2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

gvervoren 07-07-2007 11:22 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

WOW. What a finish. Congrats to Jamie. That's another w in the win column for Ford.

G 07-07-2007 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 820256)
WOW. What a finish. Congrats to Jamie. That's another w in the win column for Ford.

Great finish. Pretty dang good race. http://www.nearlygood.com/smilies/specool.gif

Thunderbolt 07-07-2007 11:34 PM

That was a sweet azz move by Kyle Bush with 10 laps left. That swing to the inside was awesome. He let it all hang out as usual. Good win for Ford and McMurray.

falcongtho3 07-07-2007 11:44 PM

An absolutely amazing final handful of laps! A win by .004/sec.!!!
And who'd have guessed the 07 would finish 7th on 07/07/07!?!

:borg:

falcongtho3 07-08-2007 07:37 AM

Here's a link to the official announcement of the name change from the Nextel Cup to the Sprint Cup.
http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/head...cup/index.html

Azure Blurr 07-08-2007 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 820272)
And who'd have guessed the 07 would finish 7th on 07/07/07!?!

Thats some of your vewdoo majic ain't it! :surprise:

gvervoren 07-08-2007 09:32 AM

[QUOTE=falcongtho3;820272And who'd have guessed the 07 would finish 7th on 07/07/07!?!

:borg:[/QUOTE]

That's just crazy!!!!

ylopony 07-08-2007 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZURE GIRL (Post 820255)
That was an awesome finish! Atleast it was not one of yloponys boys!!

Your right about one thing there. Kyle Busch may be part of Hendricks but he's not one of my boys. Can't stand the guy. A big congrats to Jamie McMurray. I like the guy. And Carl Edwards as well. In fact, I like the Roush team, it's just that I've liked Gordon ever since he came on. And whether you like him or not, he has helped to make Nascar as popular as it is today.

But hey, Jeff Gordon once again squeezed out a top 5 and was right there for a chance to win. If Johnson or Mears wouldn't have faded at the end, Gordon may have had the car to steal a win with some team support.

After the race there was an excellent documentary on Jeff Gordon. Even if you hate the guy, if you saw that you would even have to admit the work he does off the track. The amount of time he spends with extremly ill children and the Jeff Gordon foundation is incredible. That and the numorous other charities that he is involved with and donates to.

Another footnote on Gordon. They also talked about his relationship with Dale Sr. Once again the Earnhardt fans don't want to hear that their preceived idea that Earnhardt hated and despised Gordon is absolute BS.

Not hard to figure out who my favorite driver is. And I could care less that his neck is not red,tucks his shirt in, don't scratch his balls in public, speaks without drawl, and would rather drink bottled water or wine than Coke with peanuts or Budweiser out of a can. And for his so called gayness not a bad looking guy he married and had a child with. :23:

falcongtho3 07-08-2007 09:48 AM

Rock Hudson was married, too. And there's always artificial insemination.:OOPS:

I did enjoy the small part of 24X24 that I did see, and it is a good look inside the world of a NASCAR driver we rarely see. Gordon seems to really take command in the testing and that is an important part of a good driver/team.

I think I'm finally starting to warm up to Kyle after last night, and yesterday mornings, performance. I'd really like to be in on the next Hendricks team meeting. Listening to the announcers after the race, they siad outright what so many know and won't say: that Busch is the team outcast, and that is due to circumstances not of his making and that he has no team/friends on the track and won't for the rest of the year. If he makes the chase, and that is a stong possibility, it won't be due to the help of any of the drivers who share the same team name that he drives under. Class act, that.

gvervoren 07-08-2007 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 820357)
And for his so called gayness not a bad looking guy he married and had a child with. :23:

I think this all started because they called themselves "The Rainbow Warriors" I think that was a big misstake. Their paint sceme they had when they came to Winston Cup didn't help either. He did do a lot for the sport and I agree, NASCAR wouldn't be where it is today without him. Earnhardt fans don't like him because he's on the verge of breaking all of Sr's records. I hope he does cause I didn't like how Earnhardt raced anyway. He raced too dirty and he wouldn't get away with that now if he was still aound. Again, he was an Earnhardt so he might of.

G 07-08-2007 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 820367)
I think this all started because they called themselves "The Rainbow Warriors" I think that was a big misstake. Their paint sceme they had when they came to Winston Cup didn't help either. He did do a lot for the sport and I agree, NASCAR wouldn't be where it is today without him. Earnhardt fans don't like him because he's on the verge of breaking all of Sr's records. I hope he does cause I didn't like how Earnhardt raced anyway. He raced too dirty and he wouldn't get away with that now if he was still aound. Again, he was an Earnhardt so he might of.

Funny that when ESPN did the show Ultimate NASCAR and bio'd the top 20 drivers ---- Dale Sr was #1. There's not one driver that has called Sr a dirty driver and got away with it. He was tough but fair. If you're in front of him and slower, the choice was your's --- move or be moved.

When you ask modern era drivers who they would most like to win racing against???? The first name you always hear is Dale Sr, Gordon is also mentioned and I think there are very different reasons for those names. They're frustrated and flat beaten by Gordon but they feared Big E. He would get in your head and very few drivers could deal with it.

I reject the notion that Big E got special treatment from NASCAR, he was given respect for his leadership. No need to debate these names because ESPN got their top 20 way wrong.

Joe Weatherly
David Pearson
Richard Petty
Cale Yarborough
Glenn Roberts
Bobby Allison
Tim Flock
and yes Jeff Gordon

G 07-08-2007 12:17 PM

Check out the ESPN schedule starting 23 July in the link below, some excellent topics. :smokin:

http://www.sportsfeatures.com/index....=show&id=40386

ylopony 07-08-2007 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 820359)
Rock Hudson was married, too. And there's always artificial insemination.:OOPS:

I did enjoy the small part of 24X24 that I did see, and it is a good look inside the world of a NASCAR driver we rarely see. Gordon seems to really take command in the testing and that is an important part of a good driver/team.

I think I'm finally starting to warm up to Kyle after last night, and yesterday mornings, performance. I'd really like to be in on the next Hendricks team meeting. Listening to the announcers after the race, they siad outright what so many know and won't say: that Busch is the team outcast, and that is due to circumstances not of his making and that he has no team/friends on the track and won't for the rest of the year. If he makes the chase, and that is a stong possibility, it won't be due to the help of any of the drivers who share the same team name that he drives under. Class act, that.

Rock portrayed himself as a tough guy mans man. Same image that JR. portrays. Hmm, he's single, he lived with another Nascar driver in the same apartment. Perhaps JR. is gay. LOL(J/K)

Kyle Busch is not liked for the same reason that his brother, and Juan Montoya are not liked. They are reckless, hot headed, don't have concept for team, and are self serving and centered. A real shame because both of the Busch's have great talent. But great talent don't make a great driver. Until they can control themselves they'll never achieve their potential as drivers.

G 07-08-2007 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 820419)
Rock portrayed himself as a tough guy mans man. Same image that JR. portrays. Hmm, he's single, he lived with another Nascar driver in the same apartment. Perhaps JR. is gay. LOL(J/K)

Kyle Busch is not liked for the same reason that his brother, and Juan Montoya are not liked. They are reckless, hot headed, don't have concept for team, and are self serving and centered. A real shame because both of the Busch's have great talent. But great talent don't make a great driver. Until they can control themselves they'll never achieve their potential as drivers.

:secret: For your own protection --- don't go saying stuff like that about Jr in the infield at Talladega --- those folks are crazy http://www.nearlygood.com/smilies/omg.gif

ylopony 07-08-2007 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 820437)
:secret: For your own protection --- don't go saying stuff like that about Jr in the infield at Talladega --- those folks are crazy http://www.nearlygood.com/smilies/omg.gif

:agree: I've been at Talladega, I put my life at risk by wearing a #24 cap. I think the only thing that spared me was that I was also wearing an Earnhardt t-shirt.

04VAMach1 07-08-2007 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 820419)

When did the topic switch to Tony Stewart?

ylopony 07-08-2007 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04VAMach1 (Post 820497)
When did the topic switch to Tony Stewart?

How could I forget Tony Stewart. :23:

birdman941 07-08-2007 08:17 PM

Earnhardt Sr. was known as "Ironhead" before the marketing farce
known as "The Intimidator".
He could not pass anyone without hitting them or putting them into the wall.
This is why I think Jr. is a much better driver than his daddy ever was.
He was also an alcoholic.
Sr. was at a local Chebby dealership in 91 or so,
and a buddy of mine allegedly went to get an autograph.
(More on that for another time)
My buddy said he smelled of hard liquor.
Witness the race at Darlington, where on the pace lap,
"Ironhead" went and hit the wall.
Ever wonder why? :CHEERS: :CHEERS: :CHEERS:

falcongtho3 07-08-2007 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 820558)
How could I forget Tony Stewart. :23:

I'm sure his team mate hasn't. Stewart punted him real good, like it was the last lap...not that that would be a good excuse...

ylopony 07-08-2007 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 820622)
I'm sure his team mate hasn't. Stewart punted him real good, like it was the last lap...not that that would be a good excuse...

Your not kidding there. And he was an even bigger idiot with his comments after the race about his teammate. :wtf:

Blackpony04 07-08-2007 11:00 PM

Finally watched the race on DVR (had to pick my Mom up at the airport last night d'oh) and have to say that was one hell of a great race. Wreck fest and a photo finish?!? WOW!! :worship: About frickin' time I watched an exciting race!

I'm normally a Tony supporter (not a fan per se but I like his enthusiasm) but that was not Denny's fault and to blame him for the wreck was idiotic. Sure Denny checked up but that's because Tony took the air out from under him and he lost grip---duh! :angry:

G 07-08-2007 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 820564)
Earnhardt Sr. was known as "Ironhead" before the marketing farce
known as "The Intimidator".
He could not pass anyone without hitting them or putting them into the wall.
This is why I think Jr. is a much better driver than his daddy ever was.
He was also an alcoholic.
Sr. was at a local Chebby dealership in 91 or so,
and a buddy of mine allegedly went to get an autograph.
(More on that for another time)
My buddy said he smelled of hard liquor.
Witness the race at Darlington, where on the pace lap,
"Ironhead" went and hit the wall.
Ever wonder why? :CHEERS: :CHEERS: :CHEERS:

These rumors are as true as Gordon being gay and Bill Clinton really being Elvis. Dale Sr probably had a time or two when he drank to excess, he was not a drunk. He was one of the most courageous drivers to ever strap on a car and one of the most talented as well. He walked the walk and backed up any challenge put before him. He is considered the greatest ever by many and they have good reason to feel that way.

Frankly the rumors after the Darlington race in 97 were pretty bad but they didn't involve drugs or alcohol. He overcame whatever it was and raced with great success until his death.

It's ok to not like Dale Sr or NASCAR in general but we should stick to the facts. Folks love and respect Big E for a reason, he wasn't the King but he was the man.
http://www.nearlygood.com/smilies/drive1.gif

G 07-08-2007 11:33 PM

No words needed!!!

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...sjeffsass2.jpg

birdman941 07-08-2007 11:56 PM

I know what my buddy told me after he returned from the autograph session.
I have no reason to doubt what he told me.

G 07-09-2007 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 820677)
I know what my buddy told me after he returned from the autograph session.
I have no reason to doubt what he told me.

I'm not saying it didn't happen but if it did that was a rare moment. :cool:

It's not worth debating because there is NO proof and to tell you the truth an autograph session may cause me to take a drink too. A physical exam cleared him to race again after Darlington and his autopsy showed no sign of alcoholism. He was in great health all organs were unremarkable and totally clean tox report.

I thought he was a good man and can't imagine my mind being changed at this point. http://www.nearlygood.com/smilies/peace43653.gif