2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Got a deal on a 2016 Prem GT (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=136271)

rich1 12-19-2017 04:26 PM

Got a deal on a 2016 Prem GT

Well.. I decided to get another newer Mustang, I went to the dealer here and looked at a 2018 GT :eek:$$$$$$ no way gold plated under the hood.. I guess .I also know that Ford is having problems with the direct injection on other models and the only fix is to replace the heads (as per Ford).. Kinda like the Mach 1 heads different problem with same solution. I wanted to pay cash for it too but not that much and no discounts . I even found out that some idiots are selling there cars at such a loss they are upside down x2.So turned around to leave but the sales manager stopped me. He said that last year about this time he sold a 2016 GT Prem to a guy . The person came in and traded it in 2 days ago because he having back trouble. Loaded to the max $5200 in options .. Shaker 12 speaker system too. Was being sold as a CPO car too with 2 .5 years left on full warranty ...6,100 miles. Perfect..:orange:Sold

DSG2003Mach1 12-19-2017 09:43 PM

Re: Got a deal on a 2016 Prem GT

Nice score!

The new cars are dual fuel system btw, old injection were used to keep the backs of the valves clean and also direct injected. What I was seeing was $1200 or so to pull the heads, remove the valves to clean and reassemble. Still not good and part of the reason I’m gonna get out of my 12 f150 while the gettins good. I’ll probably buy a new truck with the new ecoboost though

rich1 12-20-2017 05:50 PM

The valve issues are also putting carbon into the valve guides on the intake valves. Ford should have known better than to adopt this system.The Eco Boosts that now have a lot of miles are failing .This problem is well known on any European cars using direct injection. I guess if they wanted a world class market car they will have to deal with it.
As far as the difference in power goes , any power adder installed will handle that and wont cost $ 60,000 for a 2018. :smack:

Cooldbz12 12-20-2017 07:03 PM

So how much did you get it for?

JDraper 12-21-2017 01:10 PM

Be curious to hear your opinion of it compared to the Mach 1. We have a 17 GT/CS vert and would like to see if your opinion matches up with mine.

rich1 12-22-2017 01:42 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cooldbz12 (Post 1629138)
So how much did you get it for?

Less than $30,000 out the door

rich1 12-22-2017 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDraper (Post 1629147)
Be curious to hear your opinion of it compared to the Mach 1. We have a 17 GT/CS vert and would like to see if your opinion matches up with mine.

In my opinion...:rolleyses. The car is heavy at 3,800 lbs . However the motor is strong and it pulls hard with a 318 gear. Since it is an auto.. the trans has select shift and sport mode, it blips the throttle and rev matches on down shift. Brakes are strong being 2 piston Brembos good pedal feel too. The IRS handles very well in the turns, but is hard to launch from a stand still hard without spinning or some wheel hop. This is not a drag car to me because of the IRS, unless a lot of new parts. Stoplight to stoplight does better if you roll on the gas . The auto is faster than the manual ,I drove each with the track app on and both had 6,000 miles. Ford is still having clutch and gearbox problems. The manual auto - rev is useless ,grabby clutch spring pedal and notchy gear box don't help. Come on Ford that is not world class !
.I think the car will be a good mid -to - top end car with a Procharger or Vortech making 500-600 rwhp .The car is very stable at high speed... up to 150 and you can adjust the steering feel too. I would not put an Eaton or 373 /410 gears will just spin its *** off. The manual I drove had 355s.
It was too quiet inside , I put a set of axle back SLP on and got a nice deep sound for $350. The fly by wire has about a one second delay in the throttle . I know a tune can help that but a Roush cold air kit helped for now. Its a good GT.
The Mach is lighter ,louder, gets worse gas mileage .More fun to drive hard and Mach still turns more heads since the are a lot more GT around.Ill keep it ;)!

JDraper 12-22-2017 08:23 AM

We have the 17 vert, so it's even heavier. Ours has the 6 speed manual with 3.55 gears. We have no issues with our clutch or tranny so far. We also found it to be too quiet, so we added a full MRT exhaust system and it now has a wonderful sound.

Performance wise, I find the car to be very smooth with a wide power band. Ours launches nice and straight with no wheel hop and on the factory P-Zero's (which I don't like) I can repeatably click off 5.2 second 0-60 times. Handling wise, I find the car to be too isolated from the road for my liking, no matter what mode the car is in. My Mach feels more connected to the road. I don't like all the nanny controls and have found that you can't completely turn them off. Even with the traction control and stability control off, the car still won't allow a rolling burnout for more than about 2 seconds. It cuts the power to regain traction.

Because it's a convertible, we do have some body shimmy on rough roads. I added a set of jacking rails/subframe connectors which helped stiffen it up some. I'm considering adding a front cradle to stiffen it up even more.

It's a fun, smooth car to drive, but I don't yet trust it at its handling limits like I do the Mach. It seems more apt to suddenly swap ends with no warning.

We're keeping the Mach as well. :)

rich1 12-22-2017 06:15 PM

I agree to agree :3:The Mach is a drivers car ..the GT is ...well... a Great Touring car.:yeh:

rich1 12-22-2017 06:33 PM

BTW .:eyebrows:..you CAN turn off ALL the nannies ! Drag racers trick, unplug connector on the drivers side fender and the dash will light up like Christmas.I think the cold weather is not good for the all -season stock tires ,causes spinning.Going to look for a summer tire set in the spring.

JDraper 12-22-2017 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rich1 (Post 1629162)
BTW .:eyebrows:..you CAN turn off ALL the nannies ! Drag racers trick, unplug connector on the drivers side fender and the dash will light up like Christmas.I think the cold weather is not good for the all -season stock tires ,causes spinning.Going to look for a summer tire set in the spring.

I read where you could turn everything off like that, but was hoping I could do it without going that far.

The all season stock tires aren't that good even in warm weather. I would go for a good summer tire, but we will drive this in colder temps too. Once we kill these tires , it will probably get a set of Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires. It's a partial daily driver. :) I doubt we will take it out in the snow, but it will be driven year round.

311-420 12-23-2017 10:07 AM

I believe you can disable advancetrac by holding the second toggle switch from the left UP for 7 seconds. Congrats btw.

JDraper 12-23-2017 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 311-420 (Post 1629165)
I believe you can disable advancetrac by holding the second toggle switch from the left UP for 7 seconds. Congrats btw.

That doesn't fully disable all the nanny controls. I've done that and have had confirmation on the dash that the advancetrac and the traction control are disabled, but there are still nanny controls that are not selectable running in the background that prevent certain behaviors. :)

Trust me, I've tried...:eyebrows:

rich1 12-23-2017 10:18 PM

Also if you try to do donuts in the car. It will let you do it a short while then it will shut the car off completely. That is part of the accident avoidance system. If you lose complete control of the car and it detects that the car will flash the lights on and off and sound the horn to warn other drivers.

ShakeMe 12-24-2017 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rich1 (Post 1629171)
Also if you try to do donuts in the car. It will let you do it a short while then it will shut the car off completely. That is part of the accident avoidance system. If you lose complete control of the car and it detects that the car will flash the lights on and off and sound the horn to warn other drivers.

That's probably good for the crowds at all the cars and coffee:bigeyes:

TKat13 12-24-2017 05:52 PM

Congrats on the car and glad you are keeping the Mach. We kept ours after getting our '16 CS/GT as well.

As far as the traction control, a good tuner can completely disable all nanny controls, but be careful what you ask for, car breaks loose very quickly when ALL nannys are off. After turning them off, I had them put back on since my wife if the normal driver. But you are correct, the traction 'off' from the driver is not really off.

I know a good friend that can wheel any car, he got used to the traction control being in the normal off position; he figured out how to fully turn it off and lost control of it two weeks later (big wreck), but to be honest, he was making 1000+ rwhp at the time. He told me he had no idea how much the 'off' nanny was really doing keeping it straight. The system is so much better than the Mach's traction control. :)

JDraper 12-24-2017 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TKat13 (Post 1629173)
Congrats on the car and glad you are keeping the Mach. We kept ours after getting our '16 CS/GT as well.

As far as the traction control, a good tuner can completely disable all nanny controls, but be careful what you ask for, car breaks loose very quickly when ALL nannys are off. After turning them off, I had them put back on since my wife if the normal driver. But you are correct, the traction 'off' from the driver is not really off.

I know a good friend that can wheel any car, he got used to the traction control being in the normal off position; he figured out how to fully turn it off and lost control of it two weeks later (big wreck), but to be honest, he was making 1000+ rwhp at the time. He told me he had no idea how much the 'off' nanny was really doing keeping it straight. The system is so much better than the Mach's traction control. :)

That's why I wanted to selectively be able to shut them down. My wife is also the primary driver of the GT/CS, but once in a while, I'd like to be able to have a little fun without nanny holding the reins. :flamedevi

rich1 12-24-2017 11:42 PM

The Dealer also had a 2017 GT/CS fastback crystal white, 6,700miles , manual for $34,000.
I think Im going to add a power adder to my GT and make it a interstate interceptor. :3amin:

TKat13 12-26-2017 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rich1 (Post 1629178)
The Dealer also had a 2017 GT/CS fastback crystal white, 6,700miles , manual for $34,000.
I think Im going to add a power adder to my GT and make it a interstate interceptor. :3amin:

I'd like to have a GT/CS like that one as I prefer the fastback but the vert is the wife's and she always wanted a vert. But, I think I will end up getting an F250 when my time comes, it is more practical for what I need long term.

rich1 12-26-2017 10:42 PM

Dealer dropped price on 2017 GT/CS to $33,700 today

rich1 02-05-2018 11:57 PM

I bought a GT 350 intake kit and going to use the Roush cold air kit with the 105 mm Mass air( Stock is 85mm). The stock 80mm throttle body will be used since the larger 87 mm does not add any hp and surges according to Pro-Dyno. Properly set up this will add 35hp across the board and giving a total peak of 55 hp @7500 rpm ,That's 490hp flywheel with auto trans. ,Long tube headers if installed will bring it up to 500hp +.
I decided not to buy the Ford Racing kit because the tune they provide is too lean(spark knocks) and does not use the knock sensors stated Dan at Pro Dyno .