2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

G 04-06-2008 12:34 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

Reutimann

Jr

Biff

It's just a guess because anything could happen there, it aint wraslin you know. :LAUGH:

falcongtho3 04-06-2008 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 977051)
it aint wraslin you know. :LAUGH:

Yeah...you go on believing that...

:borg:

Thunderbolt 04-06-2008 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 977051)
Reutimann

:31: :31: Now that's funny. Was that a cane in D.W.'s hand when they were at the cutaway car? I was waiting for him to point with it but he just kept it in his hand. :OUCH:

RnJstel 04-06-2008 02:29 PM

I really dont give a rats rear about Nascrap anymore but, thought you guys might get a kick out this article about "Nascar taking actions to address erosion of long term fan base, empty seats and declining ratings":

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...?npc&nTar=OPUR

shame though, when I think of all the races (and all the good behind pit wall photos we have provided to this thread) over the years.

G 04-06-2008 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RnJstel (Post 977102)
I really dont give a rats rear about Nascrap anymore but, thought you guys might get a kick out this article about "Nascar taking actions to address erosion of long term fan base, empty seats and declining ratings":

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...?npc&nTar=OPUR

shame though, when I think of all the races (and all the good behind pit wall photos we have provided to this thread) over the years.

NASCAR has offended the core many times recently. The top 35 and chase suck, each car needs to qualify every race. Let the points go all year, if someone sews it up early there's a race for 2-43. I also would cap the teams to 2 cars only, break up this super team crap. :soapbox:

Thunderbolt 04-06-2008 03:49 PM

The Chase ruined it, and Toyota coming in may have been the last straw for some diehards. I don't watch complete races anymore. Just bits and pieces of them now. Going to a race is still alot of fun.

Azure Blurr 04-06-2008 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 977132)
The Chase ruined it, and Toyota coming in may have been the last straw for some diehards. I don't watch complete races anymore. Just bits and pieces of them now. Going to a race is still alot of fun.

Sometimes the first 20 laps and always the last 20 laps. Kinda snoozing between. Night race at Bristol rock!

ylopony 04-06-2008 04:14 PM

Well you guys got me on Gordon. Tough day.:OUCH:

Jr. and Johnson still looking good.:COOL:

Here's the reason that I'm no longer a big fan of the Roush team even though I like several of the drivers. I hate anything that is Boston. I hate the Patriots. I hate the Redsox. I hate the Celtics. I hate the Bruins. I hate how arrogant the fans in the Boston area have become. I hate flying into Boston. And I hate that Roush sold out half of his team to Fenway. The only thing that I like about Boston is the band Boston. :LAUGH:

Azure Blurr 04-06-2008 06:16 PM

If only Jimmie drove the 99............:D

Congrats Carl!

falcongtho3 04-06-2008 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 977143)
Here's the reason that I'm no longer a big fan of the Roush team even though I like several of the drivers. I hate anything that is Boston. I hate the Patriots. I hate the Redsox. I hate the Celtics. I hate the Bruins. I hate how arrogant the fans in the Boston area have become. I hate flying into Boston. And I hate that Roush sold out half of his team to Fenway. The only thing that I like about Boston is the band Boston. :LAUGH:

I take it you're not much on beans, either?

Glad to see Carl do the backflip...again!!!

02mach1 04-07-2008 12:42 AM

I call it right on money, good old Carl did it !

03mach69mach 04-07-2008 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder (Post 977216)
Glad to see Jeffey in LAST PLACE!!:LAUGH: :LAUGH: :LAUGH: :LAUGH:

Amen!!

The polesitter was on the bottom today! Also, did you catch the comment from Carl in the interview after the race where he said "it was good to see the grandstands full"!! I am sure that he will have to go to the NASCAR trailer to be reminded not to bring up how the COT is killing the sport & attendance is down. Good to see the "owner formerly known as a felon" teams sucking wind.

03mach69mach 04-07-2008 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure Blurr (Post 977142)
Sometimes the first 20 laps and always the last 20 laps. Kinda snoozing between. Night race at Bristol rock!

Same here but usually not the first 20 and only the last 10 that matter. Bristol Night race used to rock. Although the track reconfiguration from last year made last Aug. race a real snoozer. Watching cars on the interstate would have been more exciting.

ylopony 04-07-2008 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03mach69mach (Post 977423)
Amen!!

. Good to see the "owner formerly known as a felon" teams sucking wind.

If there were more people in this world who were former felons(or never convicted persons) do what he has done to other people and charity this world would be a better place. My family has personally been touched by this man when a nephew of mine as a child was fighting a potentially terminal illness. His charity and donations I believe helped him be here today. I can't think of a driver, owner, or team member in Nascar who can or has ever said one bad thing about him.

As for those teams sucking wind. Johnson seems to be turning it around real quick. And don't expect the #24 car to have another race like that. Blast him all you want, hate him all you want, but the fact is he is one of the greatest drivers to ever sit in the wheel of a race car.

And yes it is always nice to see Carl Edwards do a back flip. Good driver, good guy.

falcongtho3 04-07-2008 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 977428)
I And don't expect the #24 car to have another race like that.

Not unless they bless him with another car like the one he had yesterday. I wouldn't blame him if he'd put the thing into the wall on purpose. (I know he didn't, but I still would not have blamed him if he had). From what he was saying, and the way he was running (and yes, I know he's a better driver than what we saw in Texas) they must have installed the carburator upside down or had the tailpipes plugged. That thing was a DOG! I can't imagine how Hendricks could have had such a group of other good running cars (including the first loser, Johnson) and saddled Gordon with that brick?

Big Ron 04-07-2008 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 977143)
Well you guys got me on Gordon. Tough day.:OUCH:

# 24 will NEVER win at Texas......if he does they will dig up the track and start all over :claus:

Big Ron :smokin:

falcongtho3 04-11-2008 07:48 AM

Newman takes the pole (but not like Jimmie and Jeff take a pole), we have a driver racing on drugs, and Kyle Petty fails to qualify. Just another week in NASCAR, I guess...

Edwards for another win, with Mark in second, Biffle third!

G 04-11-2008 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 979508)
Newman takes the pole (but not like Jimmie and Jeff take a pole), we have a driver racing on drugs, and Kyle Petty fails to qualify. Just another week in NASCAR, I guess...

Edwards for another win, with Mark in second, Biffle third!

If they keep pushing the drug testing the drivers may proceed with Union plans and then RACING is done for the day the ratify a union.

I confussed by Tony Stewart being for the drug testing. :confused:

He looks like somebody who has the munchies way too often. :smokin:

G 04-12-2008 12:50 AM

Big Ears wins the Nationwide race and calls his car the Interstate Battery Chevrolet. :23: :23: :23:

2k4mach 04-12-2008 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 979838)
Big Ears wins the Nationwide race and calls his car the Interstate Battery Chevrolet. :23: :23: :23:

LMFAO@big ears

G 04-12-2008 01:27 AM

This is not exactly breaking news but I just noticed it. I have a friend who is also an NASCAR inspector who knew her.

Female NASCAR Official dies in auto accident, she worked in the engine department and was a good wrench according to my friend. She started with DEI and was kind of attractive. RIP

http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/head...ent/index.html

dcpatters 04-12-2008 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 979838)

Seriously?!? What a moran!!! :crazy:

Nevertheless, NASCAR is never going to be what it once was. France Jr. ruined the sport in my opinion.

Rustangin 04-12-2008 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcpatters (Post 979877)
Nevertheless, NASCAR is never going to be what it once was. France Jr. ruined the sport in my opinion.

I agree....what was once a blue collar sport had now become this high dollar crap shoot full of big name celebrities....I don't like where Nascar is going either but atleast my boy Carl is kicking some tail this year. I feel another backflip coming on in Phoenix tonight!