2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

03mach69mach 02-19-2007 07:30 AM

Re: BOOOOO Kevin Harvick

Maybe it's just me, but after having been a Mark Martin fan since the death of Davy Allison (to all you youngsters, that was in 1993) I can't/won't root for him ever again. Him leaving Roush crushed me. Mark leaving for Chevrolet is kind of like being married for 14 years, loyal and finding out that your wife is leaving you for the Corvette guy next door, then, after she leaves, she wins the lottery. I can't be happy for her or him.

But then again, what do I expect, it's Nascar. Bring on the Car of Tommorow with that ricer rear wing! That Toyota Camry is smokin fast? Roush/Fenway racing? Dale Earnhardt Jr might leave Dale Earnhardt Industries? What has Nascar become?

End of my rant.:soapbox:

klondike93 02-19-2007 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03mach69mach (Post 748195)
Maybe it's just me, but after having been a Mark Martin fan since the death of Davy Allison (to all you youngsters, that was in 1993) I can't/won't root for him ever again. Him leaving Roush crushed me. Mark leaving for Chevrolet is kind of like being married for 14 years, loyal and finding out that your wife is leaving you for the Corvette guy next door, then, after she leaves, she wins the lottery. I can't be happy for her or him.

But then again, what do I expect, it's Nascar. Bring on the Car of Tommorow with that ricer rear wing! That Toyota Camry is smokin fast? Roush/Fenway racing? Dale Earnhardt Jr might leave Dale Earnhardt Industries? What has Nascar become?

I was beginning to think I was the only one NOT pulling for Martin and for those reasons you just said. The guy drives for Roush all those years, and in a fit a madness he decides to go drive a Cheby this year and I'm going to root for him? NOT!

G 02-19-2007 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03mach69mach (Post 748195)

Quote:

Originally Posted by klondike93 (Post 748211)
I was beginning to think I was the only one NOT pulling for Martin and for those reasons you just said. The guy drives for Roush all those years, and in a fit a madness he decides to go drive a Cheby this year and I'm going to root for him? NOT!

You guys are not alone. I had brand and driver favs from the early 1960's until Neil Bonnett died in 1994 at Daytona. My enjoyment of a race was often connected to how my driver or brand did at the track. I totally changed how I looked at racing and now leave the track or more often the sofa feeling good after most races.

I try to look at the stories behind ALL of the drivers and teams. The main thing I look for is class and maturity. The nice thing about this is you end up with a whole field of favs and you can see the good in almost any ending.

Example the Daytona finish:

Because of NASCAR's decision (right or wrong) Harvick won and showed he is the hardest charger since Tim Richmond.

Martin had a great finish and showed what he's known for clean driving and "class".

Jeff Burton was my pick to win (3rd) and he has done amazing things at RCR (notice the Harvick maturity)

One Gordon never quites the other Gordon should quite!

Jimmy Johnson is driving well over his head and so is Dale Jr.

When I see Biffle run good from now on I'll know Benny Parsons has a big smile in heaven.

JUST ANOTHER WAY TO LOOK AT IT. :THUMBSUP: :CHEERS:

Blackpony04 02-19-2007 12:13 PM

Quote:

I have a feeling the Roush-Fenway partnership has more to do with Mark leaving than anything else. Some say it was to circumvent the car owner rules (so they can each run 2 cars and keep the 4 they have now) and there simply wasn't any room for a 5th team anyway because of the car owner limitation. I also think that Jack is heading toward retirement in the next few years and was setting up his successor since he's already dumped Team Caliber (which sucks because I loved the Owners Series diecasts) and he ain't getting any younger...:OUCH:

I'll still root for Mark because he was the class of the field no matter what he drives! BTW, Dale Earnhardt, Richard Petty, and Terry Labonte were all Ford drivers at one time and no one can say they weren't fantastic drivers regardless of what they drove....

24kmach 02-19-2007 12:29 PM

I'm getting to be more of a fence sitter with Nascar as far as the car brands go. They are all the same only the names have been changed to protect the innocent. [Dragnet]. It's really the driver/pit crews now,not the car. So with that said I'm bummed about Martin losing.:eyes:
Also check this out. http://www.markmartinfordmercury.com/

G 02-19-2007 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24kmach (Post 748293)
I'm getting to be more of a fence sitter with Nascar as far as the car brands go. They are all the same only the names have been changed to protect the innocent. [Dragnet]. It's really the driver/pit crews now,not the car. So with that said I'm bummed about Martin losing.:eyes:
Also check this out. http://www.markmartinfordmercury.com/

Nice site, I hope everyone clicks on the museum to check it out. :CHEERS:

zap 02-19-2007 01:08 PM

Martin had a great finish and showed what he's known for clean driving and "class".

:agree: :agree: :agree:

TexasStang 02-19-2007 07:45 PM

I root for Jr. until he wrecks or gets wrecked...then I root for the veterans....would have been nice to see Mark in the winners circle.

3150Mach1 02-19-2007 08:15 PM

After listening to some of the comments by other drivers I feel NASCAR should have thrown the caution. Based on my judgement the time they should have pushed the button MM was in the lead.

G 02-19-2007 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03Mach150BP (Post 748513)
After listening to some of the comments by other drivers I feel NASCAR should have thrown the caution. Based on my judgement the time they should have pushed the button MM was in the lead.

:agree: almost! They should have thrown the caution NO MATTER who was leading, let the cards fall where they will. I'm not convinced that some of the wreck could not have been prevented. :wall:

Azure Blurr 02-19-2007 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder (Post 748533)
:agree: I think they should have thrown the yellow!

WHAT ABOUT ALL THE OTHER CARS BEHIND MARTIN AND HARVICK , NASCAR?:smack: :smack:

:stupid: Yellow should have flown. Consistency is not shown this way. Lets fine all the cheaters, then try to kill someone 250' from the finish! NASCAR should be fined for stupidity! Have they released a "reason" for not throwing the Yellow?

gvervoren 02-19-2007 09:11 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

I'm not a big Martin fan but I do wish he would have won instead of Harvick. Martin deserves it.

Azure Blurr 02-19-2007 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasStang (Post 748492)
I root for Jr. until he wrecks or gets wrecked...then I root for the veterans....would have been nice to see Mark in the winners circle.

You get to root for the veterans ALOT! Its funny that if he does pretty good and leads a bizillion laps he falls out or wrecks more often than not!

Azure Blurr 02-19-2007 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 748546)
I'm not a big Martin fan but I do wish he would have won instead of Harvick. Martin deserves it.

It seems alot of the time the deserving driver does not win. It was a great finish without NASCARs failure to be consistant!

3150Mach1 02-19-2007 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoffav (Post 748530)
:agree: almost! They should have thrown the caution NO MATTER who was leading, let the cards fall where they will. I'm not convinced that some of the wreck could not have been prevented. :wall:

I agree. Throwing the caution would not have prevented some of the wrecking but would have prevented some of the racing back to the line. Example: Did you see David G. in the replay. That was crazy.

03mach69mach 02-19-2007 09:42 PM

Welcome to Nascar and the changing rule book. Rules, we don't need no stinkin rules, we are the France Family, wheres the money!

3150Mach1 02-19-2007 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03mach69mach (Post 748573)
Welcome to Nascar and the changing rule book. Rules, we don't need no stinkin rules, we are the France Family, wheres the money!

I think Nascar should be fined and suspeneded for their mistake.

02mach1 02-19-2007 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoffav (Post 748141)
HaHa, the first caller from CA must have heard you Frank. :D

He really let NASCAR and Brian France have it. I loved it. :devil:

How did gust:23:

RAT 02-19-2007 11:17 PM

Quote:

From what info I have heard, Mark was going to retire in 2005. Jack talked him into returning for the 2006 season and he was at least going to leave Full-time NASCAR racing at the end of 06 to run Busch cars and or Craftsman trucks. I heard this all through the 06 season. As for the Chevy team he is on now, It sounds like he was asked $$ to help groom the young drivers and will only see limited action in the 01 car for 07. I believe his status now is 'semi-retired+driving coach'. Mark will still drive for Roush in the other series, but not in a CUP car. Doesn't sound like he threw a fit about anything. It was a planned move to leave full-time NASCAR racing.

02mach1 02-19-2007 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAT (Post 748661)
From what info I have heard, Mark was going to retire in 2005. Jack talked him into returning for the 2006 season and he was at least going to leave Full-time NASCAR racing at the end of 06 to run Busch cars and or Craftsman trucks. I heard this all through the 06 season. As for the Chevy team he is on now, It sounds like he was asked $$ to help groom the young drivers and will only see limited action in the 01 car for 07. I believe his status now is 'semi-retired+driving coach'. Mark will still drive for Roush in the other series, but not in a CUP car. Doesn't sound like he threw a fit about anything. It was a planned move to leave full-time NASCAR racing.

Mark is still racing Roush until end 07 season in Bush, then in 09 his son Matt will race for Jack Roush.

03mach69mach 02-20-2007 07:25 AM

Roush/Fenway?

02mach1 02-20-2007 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03mach69mach (Post 748772)
Roush/Fenway?

Yeap now it is,:smokin: I'am Red's Soxs fan now to.:wings:

gvervoren 02-20-2007 06:19 PM

I'm not a fan of either one so It didn't matter to me. Just out of curiosity, why wasn't this in the NASCAR thread?

http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/...ghlight=nascar

04azuremach 02-20-2007 09:01 PM

That was an awesome race. It was my first time at a Nascar event and I don't think anyone can truly appreciate how fast those cars are flying down the track unless they've seen it for themselves. The last wreck happened RIGHT in front of me. Got to see Kenseth go sideways at 150 mph+ right in front of me! Also got a few pictures of Jr. climbing out of his car after doing a donut for the crowd after one of the mid race wrecks.