2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

03mach69mach 10-08-2007 08:21 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02mach1 (Post 871294)
You got that right I'll be at Lowes Speedway this weekend Watching the race with my friends Mark knows who:yeh:

Pictures Please!!

02mach1 10-08-2007 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03mach69mach (Post 871329)
Pictures Please!!

I get free Miler Lite beer out of it:CHEERS: :secret:

ylopony 10-08-2007 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 870841)
So, how you think the inspection is going??????? :eyebrows:

Looks like it went well. Last post car inspection that failed was a Roush car I do believe. :smokin:

3150Mach1 10-08-2007 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02mach1 (Post 871294)
You got that right I'll be at Lowes Speedway this weekend Watching the race with my friends Mark knows who:yeh:

Me to 02. We will be in Turn 4.

02mach1 10-09-2007 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03Mach150BP (Post 871535)
Me to 02. We will be in Turn 4.

I''ll be at Turn 1 a Ford seats.

3150Mach1 10-09-2007 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02mach1 (Post 871849)
I''ll be at Turn 1 a Ford seats.

Cool. Can't wait!!!!!!

24kmach 10-09-2007 07:29 PM

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...ewecome145.jpg

02mach1 10-10-2007 01:37 PM

Noise bleed seats.:santa:

24kmach 10-10-2007 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02mach1 (Post 872392)
Noise bleed seats.:santa:

Next year I will have better seats than looking out the window of this.
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...ewecome143.jpg

gvervoren 10-10-2007 05:25 PM

That's a cool pic from the sky!!!

G 10-12-2007 10:51 PM

Nice win tonight for Jeff Burton. :HOPPY:

Great job by JJ to take out so many cars. :wall:

falcongtho3 10-13-2007 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 873902)
Great job by JJ to take out so many cars. :wall:

Yeah...good job. Whatta dolt! Somebody needs to get him more quarters so he can get more seat time in fron tof the grocery store and actually learn how to drive. It's not like this isn't his home track, he should be able to do better than this. Hopefully he'll drive the same way tonight, just with no one around to get slammed by his mistake...except maybe Stewrat and Gordon to share in his 'good fortune'.
:borg:

G 10-13-2007 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 874013)
Yeah...good job. Whatta dolt! Somebody needs to get him more quarters so he can get more seat time in fron tof the grocery store and actually learn how to drive. It's not like this isn't his home track, he should be able to do better than this. Hopefully he'll drive the same way tonight, just with no one around to get slammed by his mistake...except maybe Stewrat and Gordon to share in his 'good fortune'.

:agree: Sounds like you're as big of a JJ fan as I am. :eyebrows:

falcongtho3 10-13-2007 03:55 PM

Maybe 'bigger'...I let you know after his antics tonight...

G 10-13-2007 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 874149)
Maybe 'bigger'...I let you know after his antics tonight...

So far he's doing ok. He needs to wreck solo tonight if he's gonna do it at all. :yeh:

ylopony 10-14-2007 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 874013)
. Hopefully he'll drive the same way tonight, just with no one around to get slammed by his mistake...except maybe Stewrat and Gordon to share in his 'good fortune'.

It's gotta be tough to come to the realization that Gordon is one of the all time greats in Nascar. Two in a row and now has his sights on Allison, Waltrip, and Yarborough ahead of him in the all time win totals. " Gordon has a realistic chance to reach Pearson for #2 all time. Nobody will ever beat the best of all time(sorry it's not Earnhardt Sr. Or Jr.) Richard Petty.

G 10-14-2007 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 874405)
It's gotta be tough to come to the realization that Gordon is one of the all time greats in Nascar. Two in a row and now has his sights on Allison, Waltrip, and Yarborough ahead of him in the all time win totals. " Gordon has a realistic chance to reach Pearson for #2 all time. Nobody will ever beat the best of all time(sorry it's not Earnhardt Sr. Or Jr.) Richard Petty.

I don't think "wins" is the only measure of "greatness". I'm not even sure the best made it into Cup. :)

He did a great job tonight. :smokin:

falcongtho3 10-14-2007 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 874405)

Two in a row makes you great? Not so tough to realize others have done that. He's still not that 'great' in my opinion. He can drive and he's with a team that has depth, but he shares something with his second place team 'mate' that just really rubs me the wrong way. I never cared for Earnhardt Sr., but I did respect him. I liked Petty, including his deserved respect. Elliott was easy to like, respect, and follow with his sucess. It's easy to jump on the winners bandwagon, it's not so easy to carry the banner for your favorite (team, driver, or brand) when things don't go your way.

gvervoren 10-14-2007 08:30 AM

Like it or not, JJ and JG are probably the the best drivers that are in the Nextel Cup series right now.

ylopony 10-14-2007 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 874491)
Two in a row makes you great? Not so tough to realize others have done that. He's still not that 'great' in my opinion. He can drive and he's with a team that has depth, but he shares something with his second place team 'mate' that just really rubs me the wrong way. I never cared for Earnhardt Sr., but I did respect him. I liked Petty, including his deserved respect. Elliott was easy to like, respect, and follow with his sucess. It's easy to jump on the winners bandwagon, it's not so easy to carry the banner for your favorite (team, driver, or brand) when things don't go your way.

Does winning two in a row make a driver great. No it don't. But when you have 81 career wins and 4 cup championships and looking at 5 that makes you great. And yes a great team is important, but you still have to drive the car.I was never a huge fan of Earnhardt Sr. either but he was great. I was not a big Darrell Waltrip fan but he was a great driver.

As for jumping on bandwagons, trust me I am no jump on the band wagon fan of Jeff Gordon. I've been a fan of his for years. Ernie Irvin and Gordon are my favorite drivers.

As for carrying a team banner in good or bad. My friend, you are singing to the choir. I grew up and still live in the Cleveland area. I have been a lifetime Indians fan. I remember going to games with less than 2,000 in attendance and watching through 100 loss seasons.

I have been a lifetime Browns fans. I had my heart ripped out when Modell left for Baltimore. I have watched dismal teams in the 70's. I have watched and cheered for this team as lousy as they have been since they came back. In fact, I'm about ready to head out the door to go to the Browns-Dolphins game here shortly.

I have been a lifetime fan of the Cavaliers. I have watched their abismal years up to the 80's with Daugherty, Price, Nance, and Hotrod. Then the return to bottom dwellers prior to Lebron James.

I appreciate that you do not like or cheer for Gordon. Your opinion of Gordon is your choice. I hate the Steelers. However, they are a great team. I hate the Redsox(which has caused a real problem for me now that they are part of Roush)but they are still a great team.

falcongtho3 10-14-2007 08:57 AM

I can appreciate all of your points, and very much can relate to those teams you've been true to without kind of positive return. It does look like your Indians could bring some joy to a club who only victories have been on the big screen in 'Major League' (let's forget the sequel, if we may). At least you don't have to try to put up with anything close to the Saints (look for paper bags on the heads of fans to make a return in the coming weeks), a team which could almost do no wrong last year, and their only jewel in a long suffering team history, and couldn't buy a win this year.
So many of the Gordon/Johnson fans that I have to encounter (especially at work) probably couldn't spell NASCAR five years ago, so you can see where the bandwagon thing comes from.
At least Cleveland has sometype of basketball program that has some recognition, we've had the Jazz (now in Utah), and now the Hornets.
Send sports CARE packages to this address...

Azure Blurr 10-14-2007 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 874505)
Like it or not, JJ and JG are members of one of the greatest teams that is in the Nextel Cup series right now.

Fixed! Drivers make up a small percentage of a great race team! :D

G 10-14-2007 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure Blurr (Post 874522)
Fixed! Drivers make up a small percentage of a great race team! :D

:agree: moving to that organization could make a bunch of guys "great". :cool:

gvervoren 10-14-2007 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 874734)
:agree: moving to that organization could make a bunch of guys "great". :cool:

Why isn't Casey Mears winning a lot then?. Granted he is a "good' driver but nothing to the caliber of JJ or JG. And it shows on the track. Casey has the exact same equipment as JJ and JG but he isn't winning no where near as much. Explain that please.

G 10-14-2007 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 874870)
Why isn't Casey Mears winning a lot then?. Granted he is a "good' driver but nothing to the caliber of JJ or JG. And it shows on the track. Casey has the exact same equipment as JJ and JG but he isn't winning no where near as much. Explain that please.

JJ and JG share the same facility, the 25 is over with the shrubs car. :eyebrows:

Those 4 cars are not alike. We don't like admitting it but I have a cousin that worked on the 24/48. He now works for Delana Harvick. :cool:

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...omplex_Map.jpg