2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

G 08-26-2007 12:14 AM

Re: NASCAR thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by pic18 (Post 847135)
2 top tens in a row for Bobby Labonte in his first 2 races with New Crew Chief Doug Randolph!!! Keep it up guys! :COOL:

That is good to see. :machgod:

Blackpony04 08-26-2007 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure Blurr (Post 847113)
Kinda tame Bristol race! Atleast Carl got to do a back flip. Kinda thought K.K. had that one wrapped up!

YAY! for Carl. First Ford win in the COT too. :yes:

New concrete plus hard tires made for a very tame race (WTF--they had green flag pitstops at Bristol!). At least people were racing each other and not driving conservatively to preserve points for the Chase. Best thing NASCAR did was go to the top 12 format so the races leading up to the Chase aren't snooze fests like they've been the last 3 years.

On to Kalifornia! (which was NASCAR's WORST decision...I miss Darlington dangit!)

02mach1 08-26-2007 01:28 AM

Good old Carl did it tonight!

JusMachN 08-26-2007 04:02 AM

Backflip! w00t!

gvervoren 08-26-2007 07:05 AM

Congrats Carl. I would like to see Bobby L. win a race. He deserves it.

G 08-26-2007 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 847202)

I think that would be very popular with the fans. :COOL:

When you think about it, there is a huge number of fans that never saw the 43 win. Long gone are the days when it was 43 that was expected to win. We seem to have forgotten how good that team was with Richard driving. I also think new fans don't know that Kyle Petty was VERY competitive throught a 8 year period. He was really a threat to win and most races during that period.
:gears:

Blackpony04 08-26-2007 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 847202)

I was rooting for Bobby too. :CHEERS:

03mach69mach 08-27-2007 03:42 PM

Well, Nascar has finally done it. Plain Vanilla Drivers, Plain Vanilla cars & Plain Vanilla 1.5 mile tracks, now you can add Bristol the ho-hum ranks of Plain Vanilla racing. I have been to every Bristol race (spring & night) since 1994 and can say that Saturdays race was the most BORING race (not just Bristol) that I have ever seen. I'll bet there were 25,000 people asleep in the crowd, I can't imagine how many people watching on TV turned the channel or fell asleep. SHEEEZ Louise, Please give me back the old Bristol Motor Speedway where rubbin was racing. It was great that Carl won (I only like FORD drivers), but hey, I have seen more action watching the traffic cameras from the interstate. Dale Ernhardt, Benny Parsons, Davey Allison & Alan Kulwicki are rolling over at the state of NASCAR.

End of my rant.....:angry:

Blackpony04 08-27-2007 05:15 PM

Actually I though last year's night race was more boring (I stayed awake the entire time this year lol). The problem with this year was the two lanes of racing because of the new concrete so no one had to do the suicide squeeze getting into the corners (plus the harder Goodyear tires lasted too long). Not disagreeing with the Vanilla aspect for sure however. The Busch race on the other hand was fantastic I thought with it being the expected crash fest...and in fact I'm finding the truck and Busch races to be more entertaining this year.

G 09-01-2007 11:20 PM

Man what a bad wreck for the 88, I hope the kid's leg is ok. He was running a good race too, before being blind sided.

falcongtho3 09-01-2007 11:23 PM

No lie. I thought he'd cleared the initial incident, but man did he get clocked! Seeing him ride the top of the wall on fire is scary. Hate to see that he had to go out on a stretcher, I hope he's only shaken up. Whatta hit!
:borg:

02mach1 09-01-2007 11:57 PM

His doing ok now what ESPN said,

G 09-02-2007 12:20 AM

This is a bad year for the Biff.

He was points racing with Newman and now Newman is out with some engine issues. They may want to fix Biffles car. :23:

02mach1 09-02-2007 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 851311)
This is a bad year for the Biff.

He was points racing with Newman and now Newman is out with some engine issues. They may want to fix Biffles car. :23:

Good luck on his car it real bad in rare end.

falcongtho3 09-02-2007 08:33 PM

Juan Problem Montoya strikes again. This time he nails Carl Edwards in the pits! Arrrrggghh...

G 09-02-2007 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 851622)
Juan Problem Montoya strikes again. This time he nails Carl Edwards in the pits! Arrrrggghh...

I gotta blame some pit box spotters for that, why can't Juan run into shrub so it can be a win win for me. :23:

dantheratman 09-02-2007 08:43 PM

yea, I about spit some beer on the floor I was so pizzed!!! Carl seemed to have a good runnin car on that first run.......:OUCH: FORD ABUSE!!

Blackpony04 09-03-2007 01:02 AM

Dang, and it sure looked like Carl might have been able to catch JJ. Oh well, let's hope Carl's momentum keeps going after the Chase starts.

gvervoren 09-03-2007 12:17 PM

I'm:Flame: :Flame: :Flame: I fell asleep with about 20 laps to go.

Going back a few post, I agree with the Bristol thing. THEY RUINED IT!!!! They may have made it better racing for the drivers but they always say that the fans are what makes the sport. If it were a safety issue, then yeah, change it, but that wasn't the case. Bristol was known for the bumping, wrecking, and high tempers. That's the reason they are sold out 6 or 7 years in advance and now they took it all away. I think some people will be giving up their Bristol tickets in the near future.

G 09-03-2007 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 851932)

Going back a few post, I agree with the Bristol thing. THEY RUINED IT!!!! They may have made it better racing for the drivers but they always say that the fans are what makes the sport. If it were a safety issue, then yeah, change it, but that wasn't the case. Bristol was known for the bumping, wrecking, and high tempers. That's the reason they are sold out 6 or 7 years in advance and now they took it all away. I think some people will be giving up their Bristol tickets in the near future.

I hope they do, I would rather see the good racing. I don't mind some bumping and shoving but can live without the wrecks. You are dead on with your analysis --- most fans would rather see the conflict. :yeh:

Blackpony04 09-03-2007 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 851932)

No need to be upset. The final lap looked exactly like 20 to go lol.... I really do dislike Kalifornia. I'd still be on the ceiling if the race was still at Darlington! :grr:

G 09-03-2007 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackpony04 (Post 852059)
No need to be upset. The final lap looked exactly like 20 to go lol.... I really do dislike Kalifornia. I'd still be on the ceiling if the race was still at Darlington! :grr:

It's criminal what they did to Darlington --- I hope they never sell out CA. :grr:

G 09-03-2007 08:23 PM

Don't forget the Dale movie on the 4th on CMT!!!!

Looks good no matter what you thought of the guy. :gears:

02mach1 09-04-2007 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03mach69mach (Post 847946)
Well, Nascar has finally done it. Plain Vanilla Drivers, Plain Vanilla cars & Plain Vanilla 1.5 mile tracks, now you can add Bristol the ho-hum ranks of Plain Vanilla racing. I have been to every Bristol race (spring & night) since 1994 and can say that Saturdays race was the most BORING race (not just Bristol) that I have ever seen. I'll bet there were 25,000 people asleep in the crowd, I can't imagine how many people watching on TV turned the channel or fell asleep. SHEEEZ Louise, Please give me back the old Bristol Motor Speedway where rubbin was racing. It was great that Carl won (I only like FORD drivers), but hey, I have seen more action watching the traffic cameras from the interstate. Dale Ernhardt, Benny Parsons, Davey Allison & Alan Kulwicki are rolling over at the state of NASCAR.

End of my rant.....:angry:

Wait until next year everything be back to normal. at Bristol.

RnJstel 09-05-2007 08:00 AM

Told you guys,

GIBBS GOES TO TOYOTA!:Flame:

Press Confrence at 11 today http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#news99

Just typical and exactly what Roush said, "they are just going to come in and throw cubic dollars at everything".

They cant make it work on their own (i.e. Hack MWR) so they essentially are going to buy Gibbs! Funny though after Gibbs was one of the primary designers/developers of the new dominant RO7 Chevy Engine.

At least I am in Mexico City, and wont be bombarded by the Toyota loving media reporting this story ten ways to sunday!

However, is Nascar really relevant as an Motorsport anymore?

To me, it has become WWF on wheels.