2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

ylopony 05-16-2009 07:27 AM

Re: NASCAR thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by 311-420 (Post 1151469)
neither you or I understand the pressure and hard work that those guys put into each race. to be able to hold your tongue and walk away when you have nothing better to say takes alot of self control and maturity. alot of drivers will spew bs at the camera and make themselves look stupid. alot of those drivers that do this are much older than kyle bush, too.

And Kyle Busch doesn't understand the pressure and hard work that I and the guys in my field, or most of everyone on this site put in every day on the job. Unfortunately most of us can't walk away and hold our tongues. We have to deal with the issues and be professional.

As for Busch showing maturity, you really can't be serious are you? He has to be one of the most immature drivers I have ever seen. Regardless if he is under 25 or over 40, he acts 16(even most of them are more mature). There is nothing mature about ripping your team in the open, complaining, and treating media rudely.Dealing with the media comes with the job. If he don't like it, he can go sell Toyota's instead of racing one.

There really are not that many drivers who spew bs at the camera and make themselves look stupid. That honor went to Tony Stewart and Kurt Busch. But even they have calmed down. Nope Kyle Busch is in a league of his own. Fortunately in life there are very few pathetic, egotistical, full of themselves, jackasses as this guy is.

Azure Blurr 05-16-2009 07:18 PM

Saturday night racing! Allstar race Baby! Its the only one I will watch completely, or until I fall asleep. I usually wake up with 10 to go.

falcongtho3 05-16-2009 07:40 PM

I'd love to, but since they decied to only show it on the (lack of)Speed Channel, it won't be on here. That makes nearly as much sense as funelling the Indy 500 qualifying to the (no one's ever heard of) Versus network.
So...'till next week!

:borg:

Thunderbolt 05-16-2009 08:55 PM

16 time champion Ric Flair!!! Wooooooooooooo!!! :31: :31: :31:

G 05-16-2009 09:14 PM

Woooooooooooooooooooooo indeed. :23:

ylopony 05-16-2009 11:02 PM

I'm not going to place blame here or even say he's at fault, but once again Kyle Busch is involved in a wreck that takes a car out. :12:

Thunderbolt 05-16-2009 11:22 PM

What a great race!! The final 10 lap segment was incredible. Kyle Busch has balls of steel with that move he made. When they showed the replay from what I saw Gordon tapped Busch and then Busch got into Newman. I've got nothing against Stewart winning. Good job to him.

Azure Blurr 05-16-2009 11:25 PM

Just tight racing. Newman had it wrapped up if he had not hit the wall. Shrub has some nads!!!

ylopony 05-17-2009 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1152285)
What a great race!! The final 10 lap segment was incredible. Kyle Busch has balls of steel with that move he made. When they showed the replay from what I saw Gordon tapped Busch and then Busch got into Newman. I've got nothing against Stewart winning. Good job to him.

Here's what I saw. I saw Newman running the high line and Jeff Gordon running a low line.These lines were run all night. Kyle Busch decided to get aggressive and run a middle line. If you recall, Busch stacked them pretty good a few minutes earlier with his "balls of steel" move. Kyle created this line with his aggressiveness. As a result all three of those cars became a non factor after that point. With a little patience and some common sense I think that Busch may very well have won that race.

I don't queston his ability, his agressive nature, or that he has the makings to be a great champion. But until he learns some patience and chooses more wisely he's going to continue having nights like last night.

It's funny how different people see different things. I guess a Gordon fan will see it as Kyle's fault. A Busch fan will see it as Gordon's. Either way with a little common sense this would not have happened. Never the less it was exciting as heck.

Thunderbolt 05-17-2009 12:37 PM

I'm all about making it exciting. Busch takes alot of chances and I'm sure he plays by the rule of trying anything once. Next week he might take out half the field with some other move, or wrecking someone out of the way and I'll condemn him. I'm not a Kyle Busch fan at all, but his aggressiveness can glue you to the tv because you never know what he's gonna do. Very unpredictable.

falcongtho3 05-17-2009 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1152402)
but his aggressiveness can glue you to the tv because you never know what he's gonna do. Very unpredictable.

I'm quite sure the other 42 guys on the track feel differently about him in this regard.

Thunderbolt 05-17-2009 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1152404)
I'm quite sure the other 42 guys on the track feel differently about him in this regard.

I'm sure they do, but then you have people on here whining that the races are boring too.

ylopony 05-17-2009 02:26 PM

Here's what I really hate(other than his disregard to other drivers) about the punk(yes Kyle). After that race Ryan Newman and Jeff Gordon were accessible to the media. Both were professional, and yes both were dissapointed. But the point is they treated the media and the fans with respect, didn't shoot accusations, and made an appearance.

What did Kyle do? The same thing he always does when he don't win. He storms out, brushes off the media, and then goes and whines in his trailer. If the idiot wins a race he mocks the crowd with his pathetic bow, gloats in front of the camera with his freaking ears flapping, and talks about how great he is and the team. When he loses he's a loser and when he wins he's an even bigger loser.

gvervoren 05-17-2009 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 1152431)
Here's what I really hate(other than his disregard to other drivers) about the punk(yes Kyle). After that race Ryan Newman and Jeff Gordon were accessible to the media. Both were professional, and yes both were dissapointed. But the point is they treated the media and the fans with respect, didn't shoot accusations, and made an appearance.

What did Kyle do? The same thing he always does when he don't win. He storms out, brushes off the media, and then goes and whines in his trailer. If the idiot wins a race he mocks the crowd with his pathetic bow, gloats in front of the camera with his freaking ears flapping, and talks about how great he is and the team. When he loses he's a loser and when he wins he's an even bigger loser.

I would have to agree with you on all aspects here. ^^^^

Although Kyle is a great driver, he is impatient and very immature in my opinion. He does make it an exciting race once in awhile but I think he needs to think of what he is doing to the other teams by his actions too.

Blackpony04 05-17-2009 03:56 PM

I actually can say I enjoyed 10 laps of a NASCAR race in 2009! Whodathunkit?!?

02mach1 05-18-2009 12:35 PM

Who will be last lap of the 600, I hope be one of the Roush cars:wings:

Thunderbolt 05-24-2009 09:55 PM

I saw on the Nascar website that during the long rain delay for the 600 they drug tested 10 drivers. That would be an unexpected time for a whiz quiz.

falcongtho3 05-24-2009 11:34 PM

Looks like the 'delay' turned into a 'see ya tomorrow' event.

I like the fact that Busch gotten totally robbed of his Nationwide victory. I really like what the winner, Bliss, said about it. He said he knew it was pretty much handed to him, and he was happy about it and besides, Kyle had already won too many and nobody liked him anyway!

G 05-25-2009 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1155216)
Looks like the 'delay' turned into a 'see ya tomorrow' event.

I like the fact that Busch gotten totally robbed of his Nationwide victory. I really like what the winner, Bliss, said about it. He said he knew it was pretty much handed to him, and he was happy about it and besides, Kyle had already won too many and nobody liked him anyway!

He shouldn't have said that, someone could get their feelings hurt. It's not that I don't like Kyle ..........................................

Wait, that is it. I don't like Kyle at all. :23: :23: :23:

Azure Blurr 05-25-2009 07:28 AM

Who knows what time and channel it will be on?

falcongtho3 05-25-2009 07:45 AM

Should be noon eastern on Fox from what they said yesterday.

Thunderbolt 05-25-2009 06:59 PM

Chalk up another cheap win for Michael Waltrip and/or his race team. That's two rainout wins and two wins by being blocked for by either or both Earnhardt's. D.W. was talking up Michael's trophy case. Try winning a race legitimately for once.

Azure Blurr 05-25-2009 07:06 PM

I bet Kyle feels like crap!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........

falcongtho3 05-25-2009 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure Blurr (Post 1155458)
I bet Kyle feels like crap!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........

He didn't seem that way in the post race interview...oh, wait...he didn't do one!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

(And Carl ended up top 5! )

02mach1 05-25-2009 09:08 PM

the weather doesn't look for next race:soapbox: