2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Engine & Drivetrain (Including trans & rear axles) (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Going to start my port and polish of my intake tonight (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27715)

Nazman 03-04-2007 05:40 PM

Re: Going to start my port and polish of my intake tonight

Quote:

Originally Posted by ster!nn (Post 756122)
Why do you do epoxy work on the bottom side where the plugs are? For better flow eliminating sharp edges?

:eyebrows: ;)

Naz

ster!nn 03-04-2007 10:43 PM

I've seen the video in your sig on another forum...SVTP?
wow, that's what I want.

*There's alot to grind away on the top of the manifold.

Nazman 03-04-2007 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ster!nn (Post 756330)
I've seen the video in your sig on another forum...SVTP?
wow, that's what I want.

*There's alot to grind away on the top of the manifold.

ster!nn 03-04-2007 11:54 PM

Seems like 120 does a good job. Flap wheels are next when I chop off the bottom..

Nazman 03-05-2007 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ster!nn (Post 756359)
What is the dremel bit of choice? Seems like 120 does a good job. Flap wheels are next when I chop off the bottom..

ster!nn 03-05-2007 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nazman (Post 756362)
Hummm....dremel? You will burn 3 or 4 by doing an intake correctly. They dont have the power nor the strenght to do the job. You need a good size compresor (I have a 60 gal) and power tools.

You will need more than 120 grit flap wheels. I utilize carbide bits, single/double cuts, air degrinders, angle bits, and a multitude of other specialized tools.

:THUMBSUP:

Naz

^^I figured as much.
All my airtools are out of commission until I get a new compressor. :(

ster!nn 03-08-2007 11:29 PM

I also ordered a spacer kit from Roy, class guy- very recomended. Under $100 shipped, gasket, bolts, and spacer wee!

DTMach1 03-09-2007 12:01 AM

Naz has my intake...and I'm glad he does :D

Nazman 03-09-2007 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTMach1 (Post 758652)
Naz has my intake...and I'm glad he does :D

And its shipping tomorrow morning!! :D :devil:

Naz

ster!nn 03-16-2007 10:16 PM

I'd like to thank Roy for the spacer, prompt shipping, and all the accessories needed. Very knowledgeable guy.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy (Post 763204)
You sure that spacer guys name is Ron?

No, I'm pretty sure his name was ROY!!! lol sorry man :P

Roy 03-16-2007 10:27 PM

hawk 03-16-2007 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy (Post 763204)

Lol, yeah Ron helped him with his ERG valve, too!

Seriously, and typos aside, glad you got it done and felt the gains. I've got a ported manny and spacer to go on soon. I'm looking forward to feeling a difference in everyday driving and on the track.

ster!nn 03-22-2007 10:48 AM

Ron, you're an animal.

That's all I have to say and I thought I'd share it. :)

Comp Orange 04 03-30-2008 09:14 AM

Well it looks like Insight cable was bought out by Comcast so the picture links went away. I searched on my computer for the pictures and I can not find them anymore. Looks like it is time to release this sticky to the graveyard after a 3 year run. But if you have any questions I sure I can try and still answer them.

jaysmachone 04-12-2008 08:12 PM

Do yourself a HUGE favor and talk to Roy. I wouldn't trust mine to anyone else. I posted a new thread about how my car made 430 H.P and 478 T.Q. with a 125 shot and some other mods as well as an inadequate fuel pump and one very cool ported intake by ROY!!!

mach1metalhead 01-07-2009 01:56 AM

i haven't looked into stuff like this, but is there some sort of small flex hone that would do the job? i've seen what they do to cylinders, but i wasn't sure if they make one small enough... please don't flame, just asking a question...

oxfordwhitemach 12-03-2009 04:22 PM

Just got around to reading this thread for the first time. Why did Naz go through and delete almost every post he made in here? Didn't want to give away any trade secrets?

oxfordwhitemach 12-03-2009 10:53 PM

Just sucks. I'm sure he had some good information posted here for the do-it-yourselfer. The thread is really hard to follow and doesn't have many tech tips with all of his "..."s.

Comp Orange 04 12-05-2009 09:27 AM

If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me. Sadly my old internet hosting company went out of buisness and the picture links are broke but I still remember doing the job.

na svt 12-05-2009 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oxfordwhitemach (Post 1227911)
Just sucks. I'm sure he had some good information posted here for the do-it-yourselfer. The thread is really hard to follow and doesn't have many tech tips with all of his "..."s.

What do you want to know? I can send you pics, instructions, whatever you need. I can even post some stuff. It's not secret squirrel stuff, really.

oxfordwhitemach 12-07-2009 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Comp Orange 04 (Post 1228332)
If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me. Sadly my old internet hosting company went out of buisness and the picture links are broke but I still remember doing the job.

Thanks for the offer. If something specific comes up, I'll be sure to shoot you a PM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by na svt (Post 1228333)
What do you want to know? I can send you pics, instructions, whatever you need. I can even post some stuff. It's not secret squirrel stuff, really.

Coolness. You have a PM. Any tips you want to share would be a great help to myself and anybody else who wants to try this themselves. Good advice is hard to come by, so I appreciate your professional knowledge base. Hopefully with enough knowledge to start out with on this project, I will have the stones to actually do it and not end up botching up a $$$ intake manifold in the process. Thanks in advance.