2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   53 going on 16 (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=136968)

jbrad88 01-24-2020 07:59 PM

53 going on 16

I am reminded daily when I see the car in the garage that this car hobby and these cars still make me feel like a kid. I was 35 when I bought the car.
Still had my beloved fox in the garage at the time. Never dreamed I would have something as nice as the Mach or even far enough ahead to believe the 2019 would be in the garage next to the Mach.

I remember the first time I saw the Mach up at Tulsa when Scott and crew brought the blue one and the TR one. He was tearing the bumper off the blue one at Hallett while I was starring like a little kid on Christmas Eve at the Red one on the hotel lobby floor.

After almost 17 years of ownership I Still feel like a stupid kid when I fire the Mach up, put it in gear, and go make some noise.

I do love these cars.

ab_mach1 01-25-2020 12:35 PM

That’s awesome! I agree, I feel like a teenager again every time I’m driving my Mach lol.

First time I saw one was probably the middle of 03 at a stop light. I was behind a newedge and I saw “Mach 1” and at the time didn’t know Ford had brought them back. It was a dark shadow grey one. I stopped by our local Ford, but they didn’t have any. I knew about the Cobra’s, but I was in love when I saw that DSG on the road. I checked pricing and really just didn’t feel comfortable buying anything new at the time. My wife was going to be delivering my son in the summer.

I ended up buying an 88 GT. After it was gone, around 08-09, I saw a super clean Bullitt for sale locally that I totally should have bought haha. I’m just glad my local Ford told me about my current Mach sitting inside the showroom in 2012 when I was out looking for a full size SUV, because I hadn’t thought about getting one until I saw it again.

Jester 03-31-2020 10:17 PM

Re: 53 going on 16

Pretty nice post, JB. Can’t let this one stop at just two posts.
I agree 100%. These cars take us back nearly 20 years from us upon making eye contact. And while my story about my DSG isn’t as sexy as yours (lol), but I sure wish it had been.

Let’s get the cars to the track again.
Maybe my tranny issue is minimal and will let me make a few passes.

BONESTOCK 04-01-2020 09:30 AM

Great thread! Yeah I feel the same! Such joy!

03BumbleBee 04-01-2020 05:22 PM

Feel the same way, was 47 when we bought her Sept. 03. Now I am 63 and unless I look in the mirror, I can be any age I want in that car!:agree:

Recon 04-01-2020 05:32 PM

53 going on 16

Makes me want to get mine done even more. My intentions are after another purchase the Mach will be back to my top priority. I have a similar opinion about my Roush, love that car to death.

Pick your poison.

machdude 04-02-2020 09:23 AM

My Mach is my escape too, I remember the first time I drove one it was instant love. A few years later I sold it but I kept thinking about it and missing how much fun it was. The hunt for one began again, this time an azure blue and it’s a keeper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk