well. I did strike out on the O-ring for the oil cooler shaft. Mine was messed up and Ford doesn't sell it separate, you have to buy the entire shaft for $50. Normal O-rings are too thick but I found a water faucet valve with a thinner O-ring that worked for much less.

Bill

03Steve 04-06-2009 10:59 PM

Count me in...with a 99 Cobra. Just disassembled everything last week. Engine is out, and all of my 99 Cobra components are for sale.

Doing more of a "race" setup; twin screw, intercooler resevoir in the trunk, aftermarket cooling lines, no EGR or EVAP, etc. I'll post as progress begins.

eatonmach1 04-07-2009 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXAzureMach1Xx (Post 1135038)
i should be able to fit a 1/4 intake spacer right?

I think so I tested my hood have about 2 inches of clearance. May cause problems with the shaker.

nickster 04-07-2009 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03Steve (Post 1135281)
Count me in...with a 99 Cobra. Just disassembled everything last week. Engine is out, and all of my 99 Cobra components are for sale.

Doing more of a "race" setup; twin screw, intercooler resevoir in the trunk, aftermarket cooling lines, no EGR or EVAP, etc. I'll post as progress begins.

nice pic you have there