2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Engine & Drivetrain (Including trans & rear axles) (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Going to start my port and polish of my intake tonight (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27715)

Comp Orange 04 01-26-2005 11:02 PM

The verdict is in !!

Well after the smoke has cleared looks like the port job was a wash. Initial pull was 287.6 RWHP and 303.4 RWTQ. That is close to my final dyno of 285 RWHP and 306 RWTQ after my exhaust mods. These were done on different dynojets so there will be a slight variance in the numbers.

I think I will see the benefits of the port job when/if I get some long tube headers. But in this thread:

http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/...ad.php?t=29396

I have posted the dyno sheet. VERY good gains after the tune in area under the curve. SCT is selling a quality product. Plus having the man who calibrated the Mach 1's computer do your tune is also a benefit! So heres to you Mach 1 Cal Man :yeh: :hail1: :hail1: :worship:

I learned a lot. We had a great supporting cast of pictures and insights from fellow Machers and Cobra owners during the whole project and dang if I didn't learn a lot about my engine.

So I am sure people will ask "Was it worth it?" And I will say "You bet it was" I may not see it now but I know it will show itself as I slowly continue to evolve the car. Who knows... maybe I will shop for some headers for next winters project.... pics to follow :)

Thanks for all the support, and those of you in the Illinois/Missouri area, think about Mach 1 Cal man for all your tuning needs and R&T Unlimited for their excellent support.

nailman28 02-07-2005 08:34 PM

Re: Going to start my port and polish of my intake tonight

great job. and dont make the intake runners smooth cuz you dont want the air to just flow in there you want it to spiral in there and mix with the fuel. so just clean the edges up and kinda leave em rough. great work tho none the less

Nazman 02-07-2005 11:35 PM

How about if you put 8 Spiramax into each of the runners? :23: That will make the air spiral!!! Thats about 60RWHP gain and 45MPG!!! :23: :rolleyses

pdmustgt 02-09-2005 02:32 AM

Oh the tornado I still laugh when I see the tv ad....

steven 03-26-2005 02:12 AM

the tornado doesnt fit our cars, does it ......im not using it , but i bet it doesnt work.

Fosters 02-24-2006 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steven
the tornado doesnt fit our cars, does it ......im not using it , but i bet it doesnt work.

I betcha they'd charge double the price if they made one big enough to fit a JLT cai :p

Phil 02-24-2006 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder
:23: :23: :23: :23:
Nailman..........go back to your car manual!
Our intakes only handle AIR
Thanks for the laugh though! Today has been a "testing" one! :yeh:

LMOA!!!!!!!

8616v 02-24-2006 04:43 PM

when epoxing the manifold back togather...what kind of postive pressure would it take before epoxy fails and the manifold blows apart at the seam?

Fosters 02-24-2006 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8616v
when epoxing the manifold back togather...what kind of postive pressure would it take before epoxy fails and the manifold blows apart at the seam?

i donno, but i don't like that idea at all... take it from an ex 96gt owner, exploding intakes are not fun at all!

birdman941 03-06-2006 08:08 PM

Does anyone know if Orangeblast still doing intakes?

birdman941 03-06-2006 08:20 PM

I have heard nothing but great things about his work.
Itching to get stuff done here.

8616v 03-07-2006 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder
No one is doing that anymore.

doing what...epoxing the manifold back togather?

Angus66 03-07-2006 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941
Does anyone know if Orangeblast still doing intakes?

Yes he is....

... he's doing one for my Mach right now. :cool:

toad 08-22-2006 02:12 AM

I read this whole thread just now. Good reading too. ***** :THUMBSUP:

Aerowrench 01-03-2007 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Comp Orange 04 (Post 279667)
Well the process has started. Let me tell you getting those dang port plugs out was a pain in the ***! Tried many a technique and when all the smoke cleared I wound up drilling a pilot hole, making it bigger with screwdrivers prying up at the same time, then forcing it out with vise grips. Here is a picture (I believe) of the part number for the freeze plugs:

And started the process. I need to go out and get a little rougher grit set of stones for my dremel so I will post more later. This is going to take a while....

The numbers you see are the port plug part # Prefix and Suffix. You'll need to get the basic part # (middle #) to complete it. Your local Ford guy should have it, might be the same "basic #" as the manifold.

I'd try aluminum-oxide sanding drums/ cones or a rotary file/ double-cut bit to rough it out. Just a thought.

ster!nn 03-03-2007 10:47 PM

Hey, I've been reading this thread over and over for a few months now and I finally got the nerve to tackle it.
For the past 1 1/2 hours I've been disassemblying my intake and finally got the lower intake out. What a pain ERG, bah.

Anyway, I see that people have been epoxying the lower back together. What's everyone's opinion on that? Weld or epoxy? I'll start the grinding tomorrow and the rest of the week.

Nazman 03-04-2007 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ster!nn (Post 755804)
Hey, I've been reading this thread over and over for a few months now and I finally got the nerve to tackle it.
For the past 1 1/2 hours I've been disassemblying my intake and finally got the lower intake out. What a pain ERG, bah.

Anyway, I see that people have been epoxying the lower back together. What's everyone's opinion on that? Weld or epoxy? I'll start the grinding tomorrow and the rest of the week.

Angus66 03-04-2007 07:10 AM

Looks great Naz! :THUMBSUP:

Nazman 03-04-2007 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angus66 (Post 755889)
Looks great Naz! :THUMBSUP:

Thanks brother!:D

ster!nn 03-04-2007 04:06 PM

Why do you do epoxy work on the bottom side where the plugs are? For better flow eliminating sharp edges?