2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Ask A Police Officer (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=45012)

gvervoren 01-18-2008 12:03 PM

Re: Ask A Police Officer

I saw a squad car today and top of the car was a big black bubble type thing right behind the red and blues on the roof. What was that? A camera or something. It was prolly a little bigger then a basketball but more cylinder shaped. Meaning more oval shaped then round. I've seen these on a couple of cars lately.

Newskool Mach 01-18-2008 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 936817)
I saw a squad car today and top of the car was a big black bubble type thing right behind the red and blues on the roof. What was that? A camera or something. It was prolly a little bigger then a basketball but more cylinder shaped. Meaning more oval shaped then round. I've seen these on a couple of cars lately.

Thats a FLIR. Forward looking infared radar. Same as on the choppers. One of the departments down here has one. Doesn't work very well. It is supposed to see heat signatures, like a person hiding in a wooded area. It would see his hotter body heat against the cooler woods. Rumor has it you can see breast implants on chicks pretty well though.:smokin:

RPM007 01-18-2008 06:44 PM

LOL so i just got pulled over for pulling a illegal left and actual just left me be. and told me if i wanted a ticked today? I said of course not and he just drove off, first time i've gotton a warning, werid thank god its friday!

Big Ron 01-18-2008 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPM007 (Post 936978)
LOL so i just got pulled over for pulling a illegal left and actual just left me be. and told me if i wanted a ticked today? I said of course not and he just drove off, first time i've gotton a warning, werid thank god its friday!

glad you had your seatbelt on! :23:

Big Ron :smokin:

jledesma 01-18-2008 09:21 PM

To answer 04texasmach
I pulled over a speeding vehicle at night once, 90 in a 55 zone. It was 7:00 PM dark already, just a few cars on this long straight section of freeway, but she flew right past me like I was not there and weaves in and out of traffic. I eventually stop her and I get to the window and and I see the driver is in a full clown get-up and already begging for me to give her a break. I was going to cite her and told her that and she starts crying on me. She rambles about things I could not make out something about I am responsible for ruining her marriage and so on. This goes on for a minute or so. She goes on about she and her husband have not had sex in a while because he has erectile issues and are both stressed over it. She just got a call from him that he is at "full attention" and for her to come home. Now I'm thinking what a nutcase. As she's crying and begging, I almost start to laugh because her clown makeup is running from her tears and all I could picture was her walking into her house looking like she is and her poor husband who is all excited & revving to go, getting turned off when he sees his wifes face.

acreature 01-18-2008 10:54 PM

Det. Jarrod Shivers of Cheaspeake PD

RIP, Brother. :wings:

Another trip home for a Funeral. :grr:

Lord Umoja 01-18-2008 11:18 PM

Here is one for you guys.

You see a car driving down the highway going with the faster traffic(it sint the only one going this speed). The majority (3/4) of the traffic is going 65 in the 55, the faster traffic might be doing 70 at most. The car is driving normally moving into the slow lane when safe, not crusing in the left lane, and letting even faster traffic pass. Nothing illegal besides the speed.

Would you pull over one of the speeders? If so here is the big question, which would you be more likely to pull over, a bright yellow Mach 1 with obvious work done to it (diffrent stripe, cobra front, ect) or a somewhat dirty grey Focus, with an aftermarket exhaust and decal in the window? What if the Mach had a Vanity plate, or the Focus had one?

Newskool Mach 01-19-2008 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aneurism (Post 937128)
Det. Jarrod Shivers of Cheaspeake PD

RIP, Brother. :wings:

Another trip home for a Funeral. :grr:

Hey An tell his family the brothers in blue from Florida are praying for him and his family........Godspeed Jarrod.:worship: :worship: :wings:

68Coupe 01-19-2008 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Umoja (Post 937136)
Here is one for you guys.

You see a car driving down the highway going with the faster traffic(it sint the only one going this speed). The majority (3/4) of the traffic is going 65 in the 55, the faster traffic might be doing 70 at most. The car is driving normally moving into the slow lane when safe, not crusing in the left lane, and letting even faster traffic pass. Nothing illegal besides the speed.

Would you pull over one of the speeders? If so here is the big question, which would you be more likely to pull over, a bright yellow Mach 1 with obvious work done to it (diffrent stripe, cobra front, ect) or a somewhat dirty grey Focus, with an aftermarket exhaust and decal in the window? What if the Mach had a Vanity plate, or the Focus had one?

I would pull over the Mach, just to check out the mods and find out who did the work.:gears:

SAMACH1 02-04-2008 01:23 AM

Hey my sisters a police officer but she wasnt able to help me on this one, i was pulled over about a month ago for running a stop sign, but i know for sure that i stopped because i saw the police office pulled over to the side by the stop sign first and i made sure i didnt do anything wrong, is there anyway i will be able to fight this? or is it going to be my word vs. the University Cops word?

acreature 02-04-2008 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAMACH1 (Post 945962)
Hey my sisters a police officer but she wasnt able to help me on this one, i was pulled over about a month ago for running a stop sign, but i know for sure that i stopped because i saw the police office pulled over to the side by the stop sign first and i made sure i didnt do anything wrong, is there anyway i will be able to fight this? or is it going to be my word vs. the University Cops word?

Nothing you can do other than go to court and have a trial.

CompOrange 02-14-2008 03:45 PM

Alright, here's another question for all of the Registry's LEO's. How many of you are running Off road pipes on your vehicles and do you catch any heat for it? The reason I'm asking is because I'm looking to become an officer once I get out of college in a year and I'm trying to make sure I've got all of my bases covered...

Newskool Mach 02-14-2008 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CompOrange (Post 951040)
Alright, here's another question for all of the Registry's LEO's. How many of you are running Off road pipes on your vehicles and do you catch any heat for it? The reason I'm asking is because I'm looking to become an officer once I get out of college in a year and I'm trying to make sure I've got all of my bases covered...

I am not running OR's, but I would say don't go around bragging about it. I don't think anyone that is not a car guy will know. Don't be revving it up in the lot and leave slow and nobody will even question you.

Mustanger2 02-16-2008 12:34 AM

Serious question here..my 84 year old mother can't pass the drivers license test anymore & she is dangerous! Needs to be off the road for sure! How do I go about this? If I just take her car I can be charged with theft I think?

Since she has no license the DMV can't revoke anything...the police have to actually catch her driving to impound her car? She drives infrequently & that will be hard to do...What can I do legally?

Pony_Tail 02-16-2008 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustanger2 (Post 951677)
Serious question here..my 84 year old mother can't pass the drivers license test anymore & she is dangerous! Needs to be off the road for sure! How do I go about this? If I just take her car I can be charged with theft I think?

Since she has no license the DMV can't revoke anything...the police have to actually catch her driving to impound her car? She drives infrequently & that will be hard to do...What can I do legally?

I am not a police officer, but could you not get under the hood of the car and disable some wires so the car won't start??

Emily

acreature 02-16-2008 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustanger2 (Post 951677)

Call the Police when she drives. Seriously, thats about it IMO.

You could disable the car. That itself can be considered criminal, but you'd be hard pressed to have an LEO follow through w/ charges when the explanation is heard. Still a chance.

Mustanger2 02-16-2008 09:58 AM

I disabled it once already so she had it towed & repaired! Tricky old bird...I truly fear for the publics safety...

04Torchred 03-02-2008 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jledesma (Post 937070)
To answer 04texasmach
I pulled over a speeding vehicle at night once, 90 in a 55 zone. It was 7:00 PM dark already, just a few cars on this long straight section of freeway, but she flew right past me like I was not there and weaves in and out of traffic. I eventually stop her and I get to the window and and I see the driver is in a full clown get-up and already begging for me to give her a break. I was going to cite her and told her that and she starts crying on me. She rambles about things I could not make out something about I am responsible for ruining her marriage and so on. This goes on for a minute or so. She goes on about she and her husband have not had sex in a while because he has erectile issues and are both stressed over it. She just got a call from him that he is at "full attention" and for her to come home. Now I'm thinking what a nutcase. As she's crying and begging, I almost start to laugh because her clown makeup is running from her tears and all I could picture was her walking into her house looking like she is and her poor husband who is all excited & revving to go, getting turned off when he sees his wifes face.

:23: Did you site her? How could you not laugh? It would have been hard for me not to, but you did good holding your composure. I bet that was one of your weirdest stops.

kozzman555 03-25-2008 11:18 AM

worst case scenario here, but if a police officer was trying to beat you down for no reason, would be able to defend yourself? or would you just have to take it and like it and then try and press charges later?

01TruBluGT 03-25-2008 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kozzman555 (Post 970761)
worst case scenario here, but if a police officer was trying to beat you down for no reason, would be able to defend yourself? or would you just have to take it and like it and then try and press charges later?

I am going to go ahead and say you better just take it for two reasons:

Around here any traffic stops at night or in bad areas usually turn into multiple units. The original officer hits the lights and makes the initial stop and before it is said and done there is atleast one other officer who sees the stop and pulls over too. So lets say your whipping starts, another officer sees the lights and pulls up, clueless to the fact that you are getting beat and trying to defend yourself....it could get really ugly.

Second for the same reason you will hardly ever beat a traffic ticket if it comes down to your word over the officers. Unless the cruiser is equiped with a dash cam that is on and catches him starting it, all he would have to do is say you attacked him and you are going to jail for assault on a LEO.

There was an incident here where an armed citizen killed a guy because he was on top of an officer beating him, the citizen told the guy to stop multiple times fired 3 or 4 shots into the guy and he was still going. Armed citizen finally put a 45 in the bad guys T zone and ended it.

Wayyyy too many bad things can come from fighting with a uniformed officer, even if you are right and he is wrong.

kozzman555 03-25-2008 11:43 AM

i hope this never happens, but i ask because there are a couple of cops around here that are total jerks and i am a well known smartass that can really push certain people's buttons....without even meaning to. 98% of them are really good guys and are doing a great job but if i ever run into the couple of them, i guess i know what to do now. and thats take it like a champ

01TruBluGT 03-25-2008 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kozzman555 (Post 970773)
i hope this never happens, but i ask because there are a couple of cops around here that are total jerks and i am a well known smartass that can really push certain people's buttons....without even meaning to. 98% of them are really good guys and are doing a great job but if i ever run into the couple of them, i guess i know what to do now. and thats take it like a champ

On the other hand you could simply say yes sir and no sir until the situation is over and call it a day.

kozzman555 03-25-2008 12:21 PM

9 times out of 10 i give the police officer all the respect i would give to my mother. but i also dont respond well to douchebaggery. but like i said, i probably wont have to worry about it. most of the cops ive had encounters with were nothing less than entirely professional and courteous

mach1ryan 03-26-2008 11:33 PM

Ok, ive been pulled over a few times and have been pretty fortunate almost every time. So everytime in the last 3-4 years when ive been pulled over i have kinda flashed my military id and have gotten off. I do feel somewhat bad using this as a free pass, but have i just been lucky or are cops somewhat more leniant(dont know how to spell that) on military? I know lots of them were ex-military, any thoughts?

kozzman555 03-26-2008 11:51 PM

almost spelled right, it's "lenient"

but anyway, ive got several friends in the army/marines/air force and they all have reported the same thing. i think cops see our armed forces members as kindred spirits.