2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   How did you find your mach? (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=119571)

Monster Mach 02-05-2012 05:44 AM

How did you find your mach?

Just as the title says. How did you find it?

Ill start.

I had a 2002 mountaineer (miss the hell out of that suv my favorite car so far)
It was starting to need some mechanical work.
So I was on the hunt for a new car.. I wanted a mustang but kept that in the back of my head.. I was gratefull for anything I could find in my price range.
So I went to a toyota dealership because we knew the salesperson and to see what we could find.
I test drove a few cars then in the side lot I saw a white mustang.
I didn't even see anything black.. I was just praying it was a g.t.
I got closer and see oooo mach 1. I knew a little about them not much at all ( I knew they existed back in the day I thought they were a g.t with a hole in the hood)

So I take the test drive and omg did I fall in love.
I traded my mountaineer in and bought the mach.. previous owner kept it in florida (ceo of raymond corp) and after toyota was struggling for money he had to get rid of all of his flashy cars for less flashy ones.. so he traded every car he had to this toyota dealer (and because raymond is owned by toyota he got treated like gold) I got his best ford which was 1 of 9 of his sports cars that he traded...

Thor 02-05-2012 06:33 AM

Re: How did you find your mach?

Autotrader. 1,863 miles on it, did a background check and the car was clean. A guy in his late 40's had it for two years, had owned a Lexus, then a BMW before the Mach I, purchased a Mercedes after selling me the Ford. Obtained it for 2k less than KBB value.

MachWonGuy 02-05-2012 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thor (Post 1457626)
Autotrader. 1,863 miles on it, did a background check and the car was clean. A guy in his late 40's had it for two years, had owned a Lexus, then a BMW before the Mach I, purchased a Mercedes after selling me the Ford. Obtained it for 2k less than KBB value.

Sounds fimular, I put an ad on here looking for a Low mile, 1 owner, Stock, CO Mach and I dont think I got one reply. Ended up finding mine in PA off Autotrader. It had just a hair under 1,900 miles on it, 1 owner, Stock other then Exhaust, tinted windows, CAI, and the "MUSTANG" on the rear bumper blacked out. Owner was selling it to restore a big block '69 Mustang.

First sight:

http://www.machwon.com/Homepage%20Pi...Mach%20009.JPG

Never even test drove it, put the hood down, did a 180 turn and drove it in the trailler. It was flawless :)

The '70....

Blew my '78 Lemans up the Saturday before I went to a Car Show in Brockville on Sunday. Was looking for a '70s car, had to be a 4-speed, had to look kewl, and had to sound awsome. Actually walked by it many times before my father talked me into looking at it. 1h later after talking to the owner I was a '70 Mach owner

First sight:

http://www.machwon.com/Homepage%20Pi...Mach%20002.JPG

UNLUCKIER 02-05-2012 07:36 AM

German Newspaper near Ramstein Germany. Pregnant wife knew at the time I was itching for a mustang since I had to leave my 89 GT behind at Travis AFB.

03mach1 02-05-2012 07:48 AM

I think I saw the prototype on Stangnet or The Mustang Source back in late 2001 early 2002 when the Bullit came out. I said if they build it, I want one.
http://www.themustangsource.com/concept/mach1/mach1.jpg

As soon as they announced at an Auto Show Ford was going to build it, I ordered it at my local Ford Dealer and start this site! May 2002. The rest is history.

Mach1 EH 02-05-2012 08:10 AM

At my desk I was doing a search for classic Mustangs (had been Mustangless for the last 9 years) - was hunting for a '68 Fastback and thought WTF I like Mach 1s too. Didn't know there was any 'newer' model Mach 1s available.
Searched on Mach 1.

Looking over the responses from the search engine I see an interesting topic

"Mach 1 is back" or something very close to that. *HUH*?

I click the link and it brought me to this site and I (back and forth) read for a few hours.
Shaker hood, 3:55 etc etc.

I was driving a 1993 Lincoln Mark VIII at the time, so I called the Ford dealership where my Mark was serviced and asked about the 2003 Mach 1.

They replied yes they just got an AB (5sp, IUP) in (this dealership tried to get me to buy the 2001 Bullitt)

Said I was coming in after work to check it out.

Got to the dealership, I pull in and walk to the front. The sales guy that knows me, met me at the front door and walked me to the other side, the AB was there and he had the keys.

OKAY, drive and talk. New Mustang with classic throw back looks, shaker hood and a warranty. Later that week I ended up putting $500 down on a DSG Mach 1 and waited for the luv affair to begin.

shadowmaker 02-05-2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03mach1 (Post 1457629)
I think I saw the prototype on Stangnet or The Mustang Source back in late 2001 early 2002 when the Bullit came out. I said if they build it, I want one.

As soon as they announced at an Auto Show Ford was going to build it, I ordered it at my local Ford Dealer and start this site! May 2002. The rest is history.

Glad they changed their mind on the hood and the wheels.

I was looking a 98-02 Z28 or Trans AM. I gave up my 99 z28 bc of 2 kids in car seats 10 yrs earlier. My wife knew I missed the car and we were in the position that it wouldnt affect us.

I finally found a Trans am after 6 months, drove it 5 miles to my wife's work. I looked at her and go 'you re not gonna believe this but this thing is KILLING my back.' :surprise: Took it back to the dealership and had to PULL my left leg out of the car so I could get out. :??:

Was going to get in on the cash for clunkers deal and the 2010 mustang qualified at the time. I was going to get a 6 cyl, yea I know. :??: Then the day before I was going to fill out the papers and pick one up, the dealership called and said they changed it and the Mustang was no longer eligible. :grr:

So, I looked on autotrader and saw a 02 GT with FR500 wheels at a dealership 1.5 hrs away and went to drive it. They sold it before I could make up my mind and get the loan. Saw a Vehix commerical on TV, looked there and found mine with 23k miles for $13500.

Called him and made a offer and drove 2 hrs to pick it up. 61 yr old man had it and had driven it 3k miles in 3 yrs. (Someone on the corral ran the carfax for me.)

SeikenFreak 02-05-2012 08:30 AM

Had been searching the webs trying to figure out what kinda car I want as a DD.. Was looking for stuff in the lower price range.. Foxbodies or 80's Camaros.. Realized I could get a newer Mustang for not that much more. And it wouldn't be a 20 year old heap. Which then lead me to the Mach. I've always liked these but don't often think of them and didn't expect to get one.

After searching and searching for Machs and me being the trigger happy way I am, a listing just popped up on Craigslist for a used car lot black Mach with 46k miles about an hour away. A couple days later I go down to look at it with my ex-ford tech and general Mustang enthusiast friend and his wife in the pouring rain.

We go over the car. Minor paint blemishes on the front and rear bumpers. Everything else looks clean. Motor sounds fine. Exhaust is loud as hell with just like straight pipes. My friend test drives it for me. Says it seems good. I go into the office and haggle with them a little cause they decided to raise the price a grand from what it was listed on the net. "Oh it was a mistake. Didn't mean to list it at that much." I tell them to sell it at the price original listed and I'll pick it up tomorrow. And I did.

Other then the fact that it was weaving and scary at highway speeds on the way home, which we fixed that day by putting more then 5psi in the tires and rebalancing them, the car ran good for two weeks. I changed the oil and 2 days later when I took it up the RPM band it started to knock.

It's almost a year later now and the car has been nothing but a curse since.

Semi-recent pic

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u..._shoot_138.jpg

mach460 02-05-2012 08:36 AM

It was early November 2002 I was looking for a older mach 1 and I typed in mach 1 and the mach 1 registry pop up and the rest is history, went to the Ford dealer orderd her up joined this sight and been here november of 2002.
Can't belive its almost 10 years already..

73mach03 02-05-2012 09:11 AM

A parent of a former student of mine owned a local service/used car station and I asked if they could look for a Mach 1 for me (Spring 2009). I currently had a 96 Z28 and a 2003 V6 Mustang (my late father's car) and was looking to trade the Mustang and then likely sell the Z28. I had an Eclipse that I needed for the winter and wanted to get back to just 2 cars.

My first color choice was located in NJ. Both brothers drove down to check it out and buy it if it looked good. The car exceeded expectations and I had it the next day. Just over 8,000 miles and still had a new car smell. A beautiful used Mach in mint condition.

I loved my Z28, but after getting the Mach 1, I sold it to a good friend who had been eyeing the Camaro for years. He's babying it even more than I do the Mach 1.

I didn't think I'd ever own another Mach 1 (had an original 73). When they first came out, I was still more than happy with my Z28 and wasn't going to pay the sticker + adjusted $$$ premium they were tacking on in my area anyway. I remember talking to a friend about the new Mach 1s. I was interested, but the $$$ and timing weren't right back then.

A week after buying it, the previous owner actually called the car shop owner who got the Mach 1 for me and asked if there was any chance that I'd want to back out of the deal. Even with his excellent stable of cars (including a Ferrari), he was missing that Mach 1. Yeah, that wasn't going to happen.

White04Mach 02-05-2012 09:13 AM

Back when they first came out I saw one at a dealership not far from home. I knew we would never get one at the family dealership since there was not any desire for Mustangs (even v6's) in a town of 3000 people. Being 22 I knew I couldn't afford one so I bought ever magazine that had the Mach in it knowing someday I would have one. Years later my cousin had a 2003 Cobra and was trying to convince me to get rid of my Harley and buy a Mustang so we could go to car shows together. I ended up selling my Harley and was looking at a white Mach about an hour away with 45k miles on it. I knew I wanted a white one because my mom always had white v8 Mustangs growing up as a kid. I found the registry and saw someone had posted they saw a 2,800 mile white Mach 1 at a local dealership...in Massachusetts. Made a few phone calls and my cousin and I packed bags and drove 8 hours to look at it. Did some paperwork and drove it home. Only paid 1k more for it than the dealer wanted for the 45k mile one I looked at an hour from home. I called my best friend and told him I had something to show him. He hung up the phone and said to his wife "I think Brian bought a Mustang....and I bet it's a Mach."

kiler be 02-05-2012 09:50 AM

I payed my truck off about 6 mouths earlier, just could'nt stand NOT having a cars payment. :SMASH:
Anyway, I saw a Mach 1 at a ford dealership and stoped to look at it a few times. On Sundays, while they were closed. It was nice to look it over without a saleman breathing down my neck.
I test drove a NEW 2008 Mustang GT at a different dealership and had all the paper work ready to go, just sign and drive it away. Gonna pick it up Sat. morning.
The lucky part is, I went to dinner with my sister Friday night and was on my way home. :idea: Then I remembered the Mach. Turned around to take it for a test drive. GLAD I did. Bought the Mach 1 on Sat., not the GT. ( bet that salesman was PI$$ed.)
The 2008 GT was a NICE car......But the Mach 1 was more like the Mucsle cars I drove in my younger days.
Love this Car. :25::CHEERS:

WalkrTexasRngr 02-05-2012 10:06 AM

As long as Ive been going to Carlisle Ive wanted an Azure Blue Mach 1. I had gallbladder surgery this summer and had a lot of time to look and to sell my 00 cougar. Found mine on Cars.com in Columbus Indiana. Took a flight out of Pittsburgh, to Philly, to Indy. Got picked up by the dealer and rode an hour to the dealership. Test drove it, signed the paperwork and drove it back to PA all in the same day. The trip was as fun for me and my dad I think as it was to buy the car.

NTMAREMACH 02-05-2012 10:08 AM

Back in early 2004 the wife and I took a trip to Florida to visit her brother and to watch the Pat's win the Super Bowl and of course Janet Jackson. On one of our day trips I seen a couple of new Mustangs whipping around a rotary and I told my wife I'm going through my mid life crisis. After returning home I purchased a 2004 Crimson Red GT Vert. Signed up with the MCA and noticed the M1Registry listed on there links. Checked out the Mach's and said I wish I would of bought one of those instead. A couple years later and many mods including the Mach1 hood and hood scoop. It was my destiny to own a Mach and after 87,000 miles and great memories I traded the GT for a 2004 Mach with 5300 miles. Found the Mach on ebay but didn't meet the reserve so I took the drive to the dealership in RI and after dealing a couple of days the Mach was mine and the GT was there's.

Here's the GT on it's way to the dealer.
http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/t...ny40/018-3.jpg

Here's me at the dealers after making the deal and being fed pizza. They knew that the deal maker was the pizza.
http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/t...08-149_002.jpg

M_A_C_H 02-05-2012 11:18 AM

Originally had a 86 GT that i built up and restored when i was 14/15. Sold it looking to get a newer more reliable stang. Literally just woke up one Saturday and my stepdad told me we are going to look at a car. Went up to the Toyota dealership and this beauty was there. He said it would be ours to share. :COOL:
http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/...X/IMAG0047.jpg
unfortuantly my parents got a divorce last year and i ended up with the mach early. owell!
Stepdad got a new one and we took pics together.[this is before I really waxed it and detailed every square inch ;) ]
http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/...911_154406.jpg

rcode99 02-05-2012 11:35 AM

In late 2002 I got the itch for a Mustang again (had a 65) and began looking at various models. I pretty much had my heart set on a red 1969 Mach 1 with manual trans and 351. It had 11,000 miles on it and still had the plastic seat protectors from the factory. The price was $47,000. I hemmed and hawed and my wife said I would be afraid to drive it, wouldn't want to put a lot of miles on it, didn't have a garage, etc, etc. She suggested getting a new one, which I did in Sept. 03, a DSG 5 sp with IUP. I gave that up in 2006 due to a back problem and found another one in Aug. 2011 with 7,900 miles. Happened across this Azure Blue Mach by accident while visiting another local mustang site. Rest is history.

ASH302 02-05-2012 12:10 PM

Well i had a buddy that worked at the used Ford car dealership. He use to call me when ever they get cobra's or mach's up there and i go have my fun i was in my 2001 mustang that i just got repainted and was enjoyin that.
Well it was Aug 2006, i was fixin to deploy to Iraq my first time in 45 days, Well before i knew i was going to get another mustang i test drove my mach, had my fun with it, was all stock with around 22,000 to 24,000 miles on it, can't member, well i ended up wanting either the silver 2003 Cobra they had or the 2004 SY mach they had, i was in love with that shaker.
Well i ended up trading in my 2001 stang and the plan was cuz my window was fixin to open up to re-up, i used the 2001 mustang as a down payment and then when i re-up i was going to use the bonus to buy her back,
Well no chite they shut off the bonuses the day my window open up. still to this day i'm very sad i didn't get to buy my 2001 Mustang back, but it all worked out. I felt like the luckiest man to have the mach and still do,
Within those 45 days before i deployed, i already had Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter, Bassani Cat-Back, and Steeda CAI. Very fun car and did good for me.
Well thats my story

ASh

XSELLR8 02-05-2012 12:51 PM

This is a story about how wanting something I couldn't afford was squired by patience, hard work, and persistence.
Always wanted one, drooled over a TR in the show room at the local Ford dealership, drooled over more that showed up on used car lots for $18,000, then found mine on the internet for $8k with a broken transmission. Drove 8 hours, was worse than described, drove home! A week later he said he'd drop the price to $6800, so I went back up, babied it home, and went to work. Did all the work myself (except installing new gears and painting the hood).

Here's a slide show I did about it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA6wqxd9krw

punishermach 02-05-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XSELLR8 (Post 1457710)
This is a story about how wanting something I couldn't afford was squired by patience, hard work, and persistence.
Always wanted one, drooled over a TR in the show room at the local Ford dealership, drooled over more that showed up on used car lots for $18,000, then found mine on the internet for $8k with a broken transmission. Drove 8 hours, was worse than described, drove home! A week later he said he'd drop the price to $6800, so I went back up, babied it home, and went to work. Did all the work myself (except installing new gears and painting the hood).

Here's a slide show I did about it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA6wqxd9krw

very cool vid:COOL:

DA5DEUCE 02-05-2012 01:23 PM

For the last 2 years all I ever wanted was either a terminator, GT500, or MACH1. I worked hard for those 2 years still researching on all the cars(specs, quater mile times, ect). The more I looked on youtube of all three cars the more thw mach latched onto me. It was a new edge(which in my opinion is the best styled) and it made good power.

So knowing that I didnt have good credit I was sure I wasnt going to get a low mileage mach under 12k, but I still searched. I was about to give up and settle for any 4v or 3v that I could find :( then a buddy of mine calls me and gives me great news. He found a 03 5spd mach with 80k miles(i know thats alot right) for 10k and some change, and it was a few blocks away. I flew down there with my girlfriend put down 4k since I had bad credit and they said they could finance me. Found out the same day that me and the wifee were having a boy so august 30th 2011 is one of the greatest days of my life.

Sent from compton while avoiding prostitutes, drive by's, and jehovahs witness' while using a android phone

73mach03 02-05-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M_A_C_H (Post 1457684)

It always impresses me when I see how sharp our Mach 1s look when parked next to a newer Mustang. Two very good looking cars there.

TRMach1 02-05-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Dave, I think you and I pretty much mirror each other. I saw that prototype, and said to my wife, if Ford builds that car, I will buy one in a heartbeat! They did, I did, and life is good! :)

nitehunter 02-05-2012 01:42 PM

I had recently totaled my 01 gt in 2008, it was my first stang and was black on black, the car was gourgeous with a little over 50k on it. So the search started and i noticed the orange car on a ford dealership an hour away. I didn't know anything about the mach 1 at the time, but i fell in love right when i heard it start up. Did some paperwork and drove it home that night.

03BumbleBee 02-05-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

I was searching on the internet for a used Mach...project car. I too saw the prototype and told my wife if they build it I would rather go that route. Bought new in Sep.2003 and have never regreted.:COOL:

WhippedMach 02-05-2012 02:51 PM

Went to the dealership, in January of 2005 ....signed the papers that was that