2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

falcongtho3 07-29-2007 08:02 AM

Re: NASCAR thread

Now that Toyota's got it's first Busch win, I guess it's only a matter of time before they get their first cup win (Hopefully later rather than sooner). I was really pulling for Biffle and Edwards to make a go of it, but I guess their tires just weren't up to the cause. Ready for an exciting Cup race today!
:borg:

Azure Blurr 07-29-2007 08:10 AM

Toyota can't even make it into the race, HTF are they going to win.
That being said, that lone Toyota will probably win today to kick me down!

Any predictions? :12:

gvervoren 07-29-2007 08:12 AM

I'm thinking it's going to be either Gordon or Stewart. They always do good at Indy.

Azure Blurr 07-29-2007 08:21 AM

Heres what we will hear today, "Busch going under Stewart for the pass, OH Stewarts in the wall!" :eyebrows:

falcongtho3 07-29-2007 08:38 AM

I'd just like to hear "...and now here's Edwards doing his signature backflip!"

Of course hearing "Johnson slams into the wall after Gordon spins into himafter being tagged by Stewrat" wouldn't hurt my feelings...and no, that's not a mis-spell on the name...

ylopony 07-29-2007 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZURE GIRL (Post 830840)
Heres what we will hear today, "Busch going under Stewart for the pass, OH Stewarts in the wall!" :eyebrows:

That would be nice to hear. :)

However, I think he's going to be right there in the end with Gordon, Johnson,Kenseth, and Jeff Burtin. Those are my picks.

Azure Blurr 07-29-2007 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 830841)
I'd just like to hear "...and now here's Edwards doing his signature backflip!"

Of course hearing "Johnson slams into the wall after Gordon spins into himafter being tagged by Stewrat" wouldn't hurt my feelings...and no, that's not a mis-spell on the name...

I think I like yours better than mine! :D

falcongtho3 07-29-2007 10:24 AM

You have my eternal permission to use 'StewRAT' at any point you feel the need. Kinda fits, don't it?

Azure Blurr 07-29-2007 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 830858)
You have my eternal permission to use 'StewRAT' at any point you feel the need. Kinda fits, don't it?

Most fitting! :THUMBSUP:

G 07-29-2007 11:16 AM

Burton, Martin, or Rudd.

If those guys can't get it then Carl, Matt, or Scott Wimmer would be my next picks.

Then I'd go with a pair of Elliotts --- Bill and Sadler. :CHEERS:

NASCAR will see to it that Toyota gets a shot before the end of the season. http://www.nearlygood.com/smilies/drive1.gif

ylopony 07-29-2007 06:03 PM

A solid third place finish by one of the best in the business.(Sorry to say that you Gordon bashers) Montoya was a surprise. Unfortunately Tony StewRat(I like that) won another race.

However, at the post race interview while on the bricks Tony showed once again that he is a classless jerk with his profanity on live tv. I hope Nascar after several warnings gives this punk a serious hit to his wallet. What a disgrace to his sponsors and to Nascar. And to think that Joe Gibbs is worried about his teams image with a beer sponsor, give me a break.

Thunderbolt 07-29-2007 06:22 PM

I hear 6 year old kids saying worse than that outside my apartment. I'd say that was clean in comparison. :31:

Azure Blurr 07-29-2007 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 831021)
A solid third place finish by one of the best in the business.(Sorry to say that you Gordon bashers) Montoya was a surprise. Unfortunately Tony StewRat(I like that) won another race.

However, at the post race interview while on the bricks Tony showed once again that he is a classless jerk with his profanity on live tv. I hope Nascar after several warnings gives this punk a serious hit to his wallet. What a disgrace to his sponsors and to Nascar. And to think that Joe Gibbs is worried about his teams image with a beer sponsor, give me a break.

Thats a bunch of bullsh!t! :bs:

:tongue:

Tony is pretty classless!!! This is the main reason I do not care for him. Always a smugass!

G 07-29-2007 07:05 PM

I'm not a Stewart fan by ANY stretch but he was clearly the best today.

I was on another board in a discussion about the Evernham/Crocker AFFAIR :eyebrows: when I saw the comment below about Jeffy. I don't support the theory --- but it is funny and creative. :yeh:

How can you tell if Jeff Gordon got a contract extension with Hendrick Motorsports?

All the belt buckle prints on his forehead that say 'stropsrotoM kcirdneH'.

G 07-29-2007 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZURE GIRL (Post 831036)
Thats a bunch of bullsh!t! :bs:

Tony is pretty classless!!! This is the main reason I do not care for him. Always a smugass!

What does a Girl know about racing, even your :bs: is :bs:

j/k

I just think its funny that anyone would think a NASCAR driver would have any class. Do they spend so much time doing things that would allow them to know what class is. :wall:

I mean really, 20 years ago you didn't have to worry about a big shot car owner (like Ray) nailing one of his new rookie drivers (like Erin Crocker).

HeHe, she's only a few years younger (23). :10:

Azure Blurr 07-29-2007 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 831051)
I just think its funny that anyone would think a NASCAR driver would have any class. Do they spend so much time doing things that would allow them to know what class is. :wall:

I mean really, 20 years ago you didn't have to worry about a big shot car owner (like Ray) nailing one of his new rookie drivers (like Erin Crocker).

HeHe, she's only a few years younger (23).
:10:

^^^ REALLY? Shes kinda hot to, right?

Carl Edwards, Ryan Newman just to name a couple I think are class acts.

Blackpony04 07-29-2007 07:38 PM

I actually laughed when Tony swore on TV. It was not a heat of the moment thing (he had 20 minutes to cool down before they even talked to him) and he knew it was on cable (no FCC regulations) and he could get away with it which is why he said it. Say what you want about him but he does have a way with words.

As for class acts, Carl Edwards and Mark Martin lead the field (Kyle Petty said the "F" word so he dropped a peg lol)....

Blackpony04 07-29-2007 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZURE GIRL (Post 831054)
^^^ REALLY? Shes kinda hot too, right?

Not in my opinion. And this is an airbrushed image of her too....

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...in_crocker.jpg

falcongtho3 07-29-2007 09:49 PM

Quote:

I'd like to add Mark Martin to that list.

Still not a fan of SteWART/StewRAT and didn't see/hear his profanity on the tube, but since it's all about him anyway I guess nothing else matters.
As much as I am not a JJ fan, I was happy to see him out of the car in one piece. That wall 'enocunter' was not one I'd wish on anyone.

Thunderbolt 07-29-2007 09:59 PM

For the most part, I think Stewart is cool. I'll be part of the rat pack.

gvervoren 07-29-2007 10:35 PM

I know this has nothing to do with the race but did anyone notice on the commercial where Kasey Kahn gets pulled over for his headlight being out that his lights were on but when they showed the part where he was standing behind the car, his taillights were not on but when they showed the car again his headlights were still on.

gvervoren 07-29-2007 10:36 PM

I felt bad for Newman, I want him to make the chase.

Azure Blurr 07-29-2007 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 831138)
I'd like to add Mark Martin to that list.

Still not a fan of SteWART/StewRAT and didn't see/hear his profanity on the tube, but since it's all about him anyway I guess nothing else matters.
As much as I am not a JJ fan, I was happy to see him out of the car in one piece. That wall 'enocunter' was not one I'd wish on anyone.

If I'm not mistaken it sounded like "bulls***", but I was getting interference with the kids at that time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 831199)
I know this has nothing to do with the race but did anyone notice on the commercial where Kasey Kahn gets pulled over for his headlight being out that his lights were on but when they showed the part where he was standing behind the car, his taillights were not on but when they showed the car again his headlights were still on.

I've seen that before and thought the same thing!

G 07-29-2007 11:17 PM

Quote:

^^^ REALLY? Shes kinda hot to, right?

I was just kidding about the class thing, I would stack NASCAR racers against any other sports group. I'll take them everytime over Congress.

She's OK, I wouldn't give her a second look at the local bar. Well, how long have I been there???????? :eyebrows:

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...v/400-Erin.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...70086_36_3.jpg

02mach1 07-30-2007 01:29 AM

Will Tony won today.:o