2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning & Dyno Testing/Results (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   mass state inspection (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=114870)

indianpeter 07-18-2011 05:57 PM

mass state inspection

gotta interesting issue here...
i had my car dyno tuned last fall (Dez Racing in seekonk mass)made a bunch of timing + fuel trim changes....
now i go for my annual state inspection... no go:Flame:.
state says "catalyst monitor +catalyst heater mointor not supported"...
but car has BBK cats + o2 sensors, never had my check engine light go on...
so here's my question... the car was tuned with an older predator..if i suck the perfomance tune out, put the "stock" tune back in , get a sticker, and then re-install the performance tune.. will i loose any of the fuel mixture + timimg settings, or does the predator retain that stuff?

Lonestar 07-18-2011 07:55 PM

Re: mass state inspection

If its the tune in the predator you will not loose it. All you will do is reload the tune after the emission test. When you reload the performance tune your setting will be restored. I have to keep my car registered in Texas as it will never pass emissions in Colorado unless I reinstall the factory h as my Pypes catted X will get close to a pass with a custom tune.

LS:gears:

BluMach03 07-19-2011 05:36 AM

yea, just load your stock tune..that should work. fine

MustangJoe 07-20-2011 09:01 AM

After you reload the stock tune, you will need to drive the car for about 100 miles to make those monitors ready. I go through the same thing every year with my f150 with a tuner. If you go immediately it wont pass because the monitors wont be ready.

try846 07-20-2011 02:12 PM

Does this happen with the older tuners only, I was ok with my SCT X3.

shame302 07-22-2011 02:42 PM

Ditto. And i have my rear O2s shut off.

jpilone 07-25-2011 10:47 AM

Ahh you whacky states with your state inspections! Thank god FL did away with that ~1999!

indianpeter 07-25-2011 04:28 PM

well as the saying goes "we got good news, and we got bad news"....
re-installed my stock tune, put about 90 miles on the car , and sure as sh!t, it now passes the "Massachusetts Butt Sniff Test".....gotta sticker.

BUT....

i am a dummy:rolleyses, and did not read/comprehend the (in my defense) poorly written predator operator's manual, which if read carefully, states that you must FIRST back your performance tune up on your PC ...BEFORE you re-install the stocker...and, of course, i assumed that the predator would retain the performance tune to re-load after sticker installed..
WRONG!!!:SMASH:
so i have a call into Dez Racing, who did the dyno work.. hopefully he has a copy of my tune he can e-mail me..........

I MISS CARBURETORS AND POINTS!!!

311-420 07-26-2011 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indianpeter (Post 1408539)
well as the saying goes "we got good news, and we got bad news"....
re-installed my stock tune, put about 90 miles on the car , and sure as sh!t, it now passes the "Massachusetts Butt Sniff Test".....gotta sticker.

BUT....

i am a dummy:rolleyses, and did not read/comprehend the (in my defense) poorly written predator operator's manual, which if read carefully, states that you must FIRST back your performance tune up on your PC ...BEFORE you re-install the stocker...and, of course, i assumed that the predator would retain the performance tune to re-load after sticker installed..
WRONG!!!:SMASH:
so i have a call into Dez Racing, who did the dyno work.. hopefully he has a copy of my tune he can e-mail me..........

I MISS CARBURETORS AND POINTS!!!

Never heard of that happening before. What does Dez say about it?

indianpeter 07-27-2011 09:53 AM

well, i spoke to Devon at Diablosport and he confirms what i stated in the last post, that reloading the "stock" tune erases any"custom" tune in the predator, and sent me instructions on how to upload/download my custom tune to and from my PC....

i haven't been able to get Dez on the phone yet, he is always super busy...i am hoping he will just email me the last tune he did on my car, and then i can download it to the predator, and then into the Mach...

kinda surprised that no one else here had run into this..:wtf: this is the exact situation i was trying to avoid..:(
of course, the possibility that i f'd something up certainly exsists, too...

oh well, at least i'll be an "expert" (Ha!) by the time i'm done here.. cause i figure i'm gonna have to do this once a year for my sticker!!

311-420 07-27-2011 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indianpeter (Post 1408965)
well, i spoke to Devon at Diablosport and he confirms what i stated in the last post, that reloading the "stock" tune erases any"custom" tune in the predator, and sent me instructions on how to upload/download my custom tune to and from my PC....

i haven't been able to get Dez on the phone yet, he is always super busy...i am hoping he will just email me the last tune he did on my car, and then i can download it to the predator, and then into the Mach...

kinda surprised that no one else here had run into this..:wtf: this is the exact situation i was trying to avoid..:(
of course, the possibility that i f'd something up certainly exsists, too...

oh well, at least i'll be an "expert" (Ha!) by the time i'm done here.. cause i figure i'm gonna have to do this once a year for my sticker!!

That's just plain stupid. It can hold a stock tune but not a custom tune. Wtf....

BluMach03 07-27-2011 07:00 PM

i just had mike change my tune for a sticker. Mass sucks with this ****

indianpeter 07-27-2011 07:48 PM

blumach03...
did you have the predator performance tune or a custom?

BluMach03 07-29-2011 05:22 AM

custom

indianpeter 08-05-2011 08:21 AM

final update on this...
bought the kit from Diablo to support using the predator with a PC
(45 bucks),
Dez emailed me my last tune (thanks Mike!!!),went thru the 5 pages :bigeyes: of instructions from Diablo...
bottom line, got the custom tune back in the car, and saved it on my PC so i can do the same BS next july when the car needs a sticker again...

hey anybody running an 03 with 4:10's, long tubes + magnaflow, cold air kit + spacer .. if you have a predator, a PC, and some patience i can email you a nice tune!!