2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Power Adders (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Eaton Swap..... (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=71833)

Shinigami 01-07-2008 03:44 PM

Re: Eaton Swap.....

If a person put together kits to swap on the easton like, minus the blower and inter cooler, I'd be all over one.

machgsxr 01-07-2008 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinigami (Post 929828)
If a person put together kits to swap on the easton like, minus the blower and inter cooler, I'd be all over one.

Im working on one, but it will be complete minus the timing cover only.

Shinigami 01-07-2008 03:50 PM

why the timing cover? whats your est price?

machgsxr 01-07-2008 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinigami (Post 929833)
why the timing cover? whats your est price?

It's hard as heck to locate one. I can get new one's @ about 380 shipped from Kar kraft, but so can you soooo.... Price will be dependant on what I can get the other parts for. Im hoping to be right at 2.2k. The most would be 3k though.

JMachOne 01-09-2008 08:09 PM

I think I'm going to end up going through the process of doing an eaton swap on the Mach 1 this summer. Long project to gather all parts required, but that will also allow time for the bottom end to get built.

hugovw1976 01-14-2008 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reloaded (Post 886748)
From your other post Archie:
2003-04 Mach-1 Eaton Conversion parts list
(http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/...1&d=1194122681

I work in a project with the whipple supercharger, intercooler, manifold from Cobra 2004 for a Audi V8 engine, and I need some parts like the water manifold.
Somebody know the difference between:
2R3Z 9N494 HA
2R3Z 9N491 DA
Why the diference in prices?
It's only the manifold or have the 2 tubes to fix the intercooler?

wcjr 01-14-2008 10:47 PM

machgsxr, did you say you were going to start selling these kits?

Where have you been finding your parts?

Are you going to continue to keep taking pics and comparing the part # with them?

machgsxr 01-15-2008 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wcjr (Post 934816)

Are you going to continue to keep taking pics and comparing the part # with them?

I will have 1 or 2 for sale shortly. I have to get some money back first or have someone leave a deposit so I can finish building them up.

I have been getting alot of parts new from Ford and from people going to a Turbo setup. You have to be quick and know what to look for. You can find people going turbo not in for sale ad's but in posts where they talk about it.

I have at least 50 pics I need to download to the puter, but I have been either busy working on the car or @ work that I have not been able to post up.

machgsxr 01-15-2008 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wcjr (Post 934816)

P.S. Im sure I can find a third kit now if I wanted to or had the money to. :23:

mastwolf 02-11-2008 11:33 PM

If you had a kit, i'd buy one in a heartbeat comming up soon.

TR04MACH 02-25-2008 06:00 PM

So how is everyone coming on the swap? How's yours coming Wu? Archie hows it running? I need a solid day to finish a few minor things on mine and i'll be getting it tuned on March 12th when i'm back for spring break, can't wait.

machgsxr 02-25-2008 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TR04MACH (Post 956253)
So how is everyone coming on the swap? How's yours coming Wu? Archie hows it running? I need a solid day to finish a few minor things on mine and i'll be getting it tuned on March 12th when i'm back for spring break, can't wait.

I just have a small electrical problem that i really haven't tried too hard to look for. Other than that it run's great. I already want more out of it though, so im going with a built shortblock soon so I can add a some other stuff.

TR04MACH 02-25-2008 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machgsxr (Post 956267)
I just have a small electrical problem that i really haven't tried too hard to look for. Other than that it run's great. I already want more out of it though, so im going with a built shortblock soon so I can add a some other stuff.

Haha, that didn't last long at all. What shortblock are you going to go with? That outta be fun, I know i'll be ready to get that boost cranked up before I know it too, better get saving. Do you have any videos or pics of the finished car?

machgsxr 02-25-2008 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TR04MACH (Post 956279)
Haha, that didn't last long at all. What shortblock are you going to go with? That outta be fun, I know i'll be ready to get that boost cranked up before I know it too, better get saving. Do you have any videos or pics of the finished car?

Not yet. Still messing with a way trying to bolt the shaker up to the motor before I take any pics or vids.

Stock 99 cobra block and crank. From there, im not too sure. I need to start researching the rest of the internals.

TR04MACH 02-25-2008 08:02 PM

Sounds good, if you figure out a good way to mount the shaker up in the next couple weeks let me know. I'll be back in a couple weeks to finish up but I haven't had any time to think about the shaker mounting yet. Hopefully it won't be too bad to rig up.

Ran624 03-31-2008 10:28 PM

Hey there i am doing this to my car and was wondering how you got the I/C pump electrically wired in..

on another note im in the process of making a bracket for the mach ill post picts of the progress later..

Ran624 03-31-2008 10:47 PM

4 Attachment(s)
This is the bracket for the Shaker im still working on the parts to make it bolt to the block but it will be fully adjustable for height and left to right so bear with me..

machgsxr 03-31-2008 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ran624 (Post 974138)
Hey there i am doing this to my car and was wondering how you got the I/C pump electrically wired in..

on another note im in the process of making a bracket for the mach ill post picts of the progress later..

Should be in the first link in this thread.

One wire is a ground and the other is hooked up to the engine harness on the passenger side of the firewall. It's the all red wire on top towards the front of the car in the harness.

Ran624 03-31-2008 11:17 PM

do you by chance have picts so i have an idea there is alot of wires up there.

Lonestar7 04-01-2008 12:58 AM

Need a CNC water jet machine and you could make it really easy.

LS:claus:

cre8787 04-04-2008 02:57 PM

I am in the process of doing this to my car as well. I have all the parts but have a few questions.

1. Where to you put the knock sensors?
2. Does anybody know of a braket for the shack to bolt to the eaton... I saw a couple people do it.

TR04MACH 04-07-2008 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cre8787 (Post 976140)
I am in the process of doing this to my car as well. I have all the parts but have a few questions.

1. Where to you put the knock sensors?
2. Does anybody know of a braket for the shack to bolt to the eaton... I saw a couple people do it.

The knock sensors you can just unplug, you won't need those or have any place to mount them. The brackets so far seem to be all custom, i've almost got mine figured out, not the easiest thing to work out. I know a couple guys were working on making ones they could sell though.

No1Ford 04-07-2008 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ran624 (Post 974138)

Your going to have to wire in a relay for the pump.

No1Ford 04-07-2008 04:40 PM

If you guys need some pic's of the shaker mounted up let me know!

cre8787 04-07-2008 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No1Ford (Post 977589)
If you guys need some pic's of the shaker mounted up let me know!

Please :)