2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Has this been happening to anyone else recently (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=136971)

jbrad88 01-26-2020 11:02 PM

Has this been happening to anyone else recently

A few weeks back at a local pond I visit regularly, I came back to the Mach and found a note on the windshield. At first I thought someone had hit the car or something, but fortunately it was someone who left their name and number for me to call them about the Mach...

Then last night I was leaving a restaurant with the kids and this guy had been waiting for me to leave so he could ask me if I would be interested in selling the Mach.

Guess It’s about that time in the cars life.

Dude was shocked when I said I was not interested...had the car since new. Made that mistake with my fox years ago. Not making that mistake again...

Besides my kids would hurt me. The car is a family heirloom now :teeth:

hotford 01-27-2020 03:24 AM

Re: Has this been happening to anyone else recently

Good Choice.

b3warnick 01-29-2020 10:03 PM

Went to a conference at MacDill AFB back around 2011 and had a note asking if I was on the forum, etc.

My old 5.0 Fox though ..... Had a note once on the windshield asking if I would be interesting in selling. Turned out to be one of the chaplains at Tyndall AFB wanted to buy it for his daughter. Another day some guy on a motorcycle followed me to my house - I pulled up out front and he pulled up next to the pax window. Told me who he was, asked if I was interesting in selling. I said no - he still left me a business card in case I ever changed my mind. Recently, the manager at the local Tuffy auto repair shop (they had done some troubleshooting on some of the vacuum hoses) told me that if I ever wanted to sell it to give him a call.

03BumbleBee 01-30-2020 10:54 AM

4 years ago we move to our neighborhood, there has not been a year since someone has not asked if I want to sell the Mach. One time my neighbor and I were talking on our driveway and someone stopped to ask. My neighbor starting asking how much you want to pay and the guy got all excited. I had to let him know I owned the car and it was not for sale. He gave my neighbor a dirty look and drove off.

machdude 01-31-2020 10:02 AM

I get asked all the time but I never feel like they’re serious. Either way not for sale lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

serviceman1 05-04-2020 08:09 AM

I just sold mine to my son to keep it in the family

Recon 05-05-2020 04:25 PM

This happens a lot with my Chevy, but I’m in bow tie country. Answer doesn’t change. I will sell one of my functioning organs before entertaining the idea of selling the car. Even then I’d sell it to my father so he can keep it until I could buy it back.

Pick your poison.

4a7191a 05-08-2020 10:07 PM

Still creep the sight and miss my old mach1.
Hard sale but house and classic car restoration came first
The little gas getter I got was a mazdaspeed3. It's got fbos and I actually was surprised. I ran it at the track and did a 11.92@122 with it. Feels so much slower than the mach did.
Other than at if I were to get a new mach it would be the 21 if it ever comes out. Been watching.
Hope all members that see this are doing well:)

Mach351 05-11-2020 04:19 PM

A guy in my neighborhood a couple of streets over has a dark blue 1988 Fox-body 5.0 liter hatch-back in almost pristine condition. Every great once-in-while I'll ask if he will sell it to me; he always says no.

Guess I am that creepy guy on this site.
_

bryan5437 05-15-2020 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4a7191a (Post 1636149)
Still creep the sight and miss my old mach1.
Hard sale but house and classic car restoration came first
The little gas getter I got was a mazdaspeed3. It's got fbos and I actually was surprised. I ran it at the track and did a 11.92@122 with it. Feels so much slower than the mach did.
Other than at if I were to get a new mach it would be the 21 if it ever comes out. Been watching.
Hope all members that see this are doing well:)

Hopefully you feel better knowing she went to a good home. I've got her all sorted and we've been ripping around town.

4a7191a 05-22-2020 01:05 PM

For sure. Glad it's doing well. For sure was a fun car. Still eyeing the gtr market but no overtime at work since the rona has put that on hold.

muzman 06-09-2020 09:24 PM

The Mach is a keeper.

LXS 06-09-2020 11:16 PM

I had a guy ask me in near bumper to bumper traffic on the freeway once. Don’t remember what kind of car the guy has but it was definitely something expensive, so dude got pissed when I laughed and told him no! :31: :23: