2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

bris09 08-23-2008 07:39 AM

Re: NASCAR thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 1036554)
And that my friend has by far been the best summary of why it was cheating. :worship:

This recent episode by the "esteemed" Joe Gibbs and his racing team was one of the worst episodes of cheating in recent years in my opinion. Along with Mikey Waltrip and his Toyota team last year.

Actually, I thought Jimmy Johnson's adjustable rear window was.

falcongtho3 08-23-2008 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bris09 (Post 1036558)

It was, but you dont think ylo's gonna fess up to that one?
:23:

And congrats to 'backflip' Edwards on starting first in tonights race (too bad about last nights race, though)!!

:borg:

beerformeplz 08-23-2008 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 1036554)
This recent episode by the "esteemed" Joe Gibbs and his racing team was one of the worst episodes of cheating in recent years in my opinion. Along with Mikey Waltrip and his Toyota team last year.

I believe Carl Edwards was a worst case of cheating as it directly effected a race.

G 08-23-2008 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beerformeplz (Post 1036598)
I believe Carl Edwards was a worst case of cheating as it directly effected a race.

Not even close and there is no proof it changed the outcome of that race.

These guys are the big cheaters and 2 WORK FOR NASCAR checking for cheaters. :23:

TOP FIVE CHEATERS
http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/stor...NASCAR-history

G 08-23-2008 01:36 PM

I avoided the results of the truck race until last night when I caught the first half of the thing on Speed. I didn't like the ending when I checked out the vids this morning.

I missed the NW race and checked the vids for it too, that ending was ok for me.

I noticed the hit list for that rookie truck racer "Jim Johnson" had #51 on it like 5 times. So finally JJ does something I like. :23:

ylopony 08-23-2008 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bris09 (Post 1036558)

I forgot all about that one. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1036569)
It was, but you dont think ylo's gonna fess up to that one?
:23:

And congrats to 'backflip' Edwards on starting first in tonights race (too bad about last nights race, though)!!

Fess up, never. :23:

Quote:

And cheating about HP in a motor don't effect a race. That may help explain why after every restart Busch ends up pulling several car lengths ahead of the second place car in the straight aways. That is HP not talent.

I guess Nascar don't share your opinion. These penalties show just how severe they felt the cheating at JGR exactly was.

falcongtho3 08-23-2008 07:03 PM

Quote:

Was that actually Gibbs voice coming out of beerformeplz's helmet avatar?

Edwards/Roush didn't blatently try to circumvent rules to win a race, Gibbs Racing tried out and out to set themselves up to have an advantage in future races by falsifying the information NASCAR was trying to obtain to level out the playing field. Sould like big-time cheating to me.

beerformeplz 08-23-2008 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1036743)
Was that actually Gibbs voice coming out of beerformeplz's helmet avatar?

:butt: lol

Azure Blurr 08-23-2008 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beerformeplz (Post 1036756)
:butt: lol

I thought it was pretty funny as well!

Thunderbolt 08-23-2008 09:21 PM

When they widened the track 3 feet last year they really ruined the tradition of nail biting racing at Bristol. ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..................

falcongtho3 08-23-2008 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure Blurr (Post 1036762)
I thought it was pretty funny as well!

They like me! They really like me!!!

(Or not......)

bris09 08-23-2008 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 1036632)
Not even close and there is no proof it changed the outcome of that race.

These guys are the big cheaters and 2 WORK FOR NASCAR checking for cheaters. :23:

TOP FIVE CHEATERS
http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/stor...NASCAR-history

Makes sense to me. Who would know better what to look for.

G 08-23-2008 11:28 PM

Way to go Carl :23: :worship: :worship: :worship:

G 08-23-2008 11:31 PM

Big ears needs to try to hit Carl --- OUTSIDE THE CAR!!!

Thunderbolt 08-23-2008 11:43 PM

"MICHAEL WALTRIP IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST DRIVER IN NASCAR!" :31: :31: :31: I thought that was funny as hell when that spotter or criew chief said that. But it's the truth. Even though he did'nt cause that accident. The race was still good. A truly classy answer by Carl about the tap and run he gave Bush. It would be gret to see Carl win it all.

gvervoren 08-24-2008 12:32 AM

Carl is my hero!!! I too like the way he answered about the bump and run. LOL

02mach1 08-24-2008 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1036911)
"MICHAEL WALTRIP IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST DRIVER IN NASCAR!" :31: :31: :31: I thought that was funny as hell when that spotter or criew chief said that. But it's the truth. Even though he did'nt cause that accident. The race was still good. A truly classy answer by Carl about the tap and run he gave Bush. It would be gret to see Carl win it all.

I know I hope Carl run over Bush next week,

plus Steelers won tonight to.

falcongtho3 08-24-2008 08:03 AM

Looks like Dumbo got owned by Mr. Ed. :eyes:
Kyle showed what a 'class' act he really is. And if anyone thinks otherwise, he's the one that called called down by NASCAR, not Carl.
It's on, and I think Carl should be given plenty of credit for kepping it close and his crew chief applauded for getting the car where it shold be for the last segment of the race.
Gibbs Racing need to be ashamed for not only being cheaters, but bad losers. They don't deserve a championship. They may back into one, but it isn't a deserved one.
And congrats to JJ for such a great race (sorry, Ylo...had to do it , just for you! ), even though JG managed to have a respectable race, he didn't really seemed thrilled by it...odd.
The comment about Waltrip was the absolute highlight of the night, though!

ylopony 08-24-2008 09:49 AM

I love both of the comments that Edwards and "Buschleague" said after the race.

Here is what Edwards had to say. "It's one of those deals where I couldn't get by him, I couldn't get by him, and I just had to ask myself, 'Would he do that to me?' Obviously the answer was your darn right Dumbo would have done it.

And here is what Buschleague had to say. "He hit me getting into Turn 1," Busch said. "Whatever. Carl's going to say he's sorry, that he didn't want to race that way, but he always does. We'll take it, we'll go on and we'll race him that way in the Chase if that's the way he wants to race."

I'm sorry here, but there is an old saying that all of us know very well, What goes around comes around. Well Kyle, these guys out there know you, how classless you are, and what you would do to them. Why do they know this. Because you have repeatedly knocked cars off the track in your career. If you treat a driver with respect most will return the favor. Drive like it's a Saturday night demolition derby at the county fair and that is what the other drivers are going to do to you when they have the chance.

Also Kyle Buschleague, great show of class once again. Your ramming Edwards after the race is very typical of your classlessness. So was your post race comments. There is a difference between racing with attitude and being classless, you are the later. What a waste of great talent with your immaturity and classlessness.

Despite what most of you may think, I do like team Roush. Biffle and Edwards are my two favorite from that camp. If it's not going to be JJ or JG at the finish first It suits me fine to see those two get there first.

birdman941 08-24-2008 09:58 AM

I hope ASSCAR fines Dumbo and takes away 200 points,
puts him on probation, and spanks him with a wet noodle.
Or maybe throws wet rice at him I suppose.

ylopony 08-24-2008 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 1037032)
I hope ASSCAR fines Dumbo and takes away 200 points,
puts him on probation, and spanks him with a wet noodle.
Or maybe throws wet rice at him I suppose.

I have a feeling Dumbo would like the wet noodle spanking.

And somehow I'm sure a few JJ & JG jokes will come from this as well. :23:

bris09 08-24-2008 10:09 AM

You guys are a treat. If it happened the other way around You'd be cursing Dumbo for the bump and run while applauding Carl for the 1st round of post race bumping and then cursing Dumbo for the second round of post race bumping. Keep them coming I can use the laughs.

I actually did watch the end of the race and enjoyed the fact that a Toyota didn't win.

Rustangin 08-24-2008 10:16 AM

You Da Man Carl.....That was awesome....and if a Mr. Ed comment refers to the way Carl Edwards look then maybe Busch should take a good long look in the mirror and realize that good looking girlfriend of his more than likely is with him for his money.:23: Suck it up Dumbo you got beat!

falcongtho3 08-24-2008 11:14 AM

I like that fact that Carl stated that the fans wanted a rivalry and now they're going to get it.

Now it's Dumbo VS Mr. Ed...

And for the rest of the season, that's the way it'll be for me!

Can't wait for someone with some real photoshopping skills to run with that one...

ylopony 08-24-2008 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bris09 (Post 1037037)
You guys are a treat. If it happened the other way around You'd be cursing Dumbo for the bump and run while applauding Carl for the 1st round of post race bumping and then cursing Dumbo for the second round of post race bumping. Keep them coming I can use the laughs.

I actually did watch the end of the race and enjoyed the fact that a Toyota didn't win.

I don't like to see anyone get bumped out of the way to win. However, like I said, what goes around comes around. Kyle is one of the worst out there on the track. Michale Waltrip takes cars out on a weekly bases because he can't drive the thing.:23: Kyle has the talent and chooses to do it because it's his style. You knock guys around and they will do it to you.

You often hear other drivers say I could have knocked him out of the way but he hasn't raced that way with me so I didn't with him. However, I don't think Buschleague is going to get that respect. He has many times after a race said he was in my way so I pushed him out of the way. I can't think of anyone other than the other idiots in the JGR team that would have not knocked him out of the way.

And if Carl Edwards would have bumped anyone but Kyle Busch out of the way intentially I would have had a problem with it. I don't think for a minute if it were Ryan Newman, Mark Martin, Dale JR., or others in front he would have done it. Like he said(and I believe him) would he do it to me. If the answer was no I think he wouldn't have. Sorry Kyle, you've made your bed being the AZZHOLE of Nascar and now you are going to have to live with it.

As for bumping a car after the race, I don't care if it's Carl Edwards, Kyle Busch, or the best driver in Nascar, Jeff Gordon I think it's classless and no room for it. Kyle should be hit hard with fines and penalties and any other driver that does that. :anger: