2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Body, Chassis & Interior (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Highways Affect on your paint.. (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=91820)

03torchredmach1 04-09-2009 11:45 PM

Highways Affect on your paint..

Hello,

First of all, I am new to the Mach1 forum and it is great to be amongst a strong membership with alot of knowledge. My question is based on the affect of gravel, debris and whatever happens to fall off of someone else's car, on the cars original paint. With chips in the paint from gravel and pebbles on the road does repainting the hood professionally with quality paint, and replacing the striping that was damaged by the rocks change the value of a car, or the authenticity and original stock automobile? I am just too much of a perfectionist that I need to ask the question..

Thanks for your responses.:confused:

mad_max_86 04-10-2009 02:50 AM

Re: Highways Affect on your paint..

So your question is can repainting a section of your mach 1 change the value over time? I think that it would change it for the good. Keeping the paint in pristine condition is always a plus in my opinion. I would much rather know that someone took the time to have a shop return their car to original status than to have a car with a beat-up front bumper. BTW welcome to the registry. Enjoy

one mach 1 04-10-2009 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03torchredmach1 (Post 1136822)
Hello,

First of all, I am new to the Mach1 forum and it is great to be amongst a strong membership with alot of knowledge. My question is based on the affect of gravel, debris and whatever happens to fall off of someone else's car, on the cars original paint. With chips in the paint from gravel and pebbles on the road does repainting the hood professionally with quality paint, and replacing the striping that was damaged by the rocks change the value of a car, or the authenticity and original stock automobile? I am just too much of a perfectionist that I need to ask the question..

Thanks for your responses.:confused:

Welcome to our family, the best mustang site on the web. Mine was repainted under factory warranty because the paint was bubbling up and chipping. The repaint came out beautiful, and seems to be 1000 times more durable than stock. I am sure it improved the value. Don't get too anal or you will miss the boat of enjoyment.:smokin:

falcongtho3 04-10-2009 07:22 AM

I am very much in favor of a car being as original as possible, but my car had the front bumper and hood refinished and I couldn't be happier. The paint had numerous chips from rocks and bugs and this has been an ongoing issue, especially with '03s.

:borg:

03torchredmach1 04-10-2009 02:46 PM

You guys are awesome!! First of all, thanks for responding so quickly but also giving me the "chill" advice and do what I need to do to keep the car as original as possible. I will go ahead and get the hood repainted to factory including replacing the stripe. This will make me feel much better.

Thanks again..:)

Lord Umoja 04-11-2009 10:34 AM

Sad to say, if you're worried about the value of the car as a collector's car, you bought the wrong thing. Sure these cars are rare and unique but they certianly aren't collectors cars yet by any stretch. Do what makes you happy. If all you're concerned with is collector value then you will be sorely dissapointed. Sorry.

Manny32V 04-12-2009 12:06 AM

maybe in 20 years they will be worth some more money. what ever you do dont paint it pink!