2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

machths 01-13-2007 10:48 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZURE GIRL (Post 727685)
Guess NASCAR has to appeal to the ricers to. Should be plenty of punks in the stands with pants half down with wife beaters and hat sideways.

Sounds like half the Jr. fans I've seen at Talladega.:LAUGH:

gvervoren 01-19-2007 06:11 PM

Boy, what a rough couple of weeks. First Bobby Hamilton dies of cancer in the beginning of January and then Benny Parsons dies earlier this week from cancer.

Azure Blurr 01-19-2007 08:05 PM

Aw crap, I did not know about Bobby Hamilton. Good Guy.

falcongtho3 01-19-2007 10:17 PM

I didn't know about it either, until my Autoweek hit the mailbox Tuesday. Not a good week for the NASCAR world.
On a different note, can't wait to hear about the updates to the points and chase for this coming year. Sounds like Toyota's having some teething pains in testing. It did well the first day, but everyone else got better...except Dodge. Only 4 more weeks...but first we gotta win a Super Bowl...hee, hee...:borg:

falcongtho3 02-11-2007 05:22 PM

Fords own the front row for next weeks Daytona 500! David Gulliland and Ricky Rudd (Thats M&Ms and Snickers for you sweet tooths out there) took the starting spots for the blue oval. David G had an outstanding race last night in the shootout and Rudd had testing and qualifying well in hand all weekend. Toyotas are not yet a threat and also Boris Said is driving a Fusion this year and qualified 5th. :borg:

Might actually be worth watching next week...

gvervoren 02-11-2007 06:30 PM

That is pretty sweet that Ford owns the front row. I think David G. is going to do pretty good this year. That would have been nice to see him pass Stewart for the win last night though.

birdman941 02-11-2007 07:19 PM

Michael Waltrip and his Toiletta were possibly caught cheating.
Car and intake manifolds confiscated. :borg:

G 02-11-2007 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 743787)
Michael Waltrip and his Toiletta were possibly caught cheating.
Car and intake manifolds confiscated. :borg:

Pushing, bending, stretching the rules has never happened in NASCAR. :secret: I think the parts from last year alone would fill up a car hauler ---------- that's just the stuff they found. I think this year they will still be slamming Jack and add the Toyota teams to the list. :smack:

I'm glad to see Rudd back, it's gonna be a neat season. :ORANGE:

birdman941 02-11-2007 07:53 PM

I just thought it was funny that an Un-American team was caught cheating.
One would think that they would play it clean, since all their drivers are washed up.

pic18 02-11-2007 08:01 PM

The 9 and 17 teams were also caught cheating.

Blackpony04 02-11-2007 10:11 PM

Doesn't every one remember last year's Daytona 500 when Jimmy Johnson was caught cheating after qualifying (extremely blatantly) and didn't even lose any points...and became the Cup Champion? One of the biggest problems with NASCAR is their inability to equally enforce their own rules.

BTW, it was great to watch the two Toyotas in the Bud Shootout rocket to the REAR! :eyes: :smokin:

falcongtho3 02-12-2007 07:26 AM

No lie! Didn't know a NASCAR racer could go so fast...in reverse...:3:
Looks like Matt (17) and Casey (9) got nailed for having extra vent holes (?!) in the car bodies. Can't wait to see what what NASCAR has to say about it, but for now they go to back of the packs in the twin races this coming Thursday. Looks like Mikey might not get his car back in time for the twins and I don't believe he is any position to get in without racing in. Toyota should love that one.

Anyone notice that all of the races are televised on regular cable this years with the exception of the All Star race? The All Star race is only going to be shown on Speed! Don't have it, and the local provider doesn't offer it as any type of stand alone option. Won't be watching that one...:wall: :borg:

02mach1 02-12-2007 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackpony04 (Post 743858)
Doesn't every one remember last year's Daytona 500 when Jimmy Johnson was caught cheating after qualifying (extremely blatantly) and didn't even lose any points...and became the Cup Champion? One of the biggest problems with NASCAR is their inability to equally enforce their own rules.

BTW, it was great to watch the two Toyotas in the Bud Shootout rocket to the REAR! :eyes: :smokin:

The Toyotas were sand baging, 1st two laps they were the fastest,

now the Fords are 1 and 2 in front row for 500, anyone what candy:smokin:

G 02-12-2007 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 743961)
No lie! Didn't know a NASCAR racer could go so fast...in reverse...:3:

Anyone notice that all of the races are televised on regular cable this years with the exception of the All Star race? The All Star race is only going to be shown on Speed! Don't have it, and the local provider doesn't offer it as any type of stand alone option. Won't be watching that one...:wall:

:agree: I'm not sad that the toyota's are slow.

You could always have a buddy tape it for ya. He will need the expressed permission of NASCAR :wall:

I think we're having a thing that evening in my shop. I hope the weather is good, because the cars will be out in it. There's something wrong with a provider that doesn't include SPEED, you're way too far South for that to be possible. Must be a yankee owned company, do you get alot of hockey???????? :notsure:

machths 02-12-2007 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoffav (Post 744082)
:agree: I'm not sad that the toyota's are slow.

You could always have a buddy tape it for ya. He will need the expressed permission of NASCAR :wall:

I think we're having a thing that evening in my shop. I hope the weather is good, because the cars will be out in it. There's something wrong with a provider that doesn't include SPEED, you're way too far South for that to be possible. Must be a yankee owned company, do you get alot of hockey???????? :notsure:

Hockey kicks @$$!:THUMBSUP:

Blackpony04 02-12-2007 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02mach1 (Post 744060)
The Toyotas were sand baging, 1st two laps they were the fastest,

Yeah, because it takes two laps to get up to speed at Daytona!! :D

02mach1 02-12-2007 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackpony04 (Post 744138)
Yeah, because it takes two laps to get up to speed at Daytona!! :D

oh yea:santa:

falcongtho3 02-12-2007 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoffav (Post 744082)
Must be a yankee owned company, do you get alot of hockey???????? :notsure:

We actually had a minor league hockey team for a number of years! The Baton Rouge Kingfish. I've still got my jersey from when the company I work for sponsored their first season. It was kinda funny to see a mix of hockey being played and jambalaya being served in the stands. Being my dad is from New York I was raised knowing a little about hockey, so it wasn't much of a culture shock to see it played locally, but for most it was just short of a UFO sighting...:borg:

birdman941 02-12-2007 10:40 PM

We have the Florida Everblades here in town.
Speedvision also!

machowner 02-12-2007 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoffav (Post 652267)
Oh yeah, I see those all the time on the highway. :rolleyses

They need to start STOCK CAR racing again. WTH are they thinking. :grr:

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 652271)
Buy a car off the lot and race it. That's the way it used to be. That's the way it should be.

This is an old post but I would be into nascar if they did this!

G 02-13-2007 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machowner (Post 744478)
This is an old post but I would be into nascar if they did this!

HaHa what year did I say that. Dang I'm smart. :eyebrows:

birdman941 02-14-2007 07:49 PM

Waltrip WAS cheating. :loser:
They said there was a foreign substance in his intake.
Heck, the entire dang car is a foreign substance! :loser:

mmustangsrus 02-14-2007 09:31 PM

Nascar Is Rubbish < Top Gear Voice Off > :23:

Blackpony04 02-14-2007 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 745688)
Waltrip WAS cheating. :loser:
They said there was a foreign substance in his intake.
Heck, the entire dang car is a foreign substance! :loser:

:23: So entirely true! But unfortunately money talks and he'll still walk away clean. But some heads did roll:

http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#news

G 02-14-2007 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machths (Post 744133)
Hockey kicks @$$!:THUMBSUP:

:CHEERS: I agree. My point was not negative hockey. :23: