2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

gvervoren 10-23-2007 09:29 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

Carl all the way.

G 10-23-2007 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machths (Post 880289)
WOW! I had no idea that happened. That's pretty wild. I like Edwards, but I don't know about the fake to punch him in the face. It's kind of like pointing a gun at someone you have no intention of shooting. If you're gonna threaten like that, just do it. As for Kenseth, I lost a little respect for him a couple of years ago. But yeah, Carl would hand him his @ss in a second. I wonder what drove him to that.:OUCH:

Race related, I heard some car to car between the two about Carl backing off so early for turns 1 and 3 because he lost battery .... blowers .... brakes. It sounded like end of subject when they were done but Carl must not have been done EXPRESSING himself.

Matt should have NEVER let JG shove him because now he's labeled a wuss. You wouldn't see Carl do that to Ricky Rudd, Stewrat, or some of the others that won't take it. Go shove Jimmy Spencer and see what happens. :23:

I think Carl will lose some fans over this kind of stuff ---- even playing around. :smokin:

machths 10-23-2007 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 880307)
Race related, I heard some car to car between the two about Carl backing off so early for turns 1 and 3 because he lost battery .... blowers .... brakes. It sounded like end of subject when they were done but Carl must not have been done EXPRESSING himself.

Matt should have NEVER let JG shove him because now he's labeled a wuss. You wouldn't see Carl do that to Ricky Rudd, Stewrat, or some of the others that won't take it. Go shove Jimmy Spencer and see what happens. :23:

I think Carl will lose some fans over this kind of stuff ---- even playing around. :smokin:

:LAUGH: Yeah, seemed a little extreme to me.

Blackpony04 10-23-2007 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 880307)

I like him more because of this lol. Mr. Nice Guy ain't gonna get pushed around. :D

G 10-23-2007 10:23 PM

He's going for a championship. I'm not sure what weight division??????

:23:

machths 10-24-2007 09:01 AM

Interesting reading...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/7368536

G 10-24-2007 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machths (Post 880460)

Sounds silly! It really points out the advantage of having a leader (driver) on a team. Someone like Martin, Burton, or even Gordon are worth having for just that reason. :smokin:

machths 10-24-2007 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 880516)
Sounds silly! It really points out the advantage of having a leader (driver) on a team. Someone like Martin, Burton, or even Gordon are worth having for just that reason. :smokin:

Yeah, so does that mean, then, that Carl's real issue is that he's upset because his teamates won't come and congratulate him after he wins, or is he saying that he wants to be in Dale Jrs. shoes?:OUCH:

gvervoren 10-24-2007 05:39 PM

I think he just wants the team drivers to get along better and actually talk to each other.

G 10-24-2007 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machths (Post 880601)
Yeah, so does that mean, then, that Carl's real issue is that he's upset because his teamates won't come and congratulate him after he wins, or is he saying that he wants to be in Dale Jrs. shoes?:OUCH:

If I was wanting a ride --------- getting the deal Jr has would be great. You can't argue with the record HMS has the last few years. Working for Jack is bad because NASCAR seems to poop on him every chance they get. I don't mean anything bad by this but I just don't see Carl as a BIG "team player". I don't think multi teams are good anyway, I say 2 at the most. :smack:

ylopony 10-25-2007 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 880816)
I think he just wants the team drivers to get along better and actually talk to each other.

Perhaps it's not a team issue but a Carl Edwards problem instead. I've lost a lot of respect for him this past year. Matt Kenseth is an excellent driver and has shown a lot of class in this issue. To bad Matt don't drive for a class organization like Hendricks. Sorry Jack Roush, selling out to the Red Sox lost me. LOL

machths 10-25-2007 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 881170)
Perhaps it's not a team issue but a Carl Edwards problem instead.

That's kind of what I was thinking.

G 10-27-2007 07:25 PM

Carl didn't sew up the championship today and what did they have ---- like a thousand cautions. Nice to see a first time weiner but too bad he's driving a ricemobile. :23:

3150Mach1 10-27-2007 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 882547)
Carl didn't sew up the championship today and what did they have ---- like a thousand cautions. Nice to see a first time weiner but too bad he's driving a ricemobile. :23:

If my wife saw this post she would jump through the puter and kick you azz. She loves David.

G 10-27-2007 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03Mach150BP (Post 882565)
If my wife saw this post she would jump through the puter and kick you azz. She loves David.

He's OK ---- it's the car that sux. :23:

3150Mach1 10-28-2007 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 882648)
He's OK ---- it's the car that sux. :23:

We have met and talked with him a couple of times in Charlotte. Very humble and likeable guy.

G 10-28-2007 06:38 PM

I agree on Dave, too bad he didn't make the race today.

Man what a wild end to the race. Jr just can't catch a break and JJ would have been lucky to have won without that wheel falling off Jr's car. Carl would have been hard to hold off. :smokin:

3150Mach1 10-28-2007 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 882961)
I agree on Dave, too bad he didn't make the race today.

Man what a wild end to the race. Jr just can't catch a break and JJ would have been lucky to have won without that wheel falling off Jr's car. Carl would have been hard to hold off. :smokin:

Of course it was orders from the head cheese (TE) not to tighten his lugs at the end. Can't have Dale winning and showing her up.

socalmach 10-28-2007 06:45 PM

That was some crazy stuff with Jr's wheel.

Like it wasn't even tightened on.

birdman941 10-28-2007 06:47 PM

Maybe the center busted out of it.
I have seen it happen at Bristol.

falcongtho3 10-28-2007 07:50 PM

I'm waiting to hear if it was lugs of a broken wheel center, but either way it was a bizarre ending to a more bizarre race. I've never seen a car run out of gas on a restart at the end of the race. How weird was that? Hated to see JJ get handed a win, and was sure that Cark ot Matt could've improved their positions with the green/white ending...
:borg:

ylopony 10-29-2007 06:37 AM

No doubt that Johnson had one handed to him. However, great drivers and teams find a way to put themselves in a position to win if something just like yesterdays race happens.

falcongtho3 10-31-2007 07:47 AM

Contaminated fuel? NASCAR is reporting that 'more than 2, but less than 43' cars were affected by the contaminated fuel that led to the troubled restart than affected many of the cars when th elead car stumbled. One of the cars tested that had contaminated water in the fuel system included race winner Jimmy Johnson. No foul play is suspected.

03mach69mach 10-31-2007 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 884571)
Contaminated fuel? NASCAR is reporting that 'more than 2, but less than 43' cars were affected by the contaminated fuel that led to the troubled restart than affected many of the cars when th elead car stumbled. One of the cars tested that had contaminated water in the fuel system included race winner Jimmy Johnson. No foul play is suspected.

Nascar failed to notify teams that this was the first race whereby the COT cars would experiment with hydrogen fuel supply!!:3amin:

It will be interesting to see what the cause of this was. Not sure that I ever remember this happening in the past. Or maybe this is the way to bring in the newest Sponsor- HEET gas water remover!!!

Big Ron 10-31-2007 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03Mach150BP (Post 882963)
Of course it was orders from the head cheese (TE) not to tighten his lugs at the end. Can't have Dale winning and showing her up.

Jr will win at Texas........you heard it here first

Big Ron :claus: