2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

falcongtho3 11-12-2008 08:41 AM

Re: NASCAR thread

Just when you think things couldn't get any worse....

http://www.fordfusionforum.com/index.php?showtopic=1568

:borg:

dcpatters 11-12-2008 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1071263)
Just when you think things couldn't get any worse....

http://www.fordfusionforum.com/index.php?showtopic=1568

That's not too bad. I remember after I got my Mach in 2003, this was the Pace car. :smokin: I guess Ford offers the latest new vehicle's.

falcongtho3 11-12-2008 02:31 PM

I've a copy of a short portion of that race taped when the TR Mach paced the race. I was hoping they'd be using the 2010 Mustang or a Super Snake or GT500 KR or something really cool. This is the opposite of that.

birdman941 11-12-2008 02:34 PM

As long as there is no "7 fast and & 7 Furious" race.
It would sound like an old V6 Busch Series race. (Bumblebee swarm)

dcpatters 11-12-2008 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1071360)
I've a copy of a short portion of that race taped when the TR Mach paced the race. I was hoping they'd be using the 2010 Mustang or a Super Snake or GT500 KR or something really cool. This is the opposite of that.

Yeah, that's a great point. Doesn't make much sense now. I can only guess Ford is pushing the "green" thing.

On a side note, just bought my wife an '09 Fusion with Sport appearance package. Great car. :THUMBSUP:

falcongtho3 11-12-2008 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcpatters (Post 1071362)
Yeah, that's a great point. Doesn't make much sense now. I can only guess Ford is pushing the "green" thing.

Maybe France (the idiot, not the country...oh, wait...I repeat myself) will join the green bandwagon and have them running hybrid cars in 2011-2012 in the Empty Cup Series so that all of the west coast tree huggers can enjoy what we started in the south, refined to a great art...and then saw trashed by mismanagement. Kinda like blackened redfish...

dcpatters 11-12-2008 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1071416)
Maybe France (the idiot, not the country...oh, wait...I repeat myself) will join the green bandwagon and have them running hybrid cars in 2011-2012 in the Empty Cup Series so that all of the west coast tree huggers can enjoy what we started in the south, refined to a great art...and then saw trashed by mismanagement. Kinda like blackened redfish...

I guess I am not the only one that thinks France is an idiot. What that knuckle-head has done to NASCAR :anger:

birdman941 11-12-2008 05:31 PM

The 'Empty Cup" series! :23: :23: :23:
Ed Begley Jr. Can be the "Lack of Competition" Director! :butt:

dcpatters 11-12-2008 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 1071427)
The 'Empty Cup" series! :23: :23: :23:
Ed Begley Jr. Can be the "Lack of Competition" Director! :butt:

And to think, France was not happy with ABC's decision on moving the race coverage to ESPN2 so "America's Funniest Videos" would not be affected.

:worship: ABC, you did me a favor.

falcongtho3 11-12-2008 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcpatters (Post 1071430)
And to think, France was not happy with ABC's decision on moving the race coverage to ESPN2 so "America's Funniest Videos" would not be affected.

:worship: ABC, you did me a favor.

They MOVED it?!?! I thought it was an entry on AFV!

dcpatters 11-12-2008 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1071431)
They MOVED it?!?! I thought it was an entry on AFV!

:23: That was brilliant falcongtho3

gvervoren 11-16-2008 08:31 PM

Well it seems that Jimmy Johnson may be the best of all time. Including people like Dale Earnhardt and Cale Yarborough when compared to the competitiveness of Nascar during their era. Now I'm NOT saying Jimmy is a better driver then those guys but he did accomplished what they did in this era of NASCAR when it is a lot harder to do it. Here is an article that shows stats to show this. It basically says that Jimmy did what they did but with a lot more competitive teams to race against which I firmly agree with and have been saying for a while. If these NASCAR legends such as Earnhardt, Yarborough, and Petty were racing in NASCAR in this era, they would not have the wins and championships like they had back then. It is much more competitive now days then it was back then.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/stor...ong-the-greats

falcongtho3 11-16-2008 08:37 PM

There was that OTHER guy this year. The one who came in second place in champoinship points in two different series. Not too shabby on his part...I think it was Edward Carl or something like that...

(I can't think of it, and it seems no one else in the media knows what he did, either)

Congrats to JJ on his acomplishment, and to JG for proding him...along, I meant to say proding him along...I really did!

dcpatters 11-17-2008 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 1072806)
Here is an article that shows stats to show this. It basically says that Jimmy did what they did but with a lot more competitive teams to race against which I firmly agree with and have been saying for a while.

I am not sure how many competitive teams there are these days. Between Johnson, Edwards, and cough, cough Busch, not really too much going on.

Off topic, and will NASCAR stop allowing teams to transfer points, swap team drivers, cars, etc. :grr: I guess Scott Speed received his Daytona 500 starting spot on a silver platter thanks for Vickers.

birdman941 11-17-2008 02:36 PM

Although I still don't like JJ,
I will buy stuff at Lowes, when Ace doesn't have it.
Mainly because they sponsor an American car, and Home Depot doesn't.

ylopony 11-17-2008 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 1072806)
Well it seems that Jimmy Johnson may be the best of all time. Including people like Dale Earnhardt and Cale Yarborough when compared to the competitiveness of Nascar during their era. Now I'm NOT saying Jimmy is a better driver then those guys but he did accomplished what they did in this era of NASCAR when it is a lot harder to do it. Here is an article that shows stats to show this. It basically says that Jimmy did what they did but with a lot more competitive teams to race against which I firmly agree with and have been saying for a while. If these NASCAR legends such as Earnhardt, Yarborough, and Petty were racing in NASCAR in this era, they would not have the wins and championships like they had back then. It is much more competitive now days then it was back then.

Time will tell whether Jimmy is one of the all time greats.(my belief is that he is). However his three in a row is incredible. He has also won a boat load of races in such a short period. He is an unbelievable driver. Also, to the JG bashers. If he was racing under the old format he would have won the title last year and two others as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1072808)
There was that OTHER guy this year. The one who came in second place in champoinship points in two different series. Not too shabby on his part...I think it was Edward Carl or something like that...

(I can't think of it, and it seems no one else in the media knows what he did, either)

Congrats to JJ on his acomplishment, and to JG for proding him...along, I meant to say proding him along...I really did!

As for the other guy, I think he's a bit of a hot head and somewhat of a showboat, but he can flat out drive a car. One heck of a year from Carl Edwards. Very impressive indeed.

As for why the media can't remember it, it's like the World Series runner up or the Super Bowl loser, no one can remember who they are.

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 1072989)
Although I still don't like JJ,
I will buy stuff at Lowes, when Ace doesn't have it.
Mainly because they sponsor an American car, and Home Depot doesn't.

I'm with you, Home Depot lost my business when they signed that contract with JGR and Toyota.

gvervoren 11-19-2008 07:29 PM

Here is an article on NASCAR.com showing how Brian France screwed up NASCAR. It shows that on the average, TV ratings are going down in the last 10 races since the chase started. I'm sure this is happening all year but the chart just shows the chase races. Now with the COT cars, a lot of the races are boring. Including Bristol!!

http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/feat...ars/index.html

dcpatters 11-19-2008 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 1072999)
He has also won a boat load of races in such a short period. He is an unbelievable driver. Also, to the JG bashers. If he was racing under the old format he would have won the title last year and two others as well.

Definitely, I'll give credit where credit is due, but I am a firm believer Chad Knause has a lot to do with his success.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 1073855)
Here is an article on NASCAR.com showing how Brian France screwed up NASCAR. It shows that on the average, TV ratings are going down in the last 10 races since the chase started. I'm sure this is happening all year but the chart just shows the chase races. Now with the COT cars, a lot of the races are boring. Including Bristol!!

And just forget about any updates on drivers that are not in the Chase. That's all you hear that last 10 races!!!

birdman941 11-19-2008 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 1073855)

http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/feat...ars/index.html

I went and posted this on the BB over there.

"The ratings are down and attendance is down.
Why?
The COT is fugly wih the ricer wing.
Brian the Pansy France allowed toiletta in.
No one wants to see foreign cars on the track.
No one wants to see foreign drivers on the track,
nor indycar wannabes.
No one wants to hear the Waltrips kissing toiletta's butt
on every broadcast either.
No one cares about "the chase".
ASSCAR racing has become a joke,
and I hope the Big 3 pull out so "The Pansy"
can see how he has destroyed what the intelligent
members of his family created.
The Pansy drives a Lexus (made by toiletta)
so we all know where head is at,
at least when the suppositories aren't in the way."

dcpatters 11-19-2008 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 1073887)

nor indycar wannabes.
"

And F1 drivers. How many are left now? Guess it's not as easy as everything thinks! "Oh, in NASCAR, they only turn left!" Yeah, OK!!!!

I am sure Scott Speed is going to stink up the place too.

ylopony 11-19-2008 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcpatters (Post 1073858)
Definitely, I'll give credit where credit is due, but I am a firm believer Chad Knause has a lot to do with his success.

Absolutely, without a doubt. Behind every great driver is a great crew chief and Knause is one of the best.

03mach69mach 11-20-2008 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 1073887)

"The ratings are down and attendance is down.
Why?
The COT is fugly wih the ricer wing.
Brian the Pansy France allowed toiletta in.
No one wants to see foreign cars on the track.
No one wants to see foreign drivers on the track,
nor indycar wannabes.
No one wants to hear the Waltrips kissing toiletta's butt
on every broadcast either.
No one cares about "the chase".
ASSCAR racing has become a joke,
and I hope the Big 3 pull out so "The Pansy"
can see how he has destroyed what the intelligent
members of his family created.
The Pansy drives a Lexus (made by toiletta)
so we all know where head is at,
at least when the suppositories aren't in the way."

You hit a lot of the points, but also don't discount the cookie cutter tracks that all look & drive the same (no more Rockingham or North Wilksboro), cookie cutter cars (that all look the same....crappy & not like anything that any of the manufacturers actually make) & last but not least, cookie cutter drivers. Let one of the drivers begin to show some personality or emotion and Nascar hauls them to the trailer to "re-educate" them about sponsors & $$.
Nascar used to be a swig of Jack Daniels each week, with personalities, back & forth between manufacturers & owners, excitement & real racing (that, yes involved bumping, grinding & wrecking). Now it is not much more than warm milk. Nothing wrong with warm milk, but warm milk helps you to go to sleep and that is where the sport is slowing going.....to sleep. Where is Jack Kevorkian when you need him. Will the last person who cares about this sport pull the plug when you leave!!
:3amin:

02mach1 11-20-2008 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03mach69mach (Post 1074078)
You hit a lot of the points, but also don't discount the cookie cutter tracks that all look & drive the same (no more Rockingham or North Wilksboro), cookie cutter cars (that all look the same....crappy & not like anything that any of the manufacturers actually make) & last but not least, cookie cutter drivers. Let one of the drivers begin to show some personality or emotion and Nascar hauls them to the trailer to "re-educate" them about sponsors & $$.
Nascar used to be a swig of Jack Daniels each week, with personalities, back & forth between manufacturers & owners, excitement & real racing (that, yes involved bumping, grinding & wrecking). Now it is not much more than warm milk. Nothing wrong with warm milk, but warm milk helps you to go to sleep and that is where the sport is slowing going.....to sleep. Where is Jack Kevorkian when you need him. Will the last person who cares about this sport pull the plug when you leave!!
:3amin:

I give Nascar two years before goes under. is like the Trams Ams days all over again,

birdman941 11-20-2008 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02mach1 (Post 1074331)
I give Nascar two years before goes under. is like the Trams Ams days all over again,

:agree:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...unkwaltrip.jpg

dcpatters 11-20-2008 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02mach1 (Post 1074331)

You know, I would actually say :CHEERS: to that.