2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

birdman941 10-05-2008 09:39 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

This takes the cake.
A rookie, Reagan Smith, who Stewart forced below the line,
was going for his first win.
ASSCAR relegated him to 18th place!
:wtf: ?

G 10-05-2008 10:14 PM

Headline "NASCAR makes good call"

"according to NASCAR" :smack:

G 10-05-2008 10:21 PM

Ok, if the rule really is you get a black flag and a pass through penalty for improving your position below the yellow line???????

Then the rule also states that you may be black flagged for forcing someone below the line??????

We really need to clear up some of these wills, mays, coulds, and other nascar BS. :anger:

To be fair --- Paul Menard should be your winner or it should be Smith. :23:

NASCAR will regret this call. :smokin:

birdman941 10-05-2008 10:40 PM

Brian France is so stupid,
even low ratings and empty grandstands cannot wake up that tool.

ylopony 10-06-2008 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 1056306)
Brian France is so stupid,
even low ratings and empty grandstands cannot wake up that tool.

Once Chevy, Ford, and Dodge are gone and all that's on the track are Honda's, Toyota's, & Nissan's, then France can leave this country and take his show over to Europe and Nascar can race on Saturday afternoon before F1 races and be their version of the Nationwide circuit.

This idiot needs to wake up real soon:crazy:

birdman941 10-06-2008 09:50 AM

I am so looking forward to the "Uncle Ben's 500".
Not.

falcongtho3 10-09-2008 10:40 PM

JJ gets the pole by default...JG remains jealous.

In other NASCAR news, apparently Carl Edwards is trying to sabotage Harvicks chances by denting the Chevys hood with his head and keeping Harvicks crew busy by teaching them WWE style wrestling moves like the headlock! check out the NASCAR site for the details, but it don't sound pretty.

:borg:

birdman941 10-09-2008 10:58 PM

I saw that too.
I guess since Harvick took Dale Sr.'s ride after he died,
he thinks he IS Dale Sr.

ylopony 10-11-2008 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 1058226)
I saw that too.
I guess since Harvick took Dale Sr.'s ride after he died,
he thinks he IS Dale Sr.

I really don't care for Kevin Harvick. However, I think Edwards is more to blame here. Take the homer aspect out of this thing and forget that Edwards is a Roush driver. His stupid move took out himself and two other teammates in the chase as well as several other cars. He went into the Harvick camp and started trouble. Harvick did not go to Edwards.

However, Harvick now needs to shut up and let it go. To Edwards credit he appears to have moved on. I also here that the tension is very thick right now at team Roush. It's been reported that Biffle and Kenseth still are not very excited by their teammate.

G 10-11-2008 10:49 AM

Interesting poll (or is it a pool) on nascar.com.................

Who would win in a good old-fashioned knock-down, drag-out between Kevin Harvick and Carl Edwards?

I just have a feeling when you consider all factors, Harvick would pull it off. It's important to be fit and Carl has the edge there but Kevin has had some tough encounters of this type before and came out on top.

The results are like the election, very close!!!!

http://www.nascar.com/POLLSERVER/results/42506.html

Blackpony04 10-11-2008 04:39 PM

All I can say is he's called Yap-Yap Harvick for a reason! I think Carl could easily take him in a fair fight. Key word being "Fair!" I think Harvick would bring a wrench! :23:

Big Ron 10-11-2008 06:26 PM

I'll go out on a "shakey" limb and predict #48 or #88 will win it tonight!

Big Ron :smokin:

birdman941 10-11-2008 06:34 PM

I'll take the 17 or the 6.

Thunderbolt 10-11-2008 07:52 PM

Hey Gordon, this aint Darlington!! :31:

birdman941 10-11-2008 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1058805)
Hey Gordon, this aint Darlington!! :31:

:23: :23:

birdman941 10-11-2008 08:30 PM

Two toilettas in one wreck, caused by a 3rd toiletta.
Life is good.

Big Ron 10-11-2008 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 1058670)
Interesting poll (or is it a pool) on nascar.com.................

Who would win in a good old-fashioned knock-down, drag-out between Kevin Harvick and Carl Edwards?

it all started here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXbHQtZH8dE

Big Ron :smokin:

Thunderbolt 10-11-2008 08:47 PM

Wow!! That's a major blow for Carl Edwards.

birdman941 10-11-2008 08:54 PM

Glad I picked the 17 and 6.

ylopony 10-11-2008 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackpony04 (Post 1058745)
All I can say is he's called Yap-Yap Harvick for a reason! I think Carl could easily take him in a fair fight. Key word being "Fair!" I think Harvick would bring a wrench! :23:

Looks like Harvick put Edwards on his :butt:

http://f3.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports...z5pJADZD2LJUX_

And talking about fair, looks more like Edwards with the girlie girl moves to me.

http://f3.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports...pwpJADkwSIFgH0

birdman941 10-11-2008 09:34 PM

Harvick is a jackazz and always will be.

Thunderbolt 10-11-2008 11:46 PM

I have'nt seen very many races this year, but that was by far the best one I've seen. Burton drove like I've never seen before. Excellent race.

ylopony 10-12-2008 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 1058835)
Harvick is a jackazz and always will be.

I agree, I have never liked Harvick and it has nothing to do with him taking over Dale Sr's ride. However, Edwards over the last year or so is really starting to morph into a real :butt: himself. He's becoming very uncharacteristic of the type of driver Roush likes and he's also had several skirmishes with teammates included last weekends crash and aftermath. His going into Harvicks garage was very "Busch" league(pun intended).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1058872)
I have'nt seen very many races this year, but that was by far the best one I've seen. Burton drove like I've never seen before. Excellent race.

That was an excellent race and a great job by Burton and his crew to take a win last night.

After last night about the only three drivers who have a chance are Johnson, Burton, and Biffle. Edwards with his two horrible races in a row is virtually out of it.

It did suck to see the Busch brothers finish 3 and 4. But it was nice to see Kahne finish 2nd, Martin in 9th, and sooner or later David Ragan is going to break out and win a race. Ohh and how can I forget Jeff Gordon in 8th. After doing his best Kyle Busch impersonation and hitting the wall twice in the first couple of laps:crazy: ends up rebounding very nice.

falcongtho3 10-12-2008 09:19 AM

It was very impressive to see Gordon start off on such a sour note and make the comeback that he did. The in-car footage of Jrs. ride of the wall was really something eye-opening. Lots of really ugly noises.
Edwards probably got hit by whatever Karma he brought upon himself, and it would be sad to see him out of contention, since we still have the second half of the chase yet to go. Poor Matt can't buy abreak, and Biffle seems to be riding a wave of 'almost there'.
Should be an interesting next five weeks to say the least.
:borg:

Blackpony04 10-12-2008 09:51 AM

I'm just glad that Johnson didn't win at Charlotte for the ten thousandth time! Glad that a nice guy like Jeff Burton could win. Plus his wife is really hot!