2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

Azure Blurr 06-16-2007 07:50 AM

Re: NASCAR thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackpony04 (Post 810344)
...at which time I will no longer be an official Roushketeer!! Word is Kyle has a far worse disposition than Kurt and with the big blow out between Jack and Kurt I just can't see this happening. Roush would be far better off trying to get Ryan Newman from Penske in 08 in my opinion

:agree: Kyle and Kurt should both be on a team with Tony Stewart. That owner would never have any points! Probably get some sponsership from WFC and WWE. :D
Ryan would make a nice addition to the Roush clan.

02mach1 06-16-2007 11:27 AM

I find out later today when I go to KY Speedway see the brush race about Brush and Roush deal.

gvervoren 06-16-2007 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZURE GIRL (Post 810391)
Ryan would make a nice addition to the Roush clan.

I agree.

Blackpony04 06-17-2007 05:14 PM

Woo Hoo! Carl Edwards won in Michigan!!! About time a Ford shut down the Chevys. Decent race and to see Carl do his backflip again and to finally have his hauler driver shave his beard was pretty cool!! :HOPPY:

gvervoren 06-17-2007 08:45 PM

Yeah, I bet his driver was REAL happy!! Like you said, It's nice to finally see another Ford in victory lane.

Blackpony04 06-17-2007 11:38 PM

Well this makes me feel a whole lot better. Consider this rumor killed I'd say: :HOPPY:

Roush not interested in Busch: His ride gone for next season and then his agent, #5-Kyle Busch faces more changes. He'll search for a new ride and could be barred from some Hendrick Motorsports team meetings [as Brian Vickers was in 2006] even as he tries to make the title chase. Although Dale Earnhardt Jr. replaces him next year, Busch wouldn't mope about his situation Friday at Michigan International Speedway. "I'm interested in talking to ... whoever's got an open seat," Busch said before qualifying third for Sunday's race. "Let's sit down. Let's have dinner." Many owners are expected to answer, but not Jack Roush, for whom Busch drove before moving to Hendrick in 2003. "I am not interested in Kyle Busch," Roush said. "I've been there and I've done that."(Roanoke Times)(6-16-2007)

03mach69mach 06-18-2007 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackpony04 (Post 811029)
Well this makes me feel a whole lot better. Consider this rumor killed I'd say: :HOPPY:

Roush not interested in Busch: His ride gone for next season and then his agent, #5-Kyle Busch faces more changes. He'll search for a new ride and could be barred from some Hendrick Motorsports team meetings [as Brian Vickers was in 2006] even as he tries to make the title chase. Although Dale Earnhardt Jr. replaces him next year, Busch wouldn't mope about his situation Friday at Michigan International Speedway. "I'm interested in talking to ... whoever's got an open seat," Busch said before qualifying third for Sunday's race. "Let's sit down. Let's have dinner." Many owners are expected to answer, but not Jack Roush, for whom Busch drove before moving to Hendrick in 2003. "I am not interested in Kyle Busch," Roush said. "I've been there and I've done that."(Roanoke Times)(6-16-2007)

Best Fathers day gift you could get!

gvervoren 06-18-2007 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03mach69mach (Post 811075)
Best Fathers day gift you could get!

I agree!

G 06-18-2007 10:27 PM

You don't see anybody offering to not shave until Mikey Waltrip wins again. :23:

G 06-18-2007 10:45 PM

Michael Waltrip 51st in points after moving up 5 at Mich.

191 points only 2201 behind the leader

The guy behind Mikey is Mike Wallace who has only 1 start this year.

Great start for Toyota, :smokin:

He did get a 10th at Michigan. :23:

ylopony 06-19-2007 08:23 AM

I hate to say this, but Toyota is going to get this thing right sooner than any of us want. Seeing Mickey finish 10th was very depressing.

And even being a Hendricks fan it was nice to see Edwards win. I like the Roush team.(however, not as much since Fenway joined. I hate the Redsox). To bad for Kenseth though, he's my favorite in the Roush team.

gvervoren 06-20-2007 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 811451)
I hate to say this, but Toyota is going to get this thing right sooner than any of us want. Seeing Mickey finish 10th was very depressing.

And even being a Hendricks fan it was nice to see Edwards win. I like the Roush team.(however, not as much since Fenway joined. I hate the Redsox). To bad for Kenseth though, he's my favorite in the Roush team.

I think Vickers will get the first win for Toyota. Maybe not this year but maybe next year. He runs good almost all the time but gets caught up in someone elses mess.

gvervoren 06-20-2007 10:11 PM

Jeff Gordon is now a father to a little girl. Ella Sofia Gordon.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?...v=ap&type=lgns

ylopony 06-21-2007 01:51 PM

congrats to Jeff Gordon.

I'm also glad that as a fan of the #24 he's not going to miss the race in Sonoma. Gordon is a very good road course driver. For that matter he's very good on any track.

However, I have to admit it would have been awesome to see someone as great as Mark Martin is both as a driver and as a person drive the Dupont Chevy.

Here's hoping that Stewart,Busch, Busch, and the Toyota field all take each outer out quickly. Can't stand a single one of them. LOL

weaver 06-22-2007 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 812332)
congrats to Jeff Gordon.

I'm also glad that as a fan of the #24 he's not going to miss the race in Sonoma. Gordon is a very good road course driver. For that matter he's very good on any track.

Did you see Gordon get into Montoya's F1 car a few years ago? He was only 1.3 seconds shy of Montoya's shake down run earlier in the day. Gordon is one hell of a driver!

falcongtho3 06-22-2007 07:33 PM

Let's see...how so I put this? Hmmm???

Howzabout....Bwaahhhhhahahahahahahahahahahah????

Gordon and JJ busted?!? Can't practice? Can't qualify? More possible penalties to come next Tuesday! Gotta love it.

Bad Jimmie...Bad Jeffey...illegal body panels...Bwahahahahaha

:borg:

Azure Blurr 06-22-2007 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 812925)

Gordon and JJ busted?!? Can't practice? Can't qualify? More possible penalties to come next Tuesday! Gotta love it.

You seem a bit to happy about their mishap..................

ME TOO!! :23:

falcongtho3 06-22-2007 07:55 PM

I wouldn't say I'm taking pleasure at their 'mishap'...

....but I really am enjoying their royal 'screw up'. Cheaters!!!
http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/head...ion/index.html

ylopony 06-22-2007 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 812930)
I wouldn't say I'm taking pleasure at their 'mishap'...

....but I really am enjoying their royal 'screw up'. Cheaters!!!
http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/head...ion/index.html

I don't think for a second that either driver is part of what happen. Crews work on the car and the drivers drive the thing. I don't think they(crew) were trying to cheat anymore than Dale Jr's team was trying to cheat a few weeks ago. Some of this stuff is so fine that it needs to be measured with a micrometer. Now jet fuel in the intake is another matter.

With the COT the rules are so vague right now that teams unfortunately learn how Nascar is going to define them at that particular moment. With that said, if they nailed jr and penalized him they should do the same to both the #24 and the #48 car.

But either way, Gordon is a great driver and Johnson is an excellent driver and both will overcome this with their TALENT behind the wheel.

G 06-23-2007 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 812981)
I don't think for a second that either driver is part of what happen. Crews work on the car and the drivers drive the thing. I don't think they(crew) were trying to cheat anymore than Dale Jr's team was trying to cheat a few weeks ago. Some of this stuff is so fine that it needs to be measured with a micrometer. Now jet fuel in the intake is another matter.

With the COT the rules are so vague right now that teams unfortunately learn how Nascar is going to define them at that particular moment. With that said, if they nailed jr and penalized him they should do the same to both the #24 and the #48 car.

But either way, Gordon is a great driver and Johnson is an excellent driver and both will overcome this with their TALENT behind the wheel.

New rule starting this weekend, NASCAR read the crushed rice thread and will crush the 24 and 48. A second offense gets the hauler crushed. :23:

Blackpony04 06-23-2007 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 813000)
New rule starting this weekend, NASCAR read the crushed rice thread and will crush the 24 and 48. A second offense gets the hauler crushed. :23:

...and they'll crush just the driver of the #5 for good measure! :11:

G 06-23-2007 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackpony04 (Post 813011)
...and they'll crush just the driver of the #5 for good measure! :11:

So this cloud did have a silver lining. :yes:

Blackpony04 06-23-2007 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 813014)
So this cloud did have a silver lining. :yes:

LMAO! I don't quite understand why I hate that kid so much but there's something about him that just totally pisses me off!! :OUCH:

02mach1 06-23-2007 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 812925)

now we know how they won those races do we:LAUGH: :Flame:

Azure Blurr 06-23-2007 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 812981)

:agree: But how did I know you were going to come to their defense? :D