2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

falcongtho3 02-17-2013 02:11 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

Interesting event on Saturday night. Looks like th epotential of a lot of torn up sheetmetal next Sunday.

As much as it wold be easy to joke about Danica taking a pole, getting a pole, being on a pole, I have to take the high ground and give her my best wishes on what look like a pole winning qualifying run (it's early, but looking good for her).

:borg:

Rice_slayer 02-17-2013 03:23 PM

Danika wins the pole, and should be crashed out by Lap 25-50, taking all bets haha.

Big Ron 02-17-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rice_slayer (Post 1533196)
should be crashed out by Lap 25-50

I believe your right.

I enjoyed Keselowski in the Hollywood Hotel last night. Looked outta' place in a suit though, but did look better than Michael Waltrip!

Big Ron :COOL:

311-420 02-17-2013 06:44 PM

I'm glad I missed qualifying. From what I've heard, it was nothing but talking to danikuh. :oops:

Thunderbolt 02-17-2013 09:08 PM

The first ever all woman front row. That's incredible. My boy Trevor Bayne is qualified 3rd. So I guess if Ford and Chevy bumpers don't match, then he can't tap 'dat azz.

gvervoren 02-18-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rice_slayer (Post 1533196)
Danika wins the pole, and should be crashed out by Lap 25-50, taking all bets haha.

She probably will be but from what I have been seeing through the last couple years, most of her wrecks were not her doing.

lonestarbullitt 02-19-2013 06:26 PM

Anybody want to join a fantasy league? I've got one going, if you're interested PM me and I'll set you up. Makes the races a little more competitive to watch.

Thunderbolt 02-23-2013 08:57 PM

I did'nt see the Nationwide race, but I saw the crash on the national news. Daaaaaaamn. Lots of souvenirs for the fans. I wonder what the policy is for the people that got hurt because you know they'll be filing lawsuits if they can.

mach18604 02-23-2013 09:53 PM

Yeah I missed it also.. just saw all the vids you youtube..

Hope everyone is ok

MAD_MACh1 02-23-2013 10:10 PM

I heard that one guy was hit by a tire. Even suppose to be a fan that caught it on video. They also said the engine made it into the stands as well.

They need to do something with Dayona and Talladega. Plate racing isn't real racing. It's just hoping you don't get caught up in a wreck. The cars are just to evenly matched these days. No one can get away form any one else and you end up with these stupid packs. Hell the two car draft was better than this.

gvervoren 02-23-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAD_MACh1 (Post 1534022)
I heard that one guy was hit by a tire. Even suppose to be a fan that caught it on video. They also said the engine made it into the stands as well.

They need to do something with Dayona and Talladega. Plate racing isn't real racing. It's just hoping you don't get caught up in a wreck. The cars are just to evenly matched these days. No one can get away form any one else and you end up with these stupid packs. Hell the two car draft was better than this.

From what I saw, it looked like the engine made it throught the fence but not quite to the seats. Lots of people were burned from the fliuds coming out of it though. They also said 1 guy was hit from the tire in row 9 I believe. Hope everyone is OK.

gvervoren 02-24-2013 12:10 AM

View from grandstands. NSFW language

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar...0--nascar.html

Thunderbolt 02-24-2013 12:52 AM

Holy crap is right!! That dude was right there. That's just freaky.

falcongtho3 02-24-2013 08:27 AM

One of my coworkers was right in the middle of it, on the 5th row! Spoke to him last night, and he's fine. It was his first race and he could barely describe what happened! He's more wound up now to go to todays race....weather permitting.

311-420 02-24-2013 12:13 PM

Tragic stuff. I hope everyone involved is OK.

You can bet that Nascar will be enforcing the new larger roof flaps that the Gen 6 sprint cup cars got this year on the nationwide series cars next year after this, might even make the trucks start using them too.

Thunderbolt 02-24-2013 05:02 PM

I can't remember the last time I saw the outside lane working and the inside lane not. That was funny seeing the Toyota's up front dropping like flies after they had the top 6 spots.

Rice_slayer 02-24-2013 05:58 PM

I HATE JJ soo **** much lol. I think the more shocking story, Danica patrick actually FINISHED the race haha

liv2roc 02-24-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rice_slayer (Post 1534092)
I HATE JJ soo **** much lol.

I second that. him and Toyota is the reason I stopped watching NASCAR.
hate them both

falcongtho3 02-24-2013 08:12 PM

I was rooting for anyone but him! Bu it was fun watching the Toyotas blow up. Guess we need to worry about them on the 200-300 mile races only!

MAD_MACh1 02-25-2013 12:19 PM

Brad being out front with the banged up nose is why the inside line started to work. If Biffle and Danica had been the first two I think they would have been gone. Overall I thought it was pretty dull.

gvervoren 02-25-2013 08:17 PM

Why does everyone complain about Totota in NASCAR? When Toyota came into NASCAR several years ago, many of the fans were up in arms over having a non-American brand in the series. It became a huge controversy. But not a single fan raised an eyebrow about the Ford Fusion. The "American" branded Ford Fusion is completely made in Hermosillo, Mexico. Or what about the Chevy Impala, which until the new 2014 model, is completely built in Oshawa, Ontario, Canada? The 2014 model will still be built in Canada, with some built in Detroit.

The Toyota Camry destined for the US market is entirely built in Georgetown Kentucky.

So, you guys are complaing about having a car in NASCAR that is more "American" then the Ford Fusion and the Impala when they were used. Granted, they don't use the Impala anymore but they were when people were complaining.

Rice_slayer 02-25-2013 08:34 PM

It's not where the car is built, it's the BRAND not being Merukican that made people PO'd. Honestly I don't care either way haha.

iudelt89 02-25-2013 08:40 PM

The race on sunday is exactly why I hate Nascar. It has very little to do with driver skill and a whole lot to do with politics. You can't win a race without collaborating and making "deals" with other teams. All the cars just sit in a line and the only passing done is in wrecks and the pits.

If you want to see some real racing go watch the American LeMans series, Austrailian V8 touring car series, British Touring car series, Continental series, etc etc.

Best drivers in the world are still WRC drivers IMO. Those guys have some BALLS.

WalkrTexasRngr 02-25-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iudelt89 (Post 1534248)
The race on sunday is exactly why I hate Nascar. It has very little to do with driver skill and a whole lot to do with politics. You can't win a race without collaborating and making "deals" with other teams. All the cars just sit in a line and the only passing done is in wrecks and the pits.

If you want to see some real racing go watch the American LeMans series, Austrailian V8 touring car series, British Touring car series, Continental series, etc etc.

Best drivers in the world are still WRC drivers IMO. Those guys have some BALLS.

Theres only 4 superspeedway races a year. Theres a lot more intermidiates, shorts, and a couple road courses to help you out. I like all of it. Something for everyone. Talk about the race sucking...My driver got wrecked out on lap 20

MAD_MACh1 02-26-2013 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iudelt89 (Post 1534248)

Amen brother!

I wish they would get a V8 supercar series here.