2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   US-SouthWest Region (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Soooo Sad! (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=133569)

rsnider 06-10-2015 12:13 PM

Soooo Sad!

I guess the entheusiam has died! We used to have a pretty active bunch here in Phoenix. I guess they have all sold their Mach's for newer models.
If there is anyone out there still interested, or a recent purchaser of a Mach please reply. Maybe we could get together and compare notes.

ASH302 08-27-2015 10:11 AM

Re: Soooo Sad!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsnider (Post 1602697)
I guess the entheusiam has died! We used to have a pretty active bunch here in Phoenix. I guess they have all sold their Mach's for newer models.
If there is anyone out there still interested, or a recent purchaser of a Mach please reply. Maybe we could get together and compare notes.

To be honest your not the only one, I was at Fort Hood for a short time and was amazed with the car scene there, it was sad. Best place so far a few years back was around Fort Lewis, but I'm sure it has died off to up there.
I believe that is the case, people are not in a mustang any more or upgraded to a new one. good luck on your search

ASh

TKat13 08-27-2015 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASH302 (Post 1605812)
To be honest your not the only one, I was at Fort Hood for a short time and was amazed with the car scene there, it was sad. Best place so far a few years back was around Fort Lewis, but I'm sure it has died off to up there.
I believe that is the case, people are not in a mustang any more or upgraded to a new one. good luck on your search

ASh

It seems as people age many either upgrade to a better performance car, have a family and dump the performance car or just walk away from the hobby and drive something like a ford fusion.

many regret selling the Mach, personally, I regret selling my SRT-10...

Hpstang 08-27-2015 12:26 PM

Yes it's sad. Like said a lot of people have just moved on to other things. I for one can't see me going away from the Mach. I love that it's different

Cooldbz12 08-30-2015 10:15 AM

Around my town too, It used to be you used have to be into cars to know to buy a fast car(the top model) or fix up one and we would all hang out and talk cars, now every other kid in high school and there mom is driving a 400hp+.

311-420 11-19-2015 06:22 PM

Same here in my town. There's only mine, an azure and a zinc left that I'm aware of. The zinc isn't taken care of and the azure I'm really not even 100% sure if it's still around. Haven't seen it in I don't know how long. Only 1 terminator.

I worry about the registry, itself, sometimes..:eyes:

rsnider 11-20-2015 10:28 AM

311-420,
My daughter bought a Bullitt with a non-intercooled Vortec installed. It is fun to drive but yet to be determined how fast it really is.

It got me thinking about a syntrifugal supercharger for the Mach. I've looked up the different manufacturers but I'm not ready to spend $4k-$6k on a mod that may cause a bunch of headaches.

On a scale of 1-10 how happy are you with your blower? Would you do it again? How much did it lower your 1/4 mi. times?

Hi Jack over.

311-420 11-20-2015 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsnider (Post 1608757)
311-420,
My daughter bought a Bullitt with a non-intercooled Vortec installed. It is fun to drive but yet to be determined how fast it really is.

It got me thinking about a syntrifugal supercharger for the Mach. I've looked up the different manufacturers but I'm not ready to spend $4k-$6k on a mod that may cause a bunch of headaches.

On a scale of 1-10 how happy are you with your blower? Would you do it again? How much did it lower your 1/4 mi. times?

Hi Jack over.

Congrats to your daughter! Must be a cool chick. :smokin:

On the 1-10 scale, I give it a 10. I love how the power comes in with the positive displacement blowers. There's just no waiting. They hit like a hammer all at once. I also like that it's quiet when idling or just cruising around and nobody's the wiser. My only complaint, if you want to call it a complaint, is that it isn't as loud as I remember my '02 360R's blower was. That thing was making crazy noise with even 1/4 throttle if you stabbed it quickly. But it was a much smaller blower being spun much harder. And the exhaust I had then was catted with stock manifolds.

I've had zero issues in the last 2.5 months ~1500 miles since I've had it. Oem pieces just seem to be more trouble free from what I've seen when it comes to blowers. I don't have any track times yet (my cars a cruiser 99.9% of the time). Here's the thread to my dyno sheet and mods. You can see the power is readily on tap at virtually any engine speed. http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/...hlight=311-420

not a gt 11-20-2015 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hpstang (Post 1605820)
Yes it's sad. Like said a lot of people have just moved on to other things. I for one can't see me going away from the Mach. I love that it's different

Be at Zaxbys in Waycross tomorrow at 6 PM, you will see car enthusiasm still alive third Saturday of each month