2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

Rustangin 05-10-2008 11:28 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

Congrats to Kyle...like him or not the boy can drive....big pat on the back to my boy Carl though....36th to 2nd....I'll take that anyday!

mach1 03 05-10-2008 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rustangin (Post 992972)
Congrats to Kyle...like him or not the boy can drive....big pat on the back to my boy Carl though....36th to 2nd....I'll take that anyday!

he's not my favorite driver decently not my favorite brand of car but he is a good driver and you can't disagree with that.

falcongtho3 05-11-2008 07:11 AM

Don't like him now, didn't like him when he was a Chebby driver. But if you remember last year, all the talk was that he would be 'The One' this year, and that was before the JGR switch to the more powerful 'Yotas. I had great hopes for the Biff last night. Cant' wait to hear what went wrong with his car, and also would really like to know what the mysterious vibration plaquing the Roush cars was.

:borg:

gvervoren 05-11-2008 08:58 AM

How and the heck can you smack the wall that many times and that hard and still win the race? It just shows how good of a driver he really is.

On a side note, is anyone else getting sick of DW constantly talking about how great the COT car is. I mean come on, we get the point already, it's a safer car!!! Now shut up DW!!!! He needs a muzzle so we can't hear him. LOL

ylopony 05-11-2008 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 993054)
How and the heck can you smack the wall that many times and that hard and still win the race? It just shows how good of a driver he really is.

On a side note, is anyone else getting sick of DW constantly talking about how great the COT car is. I mean come on, we get the point already, it's a safer car!!! Now shut up DW!!!! He needs a muzzle so we can't hear him. LOL

I have to agree with you. DW is getting very irritating listening to. I'm tired of hearing how great the COT is, how great Toyota is, how awesome Kyle Busch is, and etc, etc, etc,. Just call the freaking race and leave the commentaries outside the booth.

As for Kyle Busch. I hated him with Hendricks(can you believe that). I hate him with JGR, and I'll hate him if he goes elswhere. Again yesterday at a point in the race that was way too early to race as hard as he was, he almost took out Biffle by hitting him in the rear when Bif was in the lead. Biffle did one heck of a job to save the car.

With that I will admit, Busch is one talented driver and is going to be someone to reckon(punn intended) with for years.

Ohh, how could I forget, Good outing by Jeff Gordon. Finished 3rd with his Hendricks teammate JR. in 4th. Gordon finally is in the top 12 now in the chase.

kiler be 05-11-2008 09:52 AM

I've got to disagree with most of you guys. Kyle is NOT a good driver. they built a car he can't wreck. If they were in the old cars it would be the same old KYLE. crashed early and out of the race. As for DW he has always $ucked and that won't change til they FIRE him. :soapbox:

beerformeplz 05-11-2008 02:08 PM

Seems to me that most of the Kyle bashers are Hendrick fans. Hummm.

Blackpony04 05-11-2008 02:20 PM

I hate the Shrub. No need to elaborate.... :D

ylopony 05-11-2008 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beerformeplz (Post 993168)
Seems to me that most of the Kyle bashers are Hendrick fans. Hummm.

Most of these on here hate Hendricks as well. I'm one of the few that like the Hendricks team. :)

As for Busch, I've always hated him including when he was on Henricks. But then I never liked his brother either.

mach1 03 05-11-2008 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 993245)
Most of these on here hate Hendricks as well. I'm one of the few that like the Hendricks team. :)

As for Busch, I've always hated him including when he was on Henricks. But then I never liked his brother either.

I like them too but I wish they drove Ford instead but at least it's American if they drove Toyota I would haft to find a new favorite team.

ylopony 05-12-2008 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mach1 03 (Post 993325)
I like them too but I wish they drove Ford instead but at least it's American if they drove Toyota I would haft to find a new favorite team.

I'm with you on that one. I'd prefer a Ford but as long as it's not a Toyota. They cross over and then they can rot along with Stewart, Busch, Waltrip and the rest of the Toyota's. :3amin:

FEARED 05-14-2008 12:17 PM

Anyone looking forward to the all star race?

falcongtho3 05-14-2008 05:46 PM

I would if it weren't an exclusive of Speed channel. So, it's a week off for me...

gvervoren 05-14-2008 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FEARED (Post 994475)
Anyone looking forward to the all star race?

I'm ready and waiting for it.

Blackpony04 05-14-2008 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 994615)
I would if it weren't an exclusive of Speed channel. So, it's a week off for me...

Cheapskate lol. Gonna have to dump the antenna by next February John. :D

falcongtho3 05-14-2008 09:50 PM

No antenna, but the guy I'm scamming out of my free cable won't pony up for it!!!

(J/K, cable guys. I would never do that. But the local cable company requires you to buy the highest level of their services to get Speed. Besides, if I had Speed, I'd probably be unemployed since I would never want to leave the house. I've seen it...WRC, Muscle Cars, NASCAR...Yep, I'd be in serious trouble... )

G 05-17-2008 08:34 PM

Is there a race tonight?

G 05-17-2008 08:36 PM

Oh, I just noticed it on SPEED. :23:

Nice run for Horish, I think AJ better avoid Sadler for a few years. He may get chewed up like a bologna burger. :mrt:

birdman941 05-17-2008 08:57 PM

DJ is gonna drive the truck!!!

G 05-17-2008 09:01 PM

Wow, that's some nice boo'in for ole shrub. :23:

His brother and Jeff Gordon must be glad shrub came along to collect all that fan "appreciation". :smack:

You couldn't write a better story than having Dale Jarrett win tonight. Well he could be in a Ford, that would be better. I think the odds are pretty long for Dale. :smokin:

G 05-17-2008 09:06 PM

I think the guys with the best chance are Carl, Jr, shrub, Gordon, and Stewart.

My preference to win would be Mark Martin, Jeff Burton, Biffle, Edwards, and Jarrett. It should be exciting. :worship:

ylopony 05-17-2008 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 995935)
I think the guys with the best chance are Carl, Jr, shrub, Gordon, and Stewart.

My preference to win would be Mark Martin, Jeff Burton, Biffle, Edwards, and Jarrett. It should be exciting. :worship:

Mine would be Gordon of course followed by JJ and Dale Jr. But I'll take a Biffle, Burton, or Edwards doing well.

What's really upsetting about this race after 25 laps? It's listening to DW the whole time praising Kyle Busch. That car is great, he is great, he's the one to beat, he has really matured(yea right), He's this He's that. DW has has his head so far up Kyle's colan via his :butt: that he knows what he had for dinner last night.

G 05-17-2008 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 995945)
Mine would be Gordon of course followed by JJ and Dale Jr. But I'll take a Biffle, Burton, or Edwards doing well.

What's really upsetting about this race after 25 laps? It's listening to DW the whole time praising Kyle Busch. That car is great, he is great, he's the one to beat, he has really matured(yea right), He's this He's that. DW has has his head so far up Kyle's colan via his :butt: that he knows what he had for dinner last night.

So, how long have you been a DW fan. :23:

For some reason he don't bother me at all. I was so surprised to hear shrubs car go sour, it might be fun to watch if they get it fixed. He was killin them on the starts. :worship:

G 05-17-2008 10:06 PM

Shrub is done for the night. They must not have made the announcement, I should be able to hear those cheers from here without the TV. :butt: :23: :23:

ylopony 05-17-2008 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 995964)
So, how long have you been a DW fan. :23:

For some reason he don't bother me at all. I was so surprised to hear shrubs car go sour, it might be fun to watch if they get it fixed. He was killin them on the starts. :worship:

Overall DW has not been a bad anouncer in the past. Perhaps I dislike him this year for his constant praise of Toyota and Kyle Busch.

Kyle is out. What a shame. LOL