2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   US-NorthEast Region (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Anyone else driving their Mach 1 in this weather ??? (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=109820)

JSutphin 12-21-2010 10:01 AM

Anyone else driving their Mach 1 in this weather ???

Snow last week and the snow to come ???? Took me 1.5hrs to drive 15 miles last Thursday :(

Genghis Mach 12-21-2010 12:02 PM

Re: Anyone else driving their Mach 1 in this weather ???

No it's not my dd.I put it away on the 3rd.ONnly had a dusting so far.My 06 Wrangler looks better with the salt spray on it.

MACH1RAMAIR 12-21-2010 01:40 PM

No, no, no, no, no,no, no
Bill

littlemags 12-21-2010 01:59 PM

man...no way. I drove mine once in the rain and it sucked...cant imagine in snow

machgsxr 12-21-2010 02:07 PM

I started driving mine about 3 months ago and have not stopped. Weather has just been really good cold air, but today was an ugly morning with the overcast and real humid weather.

JSutphin 12-21-2010 02:58 PM

Good to know that most Mach 1 owners take very good care of their cars. I do my best to take care of it, but still drive it everyday.

The Mach has almost 100k miles and has been all over the country, road trips and vacations. Hurricanes in FL. and snow here in VA. Been autocrossed and drag raced its whole life.....Without a doubt, best car Ive ever owned !

A little tip to anyone else who might drive it out in the snow. The stock 245/45's are WAY better in the snow than the 275's or 315's. Seems the wider tires sit on top of the snow and the 245 sinks in and actually makes decent contact with the road. :THUMBSUP:

JSutphin 12-21-2010 03:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
A few pictures...

donjuaniii 12-21-2010 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genghis Mach (Post 1345032)
No it's not my dd.I put it away on the 3rd.ONnly had a dusting so far.My 06 Wrangler looks better with the salt spray on it.

Pretty much "ditto" here... Also put away on the 3rd and we haven't had too much of any snow YET.

My DD is a 2001 ZR2 S-10 4-wheeler... (interior can be as creaky as hell sometimes but mechanically it's a little beast!)

gerry066 12-21-2010 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSutphin (Post 1345056)
A few pictures...

that hurts my eyes too see your car winter driven

01TruBluGT 12-21-2010 05:17 PM

I am driving mine, however I think it is like 70 outside right now. :wtf:

kiler be 12-22-2010 09:39 AM

NO!!!!!!!!

My pony is in the barn for the winter........and I hate winter, cause I can't drive the Mach. :eyes:

Only good thing about winter is I don't put so many miles on her.

ASH302 12-22-2010 10:08 AM

Quote:

A few pictures...

man when i was driving to go reclass from ft. lewis to ft. knox i drove the mach in that type of weather and even worest the night before, the day time looked like that. i didn't have DR's on when i did and also i wouldn't do it again. but yeap the mach has drove in that type of weather before, its crazy

ASh

gotmach 12-22-2010 11:20 AM

Man , go on Craigslist and find a cheep Jeep. your gambling every time you drive in the snow.

i own a new Jeep Patriot now but about 4 yrs ago i found a cheep jeep on craigslist for a grand , put some new tires on it and it did well.

24kmach 12-22-2010 06:00 PM

Washington is doing alot better than most places this year. I take mine out almost every day it does not rain. On our trips to the 45th and Knott's we drove through pouring rain,wind, snow and you name it. My car was built FORD tough. :secret:

Timberman77 12-22-2010 10:45 PM

I absolutely hate driving the Mach in the snow and crappy weather...everytime I hear the tires running over the salt/sand it makes me cringe:eyes:

03BumbleBee 12-22-2010 10:47 PM

Quote:

A few pictures...

Put your rear spoiler back on, it will give you more down force at 110 MPH while driving in the snow.:CHEERS:

JSutphin 12-23-2010 09:37 AM

Put your rear spoiler back on, it will give you more down force at 110 MPH while driving in the snow.

Thanks for the advice, ha !

Rumplemenz 12-23-2010 10:54 AM

oh it would really set off my ocd's if i even drove her in the rain... not a DD and all bundled up in garage for the winter

id seriously consider winter tires for those who will be drivin them in the snow.. it is literally amazing the improved traction they provide over even an all season (no season) tire... ive heard and seen people run summer tires in winter. wow does that compromise traction and you are rollin the dice with scarin up the mach.. be careful

jasionox666x 12-23-2010 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlemags (Post 1345046)
man...no way. I drove mine once in the rain and it sucked...cant imagine in snow

The one time I decided to drive in the rain, which I had no choice by the way since it went from nice to downpour in a split second, I had to clean out my iac sensor and my maf and take my cai out into the house to dry.

Sucked ***.

NaMach1 12-23-2010 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotmach (Post 1345302)
Man , go on Craigslist and find a cheep Jeep. your gambling every time you drive in the snow.

i own a new Jeep Patriot now but about 4 yrs ago i found a cheep jeep on craigslist for a grand , put some new tires on it and it did well.

x2...Mine has been in the garage under a cover since the end of october. I bought a 1999 grand cherokee and it was the best decision of my life. Sucks not having driven the mach for the past 2 months though

mach one NY 12-23-2010 09:14 PM

Mine is hibernating till at least 3/31/11....just starting it and bringing up to operating tempature once a month or so..

Monster Mach 12-25-2010 10:22 AM

my mach is my dd and she loved the snow this year.. handled like a dream.. d.c snow without salt yummm for her.. lol the 255's handled better than my old 235's.. she made it up hills while fwds where getting stuck...

ASH302 12-25-2010 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlemags (Post 1345046)

you would hate WA wouldn't ever drive it cuz all it does is RAIN HERE, well you could drive it 2 months out of the year,

ASh

24kmach 12-25-2010 03:35 PM

Tacoma (IPA: [tə ˈko mə]) is a mid-sized urban port city in Washington, USA. The city is situated on a peninsula on the southern end of Washington's Puget Sound, in an area 51 km (32 miles) southwest of Seattle, 50 km (31 miles) northeast of the State capitol, Olympia, and 93 km (58 miles) northwest of Mount Rainier National Park. According to 2005 Census estimates, Tacoma has an estimated population of 195,898. [1] Tacoma stands as the second-largest city in the Puget Sound area, the third-largest in the state, and the seat of government of Pierce County.

Tacoma adopted its name after the nearby Mount Rainier, which was originally called Mount Tacoma. It is known as the "City of Destiny" because the area was chosen to be the site of the western terminus of the Northern Pacific Railroad in the late 1800s. The decision of the railroad was influenced in part because of Tacoma's neighboring Commencement Bay. By connecting the bay with the railroad Tacoma’s motto became “When rails meet sails.” Today Commencement Bay serves the Port of Tacoma, a major player in international trade on the Pacific Coast.

Like most central cities, Tacoma suffered a prolonged decline in the mid-20th century as a result of suburbanization, divestment, and federal urban renewal programs. Recently the city has been undergoing a Renaissance of sorts (see below); investing great sums of money into the downtown core to establish the University of Washington – Tacoma, Tacoma Link—the first modern electric light rail service in the state, various art and history museums, and a restored inlet—the Thea Foss Waterway.

The city has a long history of blue-collar labor politics owing to the relationship between the people and the railroad. Residents of Tacoma consider themselves Tacomans.

Tacoma-Pierce County has been named as one of the most livable areas in the country . Tacoma was also recently listed as one of the most walkable cities in the country (19th) [3]. In contrast, the city is also ranked as the most stressed-out city in the country in a 2004 survey based on unemployment rate, divorce rate, commute time, violent crime, property crime, suicide rate, alcohol consumption, self-reported "poor mental health" and cloudy days

JSutphin 12-28-2010 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24kmach (Post 1346287)
Tacoma (IPA: [tə ˈko mə]) is a mid-sized urban port city in Washington, USA. The city is situated on a peninsula on the southern end of Washington's Puget Sound, in an area 51 km (32 miles) southwest of Seattle, 50 km (31 miles) northeast of the State capitol, Olympia, and 93 km (58 miles) northwest of Mount Rainier National Park. According to 2005 Census estimates, Tacoma has an estimated population of 195,898. [1] Tacoma stands as the second-largest city in the Puget Sound area, the third-largest in the state, and the seat of government of Pierce County.

Tacoma adopted its name after the nearby Mount Rainier, which was originally called Mount Tacoma. It is known as the "City of Destiny" because the area was chosen to be the site of the western terminus of the Northern Pacific Railroad in the late 1800s. The decision of the railroad was influenced in part because of Tacoma's neighboring Commencement Bay. By connecting the bay with the railroad Tacoma’s motto became “When rails meet sails.” Today Commencement Bay serves the Port of Tacoma, a major player in international trade on the Pacific Coast.

Like most central cities, Tacoma suffered a prolonged decline in the mid-20th century as a result of suburbanization, divestment, and federal urban renewal programs. Recently the city has been undergoing a Renaissance of sorts (see below); investing great sums of money into the downtown core to establish the University of Washington – Tacoma, Tacoma Link—the first modern electric light rail service in the state, various art and history museums, and a restored inlet—the Thea Foss Waterway.

The city has a long history of blue-collar labor politics owing to the relationship between the people and the railroad. Residents of Tacoma consider themselves Tacomans.

Tacoma-Pierce County has been named as one of the most livable areas in the country . Tacoma was also recently listed as one of the most walkable cities in the country (19th) [3]. In contrast, the city is also ranked as the most stressed-out city in the country in a 2004 survey based on unemployment rate, divorce rate, commute time, violent crime, property crime, suicide rate, alcohol consumption, self-reported "poor mental health" and cloudy days

Thats wonderful :crazy: