2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Time in the garage (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=136994)

311-420 03-28-2020 12:09 AM

Time in the garage

3 Attachment(s)
Besides house duties, hunting for food at the grocery store and some sleep here and there, I've spent almost every minute in the garage during this quarantine. Many all-nighters til 5am. I've managed to tidy up everything interior, trunk and under the hood. Which brings me to the biggest thing yet.

Next step- and I'm actually ashamed to say this- the car's first paint 'correction'. Looks like I'll pick up the new pc 7424xp, a small assortment of 6.5" lake country pads and some meguiars m205 (hoping to not need to step up to m105, but I will if it is warranted).

Although it's always been a well kept/garaged car, it was my daily for 8 yrs and it's got water spots on all the top panels as well as light swirls and fine scratches throughout that have been bothering me for too long. I can't see a better time to undergo this project than now.

The brightness of oxford white has hidden 95% of these flaws as soon as you take 1 or 2 steps back, and because of that I've put this off and off, but the M1 deserves to be brought to this next level of cleanliness so we're going to get it done, finally!

Here's a few pics. This has been my view for the last 13 days. I guess things could be worse?

falcongtho3 03-28-2020 08:15 AM

Re: Time in the garage

Still looks **** good. Wish mine were in the same condition.

:borg:

DSG2003Mach1 03-28-2020 08:35 AM

looks good!

I wish I had a couple days to spend in the garage fine tuning things but Ive gotta keep working

JDraper 03-28-2020 10:09 AM

Been spending time in my garage pulling and replacing the rear window, and replacing the headliner on our 66 Mustang.

311-420 03-28-2020 11:28 PM

Thanks falcon, thanks DSG :CHEERS:

machdude 03-29-2020 07:12 AM

Awesome! I love detailing, there’s a certain satisfaction you get from the before and after. If you’re going to use a dual action polisher to cut the paint don’t be afraid of the more aggressive compound if anything it’ll help you achieve your results much faster and easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

311-420 03-29-2020 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machdude (Post 1635905)
Awesome! I love detailing, there’s a certain satisfaction you get from the before and after. If you’re going to use a dual action polisher to cut the paint don’t be afraid of the more aggressive compound if anything it’ll help you achieve your results much faster and easier.

If the m205 won't cut it, I won't fuss with it for long. I'll just run down and grab the m105. With these cars being the age they are, the paint has definitely hardened so it may very well take the m105. But like every aspect of detailing, I prefer to start weak and work my way up in aggressiveness.

Which products are you using?

machdude 03-29-2020 11:55 PM

That’s a good idea, I’ve always used meguiars products and have always gotten good results. M105 compound, show car glaze then I top it off with some ultimate paste wax.

gfong 03-30-2020 08:55 AM

Looks really good.

Jester 03-31-2020 12:40 AM

Been a while guys, hope everyone is doing well thru all this quarantine business.

The OW looks fantastic to me! But it’s the owner who is the biggest judge of his baby. I get it. I too have spent lots of time in my shop during the quarantine. Washing both of mine, changing airbags (yes, airbags, the covers on both cars melted/deteriorated) and other numerous things to keep busy. Good times. Making the best of it.

Great getaway we have to be able to do what we want with the cars we love.
Thanks for the post. Good seeing you guys here.

Mike

BONESTOCK 03-31-2020 08:35 AM

Wow! More pictures!

JDraper 03-31-2020 02:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by BONESTOCK (Post 1635912)
Wow! More pictures!

Pix of my garage :smokin:

Just finished pulling the rear window on the 66 to seal up a leak, and ended up replacing the headliner while I had the window out. Next up will be a bath for all 3, and a compounding and polishing of the 66. 17 GT/CS and 18 GT350 are ceramic coated so no polishing needed.

311-420 03-31-2020 04:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by machdude (Post 1635907)
That’s a good idea, I’ve always used meguiars products and have always gotten good results. M105 compound, show car glaze then I top it off with some ultimate paste wax.

That sounds like a rock solid combo that could never fail. Very nice. I'm thinking about tying meg's d300 now. Supposed to remove moderate infections and finish down in one step with zero dusting and a wide window before flashing. The pros on YouTube say it's about the best thing ever for a beginner (which I definitely am). It's also super affordable so I'm not out much if for some reason it doesn't get me the results I'm after.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gfong (Post 1635908)
Looks really good.

Thanks Greg. Ive still got those ford racing coil covers and oil cap cover you sold me. Waiting until when/ if I build the motor and will match them to a nice set of powder coated cam covers.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester (Post 1635911)
Been a while guys, hope everyone is doing well thru all this quarantine business.

The OW looks fantastic to me! But it’s the owner who is the biggest judge of his baby. I get it. I too have spent lots of time in my shop during the quarantine. Washing both of mine, changing airbags (yes, airbags, the covers on both cars melted/deteriorated) and other numerous things to keep busy. Good times. Making the best of it.

Great getaway we have to be able to do what we want with the cars we love.
Thanks for the post. Good seeing you guys here.

Mike

Thank you sir! Nice to see others making good use of this time with their Mustang. Also nice to see another OG around here. Welcome back!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BONESTOCK (Post 1635912)
Wow! More pictures!

Thanks man! I don't have many good pics. My camera only takes good shots if the car is drenched in light. Otherwise they turn out grainy like the ones above. This is about the best I have so far with the current setup (and it's not very good). If you want a specific shot let me know and I'll see what I can get.

311-420 03-31-2020 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDraper (Post 1635916)

Just finished pulling the rear window on the 66 to seal up a leak, and ended up replacing the headliner while I had the window out. Next up will be a bath for all 3, and a compounding and polishing of the 66. 17 GT/CS and 18 GT350 are ceramic coated so no polishing needed.

I wouldn't even know which to choose! That's a dope stable you're running up there. :machgod:

JDraper 03-31-2020 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 311-420 (Post 1635918)
I wouldn't even know which to choose! That's a dope stable you're running up there. :machgod:

Thanks, I do miss my Mach though :eyes:. At least it's with a good friend and well taken care of..:CHEERS:

311-420 03-31-2020 06:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got a back end shot. Light was decent.

BONESTOCK 04-01-2020 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDraper (Post 1635916)

Awesome garage!

BONESTOCK 04-01-2020 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 311-420 (Post 1635920)
Got a back end shot. Light was decent.

Man! Yeah I always loved the rare white Mach 1's!

ab_mach1 04-01-2020 11:43 AM

She's looking great! :hail1:

Mach351 04-04-2020 04:58 PM

Your Mach still looks new!
Great job.

http://www.shutupandtakemymoney.com/...thicc-meme.jpg

311-420 04-05-2020 03:11 PM

Appreciate it guys! Thanks. :CHEERS:

If someone wants to throw up pics please do!

hotford 04-06-2020 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BONESTOCK (Post 1635928)
Man! Yeah I always loved the rare white Mach 1's!

Me TOO!!!!

My three favorite colors

Blue
White
Orange

falcongtho3 04-07-2020 07:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Another week at the adventure. Be safe, all.

jbrad88 04-07-2020 09:57 PM

Have been taking a little time each day with the Mach.
I need to get some Meguiars 105. The fine cut cleaner is doing ok, but I need a little more.
Red is forgiving fortunately.
Figure a panel or two a day and the car will be ready for the summer
Nice to be doing something constructive with my “extra” time LOL

03BumbleBee 04-08-2020 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1635961)
Another week at the adventure. Be safe, all.

I love that year Boss, such a good body style. To me that was the last year of the Mustang, everything since is just to sophisticated .