2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NFL Football Thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=84561)

65fastback2+2 09-28-2009 12:26 PM

Re: NFL Football Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1206383)
Cowboys on Monday Night Football. New stadium, everyone is watching. Tony Romo is beginning to feel something in his throat........

since im gonna be at this game :D (my first nfl game EVER!)....if he screws up the only thing hes gonna feel in his throat is the pen imma stab in his jugular

b3warnick 09-28-2009 12:29 PM

Quote:

I can say this, having grown up with my Steeler lovin brother.... a true thick and thin fan is humble, regardless of any game outcome, and certainly doesnt get butt hurt about name calling a sports team.
Whatever that means .... I'm probly older than you are, and I really couldn't care what you or anyone calls the Steelers. I'm just sayin, if you wanna make fun of 'em, go ahead, just come up with something more original than 'squeelers'. You're obviously a big Cowboys fan ... good luck with the rest of your season.

later.

65fastback2+2 09-28-2009 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b3warnick (Post 1206428)
Whatever that means .... I'm probly older than you are, and I really couldn't care what you or anyone calls the Steelers. I'm just sayin, if you wanna make fun of 'em, go ahead, just come up with something more original than 'squeelers'. You're obviously a big Cowboys fan ... good luck with the rest of your season.

later.

like i havent heard cowgirls or tony homo about a million times....get over it...squee...i mean, steelers suck either way

acreature 09-28-2009 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b3warnick (Post 1206428)

later.

Obviously if you didn't care, you'd not have posted anything about it :crazy:

If you really feel one needs a different word to poke fun at the Steelers, help a brother out, and give up some ideas :23:

Thanks for the luck :)

65fastback2+2 09-28-2009 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aneurism (Post 1206430)

If you really feel one needs a different word to poke fun at the Steelers, help a brother out, and give up some ideas :23:

this.

i was gonna go with "ugly rapists" or "terrible towel heads"....or something along those lines?

Thunderbolt 09-28-2009 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 (Post 1206300)
you do know they lost to the bungles and bears, right? haha

I did'nt see the game yesterday, just the score. I'm not concerned about it. The Steelers have gone on alot of hot streak wins in the past, or did they cut the season from 16 to 3 games? :rolleyes:

np_mach1 09-28-2009 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 (Post 1206429)
like i havent heard cowgirls or tony homo about a million times....get over it...squee...i mean, steelers suck either way

got 6? :butt:

:smokin:

toad 09-29-2009 06:12 PM

It was nice to see the defense come alive in the second half last night. Carolina is no joke but the Cowboys seem to feed off that sack by Ratliff.

I have tickets to the November 22 Washington game. Those pesky old Redskins come on strong at the end of the season so it will probably be a great game!

65fastback2+2 09-29-2009 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1206442)
I did'nt see the game yesterday, just the score. I'm not concerned about it. The Steelers have gone on alot of hot streak wins in the past, or did they cut the season from 16 to 3 games? :rolleyes:

so this is your way of accepting losses to mediocre teams? awesome. at least we wont have to worry about them come playoff time if this is the case

Quote:

Originally Posted by np_mach1 (Post 1206466)
got 6? :butt:

:smokin:

We've got 5, and we won all of them with hard work....we werent given 2 superbowls like the steelers were

and we've got plenty of other statistics and wins that the steelers could never touch if the cowboys took off 20 years from playing

Quote:

Originally Posted by toad (Post 1206919)
It was nice to see the defense come alive in the second half last night. Carolina is no joke but the Cowboys seem to feed off that sack by Ratliff.

last night, was the team Ive been waiting to see for 2 years now. That team that played last night, is the team that could easily win the superbowl....now the problem is, getting that team to show up every week

Defense was AWESOME

Running game was AWESOME

Tony Romo was awesome...lets face it, he did what he is supposed to...he didnt get wild, throw a ton of INT's, etc. He completed a lot of passes for a lot of yards and I was VERY proud. He even took two sacks instead of running around like an idiot and throwing interceptions. Hes not as exciting as Roaming Romo, but I like Conservative Tony because he will win more games.

acreature 09-29-2009 07:19 PM

The defense last night was still suspect (much improved after the half. but I am happy with the win....

A few play calls sucked ballz, but hopefully the staff will learn from it. Hopefully.

65fastback2+2 09-29-2009 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aneurism (Post 1206946)
The defense last night was still suspect (much improved after the half. but I am happy with the win....

A few play calls sucked ballz, but hopefully the staff will learn from it. Hopefully.

what was suspect? Im just curious your view on it

and that intentional grounding call was PURE garbage...i almost ran outta the stands and busted someone in the head

acreature 09-29-2009 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 (Post 1206948)
what was suspect? Im just curious your view on it

and that intentional grounding call was PURE garbage...i almost ran outta the stands and busted someone in the head

The Panthers still avg over 5 yds per play, over 4.5 per rush - though the rush was stuffed nicely compared to the other games. The only reason their total rush yards were down is because their play calling was a little bogus too, and they started pass pass pass. This game was a vast improvement, dont get me wrong. I would just like better and consistent defense.

The play calling I was speaking of was the ones from the staff. Those two pass plays form the 1.5 yd line was embarrassing with the way they were running.

I love watching Felix run, but man.... he gets hurt easy. Did this last year, got hurt while Barber was out.

gbranton 09-29-2009 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 (Post 1206948)

It was grounding, no question. I would say the same thing if it was Cutler.

el virus 09-29-2009 07:40 PM

My Colts are 3-0. On the way to Miami for this years Super Bowl to watch Peyton take it home.

Thunderbolt 09-30-2009 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 (Post 1206944)
at least we wont have to worry about them come playoff time

I'm sure everyone is saying this about the Cowpies. They have 12 years experience.

65fastback2+2 09-30-2009 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbranton (Post 1206955)
It was grounding, no question. I would say the same thing if it was Cutler.

Bull crap...intentional grounding is that...intentional....letting go of the ball while getting hit and the ball falling short is not intentional

04azuremach 09-30-2009 10:52 AM

As a 49er fan, I'm really hating Brett Favre right now.

acreature 09-30-2009 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1207064)
I'm sure everyone is saying this about the Cowpies. They have 12 years experience.

Cowpies won their last game. :butt:

04azuremach 09-30-2009 11:03 AM

And about Pittsburgh fans talking about winning 6 SB's, how many did you lose?

SF 5-0 baby!

np_mach1 09-30-2009 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 (Post 1206944)
We've got 5, and we won all of them with hard work....we werent given 2 superbowls like the steelers were

and we've got plenty of other statistics and wins that the steelers could never touch if the cowboys took off 20 years from playing

Which 2? Let me gues the most recent... Hey I am sure Willies long run, or the antoine throw was just a gimme too. Give me a break. And the last Super Bowl if there were a 100 snaps taken by the Cards there should have been 100 holding calls because Harrison was RAPED every play... I am sure his pick 6 was given to him too.

Delusional much? You got lucky against our squad in 95-96 (hard work my ***)

You can add up all the stats (excuses) in the world when it comes down to it Super bowls are what the game is played for. You know it and I know it.

np_mach1 09-30-2009 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04azuremach (Post 1207120)
And about Pittsburgh fans talking about winning 6 SB's, how many did you lose?

SF 5-0 baby!

Jerry Rice or Montana doesn't play for your team any more Mr. Irrelevant :23: ... On a side note I hope you guys break the streak and make it in the playoffs primarily because Singletary is a beast, and I love what he has done with that team

04azuremach 09-30-2009 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by np_mach1 (Post 1207148)
Jerry Rice or Montana doesn't play for your team any more Mr. Irrelevant :23: ... On a side note I hope you guys break the streak and make it in the playoffs primarily because Singletary is a beast, and I love what he has done with that team

Neither does Steve Young, but we had Bryant young up until 2007 LOL. We're winning the division by 1.5 points (beat the Cards and the Hawks) and playing hard so we'll see how we do. Got an easy game against the Rams this weekend, but as the Redskins just showed-any team can win I guess LOL

acreature 09-30-2009 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by np_mach1 (Post 1207143)
Delusional much? You got lucky against our squad in 95-96 (hard work my ***)

They didnt get lucky.... Odonnell was on the Cowboys Team!:23:

acreature 09-30-2009 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04azuremach (Post 1207156)
Got an easy game against the Rams this weekend, but as the Redskins and Steelers just showed-any team can win I guess LOL

:smack: :butt: :23:

np_mach1 09-30-2009 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04azuremach (Post 1207156)
Neither does Steve Young, but we had Bryant young up until 2007 LOL. We're winning the division by 1.5 points (beat the Cards and the Hawks) and playing hard so we'll see how we do. Got an easy game against the Rams this weekend, but as the Redskins just showed-any team can win I guess LOL

Well I hope you guys pitch a shut out. I got your D on my fantasy team!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aneurism (Post 1207165)
They didnt get lucky.... Odonnell was on the Cowboys Team!:23:

Yeah no kidding. To this day I still get upset about Odonnell.