2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   I am truly disappointed (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137076)

ASH302 09-03-2020 11:26 PM

I am truly disappointed

I have been back on here and truly just sadden by the lack of interaction taking place around here. Just sad to me from what I remember. d@mn Facebook, ruining everything.
Oh well, time marches on and just thought I get on the soap box for a second.

ASh

DSG2003Mach1 09-04-2020 08:48 AM

Re: I am truly disappointed

FB is surely killing off a lot of forums but at the same time - there really isn't anything new going on with this platform, it's basically all been done. I was hopeful maybe they'd add stuff for the next gen Mach and try to generate some traffic but that just doesn't seem to be in the plans.

ASH302 09-04-2020 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSG2003Mach1 (Post 1636765)
FB is surely killing off a lot of forums but at the same time - there really isn't anything new going on with this platform, it's basically all been done. I was hopeful maybe they'd add stuff for the next gen Mach and try to generate some traffic but that just doesn't seem to be in the plans.

I understand that besides facebook, mostly everything under the sun has been talked about for these Mach's, but there are still other things that could be going on around here. I don't know, this forum helped me in 2009-2010 deployment in Iraq. While internet connection was really slow, it helped being on here and talking with people about different things.

ASh

TRbetngu 09-04-2020 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSG2003Mach1 (Post 1636765)

I think this is the biggest issue. Anything that could be asked or talked about can be found with a simple search.

I am a part of the "younger" crowd, but I hate Facebook groups. Seems like its a constant pissing contest.

ASH302 09-04-2020 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRbetngu (Post 1636768)
I think this is the biggest issue. Anything that could be asked or talked about can be found with a simple search.

I am a apart of the "younger" crowd, but I hate Facebook groups. Seems like its a constant pissing contest.

That is one thing I loved about being on here, it seem like a family where everyone was trying to help everyone.

ASh

ab_mach1 09-04-2020 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRbetngu (Post 1636768)

I am a apart of the "younger" crowd, but I hate Facebook groups. Seems like its a constant pissing contest.

I hate them too. Same reasons and the hateful remarks etc.

hotford 09-04-2020 03:34 PM

I think you will see an insurgence once they get to a certain age and they become more sought after,
no different than the Foxe body cars....

plus with new edges being coyote swaped…

Maybe there should be a thread dedicated to just this...…

just a thought......

falcongtho3 09-04-2020 08:12 PM

I'm not a FB person, and I'm still here at least twice a day checking on things. There hasn't been much to 'moderate', which is good. But for the most part we kept the troll element to a minimum here, and it's still a land of good people. There's still a lot of good information for those who look for it in the search engine. And I suspect that the new car will bring new members, with the same old frustrations and questions as the old car did.

:borg:

311-420 09-04-2020 08:54 PM

I've never even seen the mach fb page. But it's funny, when new M1 owners want to know something, the smarter ones still know where to come find the answer! Lololol

ASH302 09-04-2020 10:42 PM

I just remember when I lost my eye back in 2010, I had a M1R care package sent to me.
Hopefully things will pick up back on here.
I'm planning on being on here more.

ASh

mach460 09-05-2020 04:20 AM

Same,I still come on here everyday sence 2002 to see what's new,
but like others said it's all be had,but it's hard to brake an old habit
after 19 years......

ASH302 09-05-2020 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mach460 (Post 1636779)
Same,I still come on here everyday sence 2002 to see what's new,
but like others said it's all be had,but it's hard to brake an old habit
after 19 years......

true

ASh

03BumbleBee 09-05-2020 08:32 PM

I am a part of the "younger" crowd, but I hate Facebook groups. Seems like its a constant pissing contest.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100 % , smart remarks and low balling the value of these cars!

jbrad88 09-06-2020 06:27 AM

I still come here mostly. Its true most everything has been talked about, but there are still some out there with new projects, restoration projects, etc. Still better than Facebook. I am personally taking a break from it as it really is not very constructive.

mikeracing 09-06-2020 12:53 PM

Glad to see you back ash,
Yea it's been kinda lonely lately.
I think alot of cars went to the crusher over the years and alot of people that own these cars used even know we are here.
I tried to jump on once or twice a week.

Take care and I will try to post more

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASH302 (Post 1636761)
I have been back on here and truly just sadden by the lack of interaction taking place around here. Just sad to me from what I remember. d@mn Facebook, ruining everything.
Oh well, time marches on and just thought I get on the soap box for a second.

ASh

ASH302 09-07-2020 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeracing (Post 1636789)
Glad to see you back ash,
Yea it's been kinda lonely lately.
I think alot of cars went to the crusher over the years and alot of people that own these cars used even know we are here.
I tried to jump on once or twice a week.

Take care and I will try to post more

Hello there, yea, I understand for sure what you are saying.

ASh

ASH302 09-07-2020 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrad88 (Post 1636786)
I still come here mostly. Its true most everything has been talked about, but there are still some out there with new projects, restoration projects, etc. Still better than Facebook. I am personally taking a break from it as it really is not very constructive.

So true, because you got new people that get them and cannot find it in the search, but that is where those that have been here can help out.

ASh

DSG2003Mach1 09-08-2020 09:46 AM

the forum also suffers from being outdated. I don't really post update photos because it's too much trouble. I actually didnt think to try Tapatalk until now but outside of that I dont upload photos to a host and just link em as this would be the only place Im doing it for.

Mach351 09-12-2020 10:35 AM

Personally don't do facebook, just way too invasive for me. Had an alias set up several years ago and it wanted me to upload a picture of a photo ID for verification... that was the end of that.
_

ASH302 09-12-2020 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSG2003Mach1 (Post 1636795)
the forum also suffers from being outdated. I don't really post update photos because it's too much trouble. I actually didnt think to try Tapatalk until now but outside of that I dont upload photos to a host and just link em as this would be the only place Im doing it for.

I used photobucket a lot, but now just upload the ones I want now and not use photobucket.

ASh

falcongtho3 09-13-2020 09:46 AM

Try out Flickr as a hosting site. I've had really good results from them. I think their free version allows 1,000 photos to be archived.
The Photo Gallery here is actually really good as well.

:borg: