2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Accessories - Non Performance type add-ons (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   hood strut question (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137109)

ASH302 10-09-2020 03:14 PM

hood strut question

2 Attachment(s)
So got the MRT hood struts installed and if I remember correctly from when I had the redlines on my SY mach, they make the hood slightly go up. Just wanting to make sure i'm not the only one, but honestly it is a pretty straight forward install. Here are some pictures with the hood closed.

ASh

jbrad88 10-09-2020 05:53 PM

Re: hood strut question

Mine did not do that. Sits the same as before. Now on the 2019...not the case. there is quite a difference, so I took them off.

ASH302 10-09-2020 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrad88 (Post 1637111)
Mine did not do that. Sits the same as before. Now on the 2019...not the case. there is quite a difference, so I took them off.

hmmm. well i may check around, it doesn't go up far from what it did, but honestly, I don't know what I could change or anything to get it to go down more.
May check around and see some of the buyers feedback and what others have said.

ASh

311-420 10-09-2020 10:15 PM

My MRTs didn't do that either. I had to buy a new fender bolt for each side because the driver's side wasn't long enough after installing the strut, but that was it. Not a big deal. Found a package of those at a hardware store in black.

If you take some close ups I will compare your install to mine, or vice versa.

ASH302 10-09-2020 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 311-420 (Post 1637113)
My MRTs didn't do that either. I had to buy a new fender bolt for each side because the driver's side wasn't long enough after installing the strut, but that was it. Not a big deal. Found a package of those at a hardware store in black.

If you take some close ups I will compare your install to mine, or vice versa.

Well after messing with it a little more, it is the pass side that is giving the problems. The car hasn't ever been in a wreck so that cannot be it. i'll see what I can do.
When I let down the hood slightly to where the locking part pops in that is where it is starting to hit, the driver side is flush, while the pass side has a gap and isn't flush.

I'll get some close up tomorrow for yall and see what we come up with.
This was one that I thought I wasn't going to have any problems with, lol. never say never.

ASh

ASH302 10-10-2020 09:03 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Okay I think I figured it out, I didn't think it was MRT's fault, but also didn't think it was the Mach's fault since it hasn't been in a wreck. I went back and forth with it.
What seems to be the problem, is the top hood hinge is coming down and hitting the strut connector at the bottom. You can see where i'm pointing at in the one picture some of the paint is rubbing off.
Honestly I don't know which one is to blame, lol
Solution to the problem is grind down the hood hinge, basically notch it out so it will not hit the strut connector. I tried readjusting the MRT stuff and nothing is working to get it to clear.

ASh

ASH302 10-10-2020 10:14 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Alright, so I notched out the hinge, it may not look pretty, but I'll do touch ups on it later. I just wanted to notch it out and see if that was the problem.
It is now sitting like the other side and almost flush, so I am happy with that. I'm sure i'm not the first to have this happen, but glad it wasn't anything crazy.

ASh