2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

G 03-01-2009 08:24 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

BigEars gets the win. Carl almost made it last to the end. :worship:

Linumup 03-01-2009 08:24 PM

Last to 1st and Yota geta the victory !
Hometown hero today .

G 03-01-2009 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linumup (Post 1118533)
Last to 1st and Yota geta the victory !
Hometown hero today .

At least he won't get credit for the 43rd to 1st. I just don't like the guy because of his crappy attitude. :23:

gvervoren 03-01-2009 09:22 PM

I was hoping Kenseth would pull off another win and put himself in the record book for winning the first 3 races. Well obviously we found out early in the race that it wasn't going to happen.

falcongtho3 03-01-2009 10:37 PM

Certianly not the ending I was hoping for, but I am certain there are some Ford engines that are now torn apart and phone calls being made due to parts failures. With Matt, Regan, and Edwards having total engine failures and Biffles engine being suspect toward the end, there is somethign seriously wrong going on. I know there were issues with the Hendrick engines last week, so somethign is amiss somewhere.

It was good to see Carroll being interviewed and featured in the small portion they did dedicate to him and his cars, but it still eats at me that they could identify the pace cars correctly.

:borg:

birdman941 03-01-2009 11:36 PM

Glad I missed it.

pic18 03-02-2009 08:04 PM

There's still hope for us Bobby Labonte fans. Plus now he's driving a Ford!

falcongtho3 03-02-2009 10:23 PM

Bobby really showed well, but I have to give the driver of the day award to Jamie McMurray. He saved his own car (and his behind) be driving a quarter lap in drift mode...and did it well.

02mach1 03-02-2009 11:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1118612)
Certianly not the ending I was hoping for, but I am certain there are some Ford engines that are now torn apart and phone calls being made due to parts failures. With Matt, Regan, and Edwards having total engine failures and Biffles engine being suspect toward the end, there is somethign seriously wrong going on. I know there were issues with the Hendrick engines last week, so somethign is amiss somewhere.

It was good to see Carroll being interviewed and featured in the small portion they did dedicate to him and his cars, but it still eats at me that they could identify the pace cars correctly.

I think the Shebly GT500KR 40th Anniv Model should it won the race how many times when around the racetrack:worship:

falcongtho3 03-03-2009 07:19 AM

Shelby should at least get the bonus point for leading the most laps!

The cars that paced both races were '07 and '09 GT500 Super Snakes. These are actually privately owned cars!!! How cool would that be to have the actual cars that paced the races?!? The cars were some of the first to have the Shelby 427 packages completed on the 427 cars that it will be done on. Then there was a drawing held to see which cars would be used.

falcongtho3 03-03-2009 07:49 AM

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good NASCAR website, as far as news and updates? I really have never been a big fan of NASCAR.com and with the overhaul, it seems to have even less news and real information other than features on the race winners. I'd like to see if I can find out what they found as far as the faulty pieces that sidelined and crippled the Roush cars.

redhorse 03-03-2009 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1119257)
Shelby should at least get the bonus point for leading the most laps!

The cars that paced both races were '07 and '09 GT500 Super Snakes. These are actually privately owned cars!!! How cool would that be to have the actual cars that paced the races?!? The cars were some of the first to have the Shelby 427 packages completed on the 427 cars that it will be done on. Then there was a drawing held to see which cars would be used.

Ford is sending a 2010 GT 500 Pace Car to the 45th Anniversary. It will lead the convoy to the cruise-in at Homewood, Al. An Alabama State Trooper, who is in our local club, will get to do the honors of driving it that night.

pic18 03-04-2009 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1119263)
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good NASCAR website, as far as news and updates? I really have never been a big fan of NASCAR.com and with the overhaul, it seems to have even less news and real information other than features on the race winners. I'd like to see if I can find out what they found as far as the faulty pieces that sidelined and crippled the Roush cars.

http://jayski.com/cupnews.htm

falcongtho3 03-04-2009 10:43 PM

Thanks for the link. Someone had told me about them long ago and I just could not think of it. Very much appreciated!

ylopony 03-08-2009 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1112027)
JG and JJ are now finding out their honeymoon is over.

I'm not so sure I understand this statement. I'm assuming that you are speaking as someone who dislikes these drivers instead of someone who realizes that JJ has won three championships in a row and JG has 4 championships and is one of the alltime winners in Nascar. I'd say if it were over that was one heck of a honeymoon.
Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1112041)
Dale Earnhardt Jr = One of the most overrated drivers of all time. Almost as much as Richard Petty.

I will agree with you on Dale Jr. Overrated and living off of a legends name. As for Richard Petty overrated????? You could say a lot of things about him but with 200 wins overrated. I guess you could say that because he failed to win 300.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 1114212)
That's all Jr. has going for him right now. He is a good driver but he isn't really doing anything impressive like his dad did. It's just funny how Jr. Nation thinks he is the best thing for NASCAR when statistics show, he is not. All he does for NASCAR is bring in more fans and money to the sport. And that's just because of his name.

Most of Jr. Nation are fans who cheer for him because they can't let it go that Sr. is gone. As you said, he is a good driver who brings in money for Nascar. But week in and week out he sticks his head right up his :butt: and does something stupid that cost's him track position.

birdman941 03-09-2009 07:50 AM

Wow, is ASSCAR still around?

kiler be 03-09-2009 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 1121415)
Wow, is ASSCAR still around?

:23: I guess not.
No one has even posted anything about yesterdays race.
I do'nt care but who won?

Go to your local track and see REAL RACING.
Where finding ways to make more speed is expected not ruled out.

Thunderbolt 03-09-2009 01:25 PM

When I was watching the race last week D.W. said next week was a week off, so I did'nt even bother to look for the race. I guess he meant it was a week off for Fox coverage. :24:

birdman941 03-09-2009 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1121509)
When I was watching the race last week D.W. said next week was a week off, so I did'nt even bother to look for the race. I guess he meant it was a week off for Fox coverage. :24:

His lips and :butt: were still sore from his visit to Toiletta HQ.

kiler be 03-09-2009 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 1121513)
His lips and :butt: were still sore from his visit to Toiletta HQ.

With D W the Lips and:butt: are the same thing.:23:

Thunderbolt 03-09-2009 03:47 PM

One thing I've noticed the past few weeks is the commentators mention Sunoco fuel alot when they come in for a pit stop. They never use to do that. Wonder what their paying them to say that.

FEARED 03-09-2009 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1121561)
One thing I've noticed the past few weeks is the commentators mention Sunoco fuel alot when they come in for a pit stop. They never use to do that. Wonder what their paying them to say that.

Believe me.. product placement is not a mistake on FOX!

G 03-09-2009 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1121561)

It's no mistake and it's nothing new. When I was a boy :23: Goodyear was NOT the only tire and you would have some Firestone announcers and Goodyear announcers calling the same race. It was some funny stuff. MRN took care of most of that but then they went sole source for tires, fuel, and several other things so the announcer wars ended. :23:

gvervoren 03-09-2009 06:53 PM

What do you think of the guy running out to get the tire? Yes it was a really stupid thing to do but people keep saying that "he" ruined the race for a lot of drivers cause he brought out the caution. Although that may be somewhat true, I don't entirely agree with it. Wouldn't the caution flag have come out anyway whether he ran out there or not?

G 03-09-2009 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 1121666)
What do you think of the guy running out to get the tire? Yes it was a really stupid thing to do but people keep saying that "he" ruined the race for a lot of drivers cause he brought out the caution. Although that may be somewhat true, I don't entirely agree with it. Wouldn't the caution flag have come out anyway whether he ran out there or not?

Yes --------------- they're just whinin :smokin: