2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   The evils of car storage (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=136668)

Mach351 11-11-2018 12:11 PM

The evils of car storage

Just a friendly reminder to start your car once a month and let it run at operating temperature for at least 10 minutes.

Don't be a dumba$$ like me by letting it sit for too long and spending over $100 on a new battery just to find out the fuel pump is seized up.

that is all

DSG2003Mach1 11-11-2018 02:25 PM

Re: The evils of car storage

The other side of that is by doing so you are building up condensation in the oil, exhaust etc... and not running it long enough to dry it back out. We have 3 vehicles, 2 tractors and other equipment that sit probably 9 months out of the year with several months between uses at a vacation house - we have no issues. All we do is disconnect batteries

Fuel pump likely would have died either way

not a gt 11-11-2018 02:55 PM

Good advice..even with my issues and never get to drive car, I crank it just to hear what I am missing lol...agree with DSG, fuel pump probably unrelated, think of all the builds done on here that last months, usually when they go can literally be a fine monday, nothing Tuesday type deal, still sorry to hear man.

Mach351 11-11-2018 04:37 PM

I am conflicted about feeling conflicted.

So here is Scarlett Johansson in a white bikini holding a beer...

https://jokideo.com/wp-content/uploa...ikini-meme.jpg

not a gt 11-11-2018 05:28 PM

She makes it all better..fuel pump, our car has a fuel pump ??:secret:

falcongtho3 11-11-2018 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by not a gt (Post 1632974)
She makes it all better..fuel pump, our car has a fuel pump ??:secret:

It's like a beer pump...without the beer...or the bikini...or the girl...

:borg:

TKat13 11-11-2018 08:08 PM

what were we talking about again?

TKat13 11-11-2018 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach351 (Post 1632967)
Just a friendly reminder to start your car once a month and let it run at operating temperature for at least 10 minutes.

Don't be a dumba$$ like me by letting it sit for too long and spending over $100 on a new battery just to find out the fuel pump is seized up.

that is all

Now you are being a Jack A$$, I need a motor to start one. :butt:

Stormin Norman 11-12-2018 10:15 AM

I have fallen victim to this scenario this past weekend.
Went to the local club all Ford show as a spectator went to leave
and it wont run. I couldn't hear the pump run. So I'm guessing it's the pump.
thankfully the show was at a Ford dealer so I just pushed it to the service lane.

Stormin Norman 11-14-2018 04:24 PM

What is a good fuel pump to use for a stocker?

311-420 11-14-2018 08:49 PM

Dang, Jeff. That stinks. You may not have a working fuel pump but you do have a working picture of scarlet johanson. So there's that. :26::laugh:

USMCWeatherMan 11-14-2018 10:09 PM

I picked up a battery tender...best investment ever as my Mach routinely sits for months at a time without being driven. Was always a pain to have to remember to charge it up or jump it when I did want to drive it. Now she's ready to go whenever I feel like it.

Mach351 11-15-2018 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormin Norman (Post 1632993)
What is a good fuel pump to use for a stocker?

The SVT Focus (green top) fuel pump seems to be a popular choice.

I just ordered one from Amazon (Motorcraft PFS204 fuel pump).

Quote:

Originally Posted by 311-420 (Post 1632995)
Dang, Jeff. That stinks. You may not have a working fuel pump but you do have a working picture of scarlet johanson. So there's that. :26::laugh:

LOL... stress management - too much work and not enough play
_

noac 11-25-2018 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach351 (Post 1632967)

that is all

I think really the best thing to do is park a clean car inside and out with fresh oil and some stabil with very little gas in the tank in a dry storage location with plastic/wood/rubber over a concrete floor. Disconnect the battery cables, put on a car cover, and start the car once she comes out in the Spring.

DSG2003Mach1 11-25-2018 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noac (Post 1633037)
I think really the best thing to do is park a clean car inside and out with fresh oil and some stabil with very little gas in the tank in a dry storage location with plastic/wood/rubber over a concrete floor. Disconnect the battery cables, put on a car cover, and start the car once she comes out in the Spring.

A full tank leaves less room for oxygen and any moisture to accumulate. I would lean to a full tank with stabil