2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Eco Road Rage (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=116337)

Mikestang 09-14-2011 04:22 PM

Eco Road Rage

Last week a buddie was talking about traveling north on i-87 in the third lane minding his own business at about 75 mph

All of the sudden out of the second lane a prius pulls in front of him doing 55mph and pretty much cuts him off forcing him to slow down.....

He mentioned the tag on the car was 60mpg....... .

Today I am on my way hom in the third lane same streach of road I am going about 75 to 80 mph and the 3rd lane is clear all of the sudden SAME THING SAME GUY SAME CAR pulls over from the first lane to the 3rd lane and trys to slow me down... at this point the second lane and the first lane were clear so i just swerved to aviod ramming his prius at 80mpg.......

WTF this guy did the same thing to two ppl basicly driving the same place and the same speed. I dont think its an accident I think the guy has an issue with "gass guzzlers" wasting gas......

2k4mach 09-14-2011 04:24 PM

Re: Eco Road Rage

cool story bro but ive never heard of anyone avoiding hitting something at 80MPG lol

Explosive 09-14-2011 04:30 PM

IMO that would warrant the departure of solid objects from my window into said vehicle....

jaimoe 09-14-2011 04:41 PM

I didn't think a Prius could even go that fast.

donjuaniii 09-14-2011 05:00 PM

It would be time to mount a video camera...:smokin:

Mach1tosh 09-14-2011 06:00 PM

Both you & your buddy should file written complaints against this driver. At least the PD will have a chat with him, just be sure and say that yes you will be willing to go to court should it be necessary. That should smarten up the **** head.

shadowmaker 09-14-2011 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikestang (Post 1423023)
Last week a buddie was talking about traveling north on i-87 in the third lane minding his own business at about 75 mph

All of the sudden out of the second lane a prius pulls in front of him doing 55mph and pretty much cuts him off forcing him to slow down.....

He mentioned the tag on the car was 60mpg....... .

Today I am on my way hom in the third lane same streach of road I am going about 75 to 80 mph and the 3rd lane is clear all of the sudden SAME THING SAME GUY SAME CAR pulls over from the first lane to the 3rd lane and trys to slow me down... at this point the second lane and the first lane were clear so i just swerved to aviod ramming his prius at 80mpg.......

WTF this guy did the same thing to two ppl basicly driving the same place and the same speed. I dont think its an accident I think the guy has an issue with "gass guzzlers" wasting gas......

Its prius, no straight dude should drive one, if you do, you look like a twat. Sounds like hes trying to get hit so he can get something else.

4a7191a 09-14-2011 11:37 PM

id consider death before driving a prius.

wigsite 09-15-2011 09:08 AM

I swear every Prius driver I se near me is driving 75-80 mph. Seems counter intuitive to why you have the car in the first place. Some people take their role as guardian of the passing lane seriously.

TRmachwon 09-15-2011 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wigsite (Post 1423262)
I swear every Prius driver I se near me is driving 75-80 mph. Seems counter intuitive to why you have the car in the first place. Some people take their role as guardian of the passing lane seriously.

Haha this, I've been passed by priuses going 80+ in the left lane on multiple occasions. Real head scratcher.

CO Mack 09-15-2011 11:36 AM

Gopro time for the hyper-mile terrorist.

But as far as Priuses, they're not a bad people mover and get good milage. They've moved beyond the saving the world market, so seeing one being driven normally should not be a surprise.

My wife an I are pretty sure we're going to buy a Nissan Leaf. We're not trying to save the world, just looking for a low maintenance and total cost of ownership vehicle for commuting and running around town.

np_mach1 09-15-2011 01:25 PM

Sounds like the time to pull a Richard Petty and put his *** in the grass down in the median