2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

falcongtho3 08-04-2009 11:29 AM

Re: NASCAR thread

They actually re-ran it last night...the show not the actual race.
They need to go back over JJs car after changing out all of the stuff they did. No way legal car is going to make up the 20 or spots he did with the car being to spec. No way.

:borg:

02mach1 08-04-2009 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1184664)
They actually re-ran it last night...the show not the actual race.
They need to go back over JJs car after changing out all of the stuff they did. No way legal car is going to make up the 20 or spots he did with the car being to spec. No way.

I'll agree there's something about that,:soapbox:

02mach1 08-06-2009 12:32 AM

That's not away to go,:wow:

falcongtho3 08-06-2009 07:21 AM

That's what NASCAR needs to spice things up. From now on drivers have to text message during the race, avoid (or not) obstacles on the track, and race around potholes purposely placed on the tracks.
I can see it now...the Road Kill 500!

81CG87 08-06-2009 10:39 AM

Mustang been approved for NASCAR in 2010

FEARED 08-06-2009 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 81CG87 (Post 1185592)
Mustang been approved for NASCAR in 2010

sweet! Nascar has taken one step in the RIGHT direction.

falcongtho3 08-06-2009 10:41 PM

The Nationwide COT will se the Mustang for Ford and the Challenger for Dodge. I think this is great for the sport. GM, on the other hand, has chosen to stick with the Impala, while NASCAR wanted to see the Camaro on the track. I think that it would have been a real shot in the arm for the second tier series to have all three domestic manufacturers running their pony car offerings...even while Toyota runs the Camry...a car everyone buys and no one cares about.

gvervoren 08-07-2009 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder (Post 1185234)
Joe Gibbs Racing driver Brad Coleman was testing a Gibbs NASCAR Sprint Cup Series car at Arizona Proving Grounds earlier this week and came onto the radio and told his crew something rather unusual.

"Guys, I hit a coyote," Coleman said.

Coleman was running close to 200 mph around the 10-mile test track when he saw the animal wander under the outside guardrail.

"I'm in the middle of the corner, and I'm doing 190," Coleman said Friday at Nashville Superspeedway before practicing his Nationwide Series car. "I'm just cruising. You run the high line there, because that's where the most banking is. It's the high-speed lane. There's just a guardrail there like on the freeway.

"I see this thing, it must've been 100 feet in front of me, just jump out. Right when I saw it come out from under the guardrail, I thought, 'That's a coyote.'"

"The engine started smoking like crazy," Coleman said. "And it smelled terrible. I didn't see anything in the mirror, so I thought, 'I wonder where the coyote went?' I said, 'Guys, I hit a coyote. I'm going to come in because I think it screwed up the radiator. I think it clogged up the grille a little bit.'"

NASTY PICS BELOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/n...8/image001.jpg

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/n...8/image002.jpg

MMMMM Lunch!!!

bris09 08-11-2009 10:36 AM

For the Kyle Busch haters. The driver I used to help (before I took the current job) beat Kyle Wednesday night at Williams Grove Speedway (1/2 clay). I do have to give Kyle credit though. He jumped into a car he had never driven at a track he never raced, finished 2nd in the feature, and yes he raced clean.

http://www.williamsgrove.com/results8-5-09.htm

ylopony 08-13-2009 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bris09 (Post 1187551)
For the Kyle Busch haters. The driver I used to help (before I took the current job) beat Kyle Wednesday night at Williams Grove Speedway (1/2 clay). I do have to give Kyle credit though. He jumped into a car he had never driven at a track he never raced, finished 2nd in the feature, and yes he raced clean.

http://www.williamsgrove.com/results8-5-09.htm

I still dislike the idiot. I get tired of hearing his :eyes: every week when he loses just like this weekend in the Nationwide race.

A side note to the race in Watkins Glen: whether one is a hater of Jeff Gordon or not, I'm glad he is ok, that was one heck of a wreck. I was watching the race with some friends and one of them is a huge hater of Gordon. He was hooping and hollering over the accident. This guy was also a hater of Dale Sr. and I remember the excitement he had over Earnhardt in his wreck in 01 at Daytona; he sure wasn't hooting and hollering when he didn't get out of that car and I have the same feeling that if Gordon didn't walk out of that car he'd have felt like an idiot all over again.

I personally am not into the wrecks. Those are still humans in a car going up to 200mph and even with all the safety features in the cars it has the potential to be their last race. If their going to get taken out of a race I'd rather see it from a mechanical failure, pit mistake, or just flat out get beat. I wouln't wish that type of wreck on any driver including both Bush brothers and anyone driving a Toyota.

Big Ron 08-16-2009 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 1188360)
I still dislike the idiot. I get tired of hearing his :eyes: every week when he loses just like this weekend in the Nationwide race.

some more :eyes: for you! looks like he got passed by two cars!

http://www.nascar.com/video/busch/20...ml?MostPopular

Azure Blurr 08-16-2009 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Ron (Post 1189848)
2003 Torch Red Mach 1 Automatic w/IUP
VIN#1FAFP42R93F396607
Built 2/28/03 - Bought 4/07/03 w/8 miles
M1R Member #2260 - MCA Member #56505
Original Owner

Nice sig Ron!

G 08-16-2009 09:38 PM

I'm glad they shut up about Vickers not "closing the deal". They need some better weather guessers in MI. :23:

falcongtho3 08-16-2009 10:09 PM

0% chance of rain, and they get red flagged for rain?!?
It'll be a shame, but interesting when the time for the 'chase' comes around and Kyle doesn't get in, Jr. doesn't get in and the guy with the most victories this season (so far...Mark) doesn't get in. Think NASCAR will circle the wagons and re-think the whole deal?

02mach1 08-17-2009 01:04 PM

Will they are off this week before Bristol.

ylopony 08-17-2009 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1189896)
0% chance of rain, and they get red flagged for rain?!?
It'll be a shame, but interesting when the time for the 'chase' comes around and Kyle doesn't get in, Jr. doesn't get in and the guy with the most victories this season (so far...Mark) doesn't get in. Think NASCAR will circle the wagons and re-think the whole deal?

Kyle and Jr. don't belong in the chase, they have not been that great this year. Yes, it would be a shame for Martin but then again his team should have had a little more sense this past Sunday. I couldn't believe what I was hearing at the race when his team decided to go for it. Jimmy Johnson had nothing to lose, he's locked in the points, same for Gordon, but not his team.

I just got back today from Michigan this past weekend. As usual I love MIS. If your looking for wrecks this is not usually the place. But they do run 3 and 4 wide and hit close to 200mph. You can see the whole track from most seats above row 15 anywhere. As usual, Kyle in his own words admitted "I'm complaining, whining, and a crybaby. Shut up you flappy eared jack azz, it's the last lap and that's called racing.

falcongtho3 08-17-2009 08:33 PM

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Jr. fan, and certaily not a Kyle fan, but I think NASCAR certainly wants them both in the chase. It's good for the ratings as far as they are concerned, regarless of whether they deserve it (they don't). To see the three Roush cars in makes me happy, but I certainly want to see Mark in there. I think he does deserve to be in the chase, moreso than some that are...but it's their rules...until they decide to change them again!

Larry Warcup 08-17-2009 08:58 PM

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...Front-Angl.jpg

Ford Racing has gone through the official NASCAR submission and approval process for the new car, and, once templates are finalized, production of Mustang parts will start so teams can build the first cars for testing later this fall.

The 2010 Ford Mustang will join the 2010 Fusion (Sprint Cup) and the 2009 Ford F-Series (Camping World Truck Series) as Ford’s competitive entries in NASCAR’s three major professional series.

Since its debut in 1964, Mustang has compiled more than 2,000 professional racing victories in NHRA, Grand-Am, IMSA, SCCA, NMRA and NMCA, as well as other racing series.

falcongtho3 08-22-2009 08:10 AM

Nice to see the Roush 1-2 in the N'Wide series last night. Even better to see whinny baby Busch down 55 laps. (Taurus pace car with numerous Mustang support cars were a bonus)
Congrats to Mark on getting the pose, as well as Greg being on the outside pole (by .022 seconds! ). Should make for a good race tonight.
NASCAR annouced that they were looking at fuel injection for the cars!?! Sould be ready about the same time we're using flux capacitors fueled by our Mr. Fusion!

falcongtho3 08-30-2009 07:34 PM

Awsome finish for Carl in the N'Wide race. Felt sorry for Marcus, who only made one mistake all day...last corner, last lap. Besides that, I REALLY enjoyed Kyles 10th place finish after trying to get in where he didn't belong!

Also, they announced that the NW COT will run 4 races next year, so here come the NAStangs!

falcongtho3 08-30-2009 07:38 PM

Since it is you...I'll...type...slower...

G 08-30-2009 09:58 PM

Great race today. I hope they race the Cup cars in the rain soon. :smokin:

gvervoren 08-30-2009 11:00 PM

I don't like the grill decal on the mustang. It just doesn't look right to me.