2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Memorial Day (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=135988)

falcongtho3 05-29-2017 09:20 PM

Memorial Day

I would certainly be remiss in my duties as moderator if I didn't make sure that there was a thread up today in remembrance of the sacrifices that so many have made and that includes many of those who have are or have been members of our family of Mach enthusiasts and owners.
It is a debt that can never be repaid, only acknowledged and appreciated. IT is a price paid by so many, as well as their families, friends and loved ones. It is a calling that the special few who answer, do. And those around them, applaud and appreciate.
My thanks to all who serve, and to those who have served.

:borg:

b3warnick 05-29-2017 10:16 PM

Re: Memorial Day

Day is done, gone the sun
From the lakes, from the hills, from the sky
All is well, safely rest
God is nigh.

Fading light dims the sight
And a star gems the sky, gleaming bright
From afar, drawing near
Falls the night.

Thanks and praise for our days
Neath the sun, 'neath the stars', 'neath the sky'
As we go, this we know
God is nigh.

jbrad88 05-30-2017 12:05 AM

My father (West Point 1958) put up a nice display at his house today. Flags remembering a special group of people. His father who was lost in WW2. His classmates lost in Vietnam. Some of his NCO's and a few others. Took my 12 year old over and we went thru each name and their significance.

A good lesson for her. An important day today. So many, who truly gave
"Their last true measure of devotion"

Bless them all.

Mike03Mach 05-30-2017 04:48 AM

Thanks to those that paid the ultimate price and thanks to those that serve today.

Big Ron 05-30-2017 04:40 PM

I drink coffee every Tuesday morning with the "old men" from our church. There are probably 20 - 25 of us. Most are veterans except me. Two were B-29 pilots. Two were POW's. It is nice to remember those killed in battle but what a privilege it is to hear and listen to those still around. Four are in their 90's. One actually plays taps (not a recording) for all the funerals and military holidays locally.

Big Ron :thumbsup:

03BumbleBee 05-30-2017 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Ron (Post 1626738)
I drink coffee every Tuesday morning with the "old men" from our church. There are probably 20 - 25 of us. Most are veterans except me. Two were B-29 pilots. Two were POW's. It is nice to remember those killed in battle but what a privilege it is to hear and listen to those still around. Four are in their 90's. One actually plays taps (not a recording) for all the funerals and military holidays locally.

Big Ron :thumbsup:

Amen to all of them.

Mach351 05-31-2021 12:54 PM

Thank you to our military citizens for your service for our country.
_

BlkStang4 me 05-31-2021 07:29 PM

:CHEERS::CHEERS::CHEERS:
Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1626716)
I would certainly be remiss in my duties as moderator if I didn't make sure that there was a thread up today in remembrance of the sacrifices that so many have made and that includes many of those who have are or have been members of our family of Mach enthusiasts and owners.
It is a debt that can never be repaid, only acknowledged and appreciated. IT is a price paid by so many, as well as their families, friends and loved ones. It is a calling that the special few who answer, do. And those around them, applaud and appreciate.
My thanks to all who serve, and to those who have served.

Well said, appreciate all of you and thinking of my Grandfather, Col. Richard Cox, flying in the Berlin Airlift. Not half the man he was.

falcongtho3 05-31-2021 08:22 PM

Thank you both for posting up and bringing this day the respect it deserves.
I haven't been online today as I've been fighting both the effects of my second Moderna shot (did not go well) as well as clean up from our recent floods (went even worse). I'll try and do better next year.

ASH302 05-31-2021 10:06 PM

Sorry I am late to the show. While this day is sad, it is also an amazing day to all those that gave their lives for this country. We are free because of those willing to fight.

ASh