2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   NEW Mach 1 Owner Introductions (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   New Owner from California (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=135739)

slomach03 02-07-2017 07:47 PM

New Owner from California

Hi guys. Got into my first mustang after having a bolt on 350z. She's my new baby. 2003 TR Mach 1. It's pretty stock, so far it has SLP LM1, Mac ProChamber, ICT Billet intake spacer, JLT RAI, and some exterior stuff like '95 Cobra R's, CDC deck lid, and Raxiom headlights. Few more things I want to do to her like suspension and gears but later on. Now it's just trying to keep traction in "terrible" California winter lol

sutyak 02-07-2017 07:56 PM

Re: New Owner from California

Welcome

03Shadow Grey 02-07-2017 08:19 PM

Welcome, Glad to have you aboard !
Traction wont get any better in the rain. lol

slomach03 02-07-2017 08:22 PM

Thanks guys! And no the rain is not a mustangs friend.

311-420 02-07-2017 09:41 PM

Welcome aboard. These cars are dangerous on the highway in rain.

Vndcatr 02-07-2017 10:17 PM

welcome! im just north in Sacramento. i hear ya on the winter..

slomach03 02-07-2017 10:23 PM

They sure are. I've already had TC pop on a few times this winter season. Glad I saved the DRs for the summer lol

Stormin Norman 02-08-2017 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slomach03 (Post 1624020)
Thanks guys! And no the rain is not a mustangs friend.

I hear ya, I lost my 04 Comp orange car after about 21 plus inches of rain in 2 days.

Mustanger2 02-08-2017 08:35 AM

Welcome. hey you know you already have 3:55 gears from the factory right? What gears are you going for?

Your car is also lowered a bit either a 1/2" or 3/4" I always mix it up with the Bullitt cars. Either way Mach I springs are special so don't just throw them away. Someone is always looking for them, the shocks & struts too, unless totally worn out are nice. Ford did a very nice job with these cars to start with. You also have bolted on factory Sub Frame rails to tie the car together & make it a bit stiffer than the GT etc. but they are not near as good as the aftermarket ones welded in. MM & Steeda & others are much better.

I think these are the perfect cars for having fun & still turning heads at car shows etc. So IMO don't change too much that makes it a recognizable Mach I ...the headlights are a good example...They were a design that that became very popular with the Black Chrome reflectors in them & clear lenses...it started a trend. They clean up easily if yellowed & are worth saving. Raxiom headlights huh? Post up pics to show us what you chose...we love pics.

Sounds like you removed the rear deck lid & went wingless? I'll have to look up CDC parts to see but once again post up a pic! LOL... 95 Cobra "R"'s are nice I like them on lot's of cars, still have your Mach I rims? Nice OEM's in good shape are still popular. NEVER get rid of your Shaker hood though! That is the Signature piece that makes it a Mach!!! LOL...unless you have to for some reason...

Changing the front fascia to the Cobra 01 or even 03/04 is popular or the Roush Stage 3 looks good ...and really gives it a different look. In the end it is YOUR car so have fun & ignore me as needed...just so you know how special your car really is. (Got any pics? LOL)

slomach03 02-08-2017 11:16 AM

I've had fun with it and tried to keep the original look. I did buy the car without the stock rims but I'm not a big chrome/silver guy so the black Cobra Rs work for me. As for the gears 3:55 is good but we all know those 4:10s really help with those 12 second time slips. I still have the wing cause it's too cool to lose but I did do the Decklid panel which I love with MMD tail light trim. As for the headlights I love LED halos so that's why I went with Raxiom. And I love the shaker so that's why I kept it function and went with the JLT RAI instead of the CAI (and I found a new JLT for $190 so I couldn't pass it up lol). And I'm new to posting so I'm having trouble uploading pics but I'll get them up soon.

ab_mach1 02-08-2017 12:07 PM

Welcome!

311-420 02-08-2017 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slomach03 (Post 1624040)
I've had fun with it and tried to keep the original look. I did buy the car without the stock rims but I'm not a big chrome/silver guy so the black Cobra Rs work for me. As for the gears 3:55 is good but we all know those 4:10s really help with those 12 second time slips. I still have the wing cause it's too cool to lose but I did do the Decklid panel which I love with MMD tail light trim. As for the headlights I love LED halos so that's why I went with Raxiom. And I love the shaker so that's why I kept it function and went with the JLT RAI instead of the CAI (and I found a new JLT for $190 so I couldn't pass it up lol). And I'm new to posting so I'm having trouble uploading pics but I'll get them up soon.

4.10s will make it quicker if you can hook it up, but slower at the same time. I had them long ago and I would jump out about one car length from a low roll on my buddies mach with similar mods, but then my buddy would pull away from me once we got up to highway speeds. Our machs made within 2hp of one another on the same dyno.

slomach03 02-08-2017 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 311-420 (Post 1624048)
4.10s will make it quicker if you can hook it up, but slower at the same time. I had them long ago and I would jump out about one car length from a low roll on my buddies mach with similar mods, but then my buddy would pull away from me once we got up to highway speeds. Our machs made within 2hp of one another on the same dyno.

I've heard that's true. One of the reason I haven't done gears yet because I don't want to lose that great top end acceleration. The trans ams and z28s don't like that too end lol