2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   Body, Chassis & Interior (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   brain storming the outside look. (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137123)

ASH302 11-03-2020 08:55 AM

brain storming the outside look.

Honestly, I did not know what the title should be for this, but I already had one on the FR500's and figure that one is pretty much wrapped up and it will flow over to this one.
I am pretty much going to go with a copper or broze color on the rims, I think going with white would be more work to keep clean and I'm sorry, but I have a bunch of other things that I would need to do than worry about keeping the rims clean.
On the rims, I will just spray them with plasti-dip to see how they would look and then go from there.
So here we go on the outside. I am looking to see if I can find a hood stripe kit with just the pin stripe part in red, I showed on the other thread how red can go with black and be on a white car and I like it
So question is does anyone know where I can find a place to do a custom stripe with a TR color?

I was thinking really hard on the side stripe and what I think would be best is just adding a red pin stripe with the stock decal and not change the whole thing to red.

On the rear bumper I have the black inserts and I know I could find the rear bumper inserts that are just an outline and I am sure that I can find them in red.

ASh

ASH302 11-03-2020 08:56 AM

Re: brain storming the outside look.

4 Attachment(s)
Here is one that someone had done in red, so I wonder where they found it.

ASh

ASH302 11-03-2020 09:00 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The other route for going red on the hood, would be to add this decal onto the hood, which I've seen and liked when I had seen it.
Either do the one that is solid or do the one that has Mach 1 in the decal.

ASh

ASH302 11-03-2020 09:08 AM

4 Attachment(s)
found these, at least give yall an ideal if you haven't seen in person.

ASh

TRbetngu 11-03-2020 10:00 AM

Let me preface this by saying this is just my opinion, which is normally trash.

But I think adding bronze AND red to a black and white color scheme may over complicate the look of the car. I'm a big believer of keeping the looks of my car simple, so I personally stick to the black and Azure Blue theme. But, I can appreciate a white car on clean bronze or copper wheels. Adding red to the stripe on the hood would give the car an identity crisis I think.

Again, just my .02.

ab_mach1 11-03-2020 12:46 PM

Only my opinion as well...

I think going all red Mach stripe kit would be pretty cool. I think I'd keep the FR's black, but red might not be too crazy.

ASH302 11-03-2020 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRbetngu (Post 1637250)
Let me preface this by saying this is just my opinion, which is normally trash.

But I think adding bronze AND red to a black and white color scheme may over complicate the look of the car. I'm a big believer of keeping the looks of my car simple, so I personally stick to the black and Azure Blue theme. But, I can appreciate a white car on clean bronze or copper wheels. Adding red to the stripe on the hood would give the car an identity crisis I think.

Again, just my .02.

Thank you for your thoughts, I am starting to think of what you were saying before I came back on here.
I believe I'll hold off on the wheels and leave them black, but believe I am going with the red parts i'm wanting done.

It drives me crazy when people ask for what others thoughts are and either the person giving them is just flat out rude, instead of how you wrote yours and it was very respectful.
or
You have the OP that gets upset when someone goes against their thoughts.

Again, I was already thinking with what you were saying about the wheels and red.

ASh

ASH302 11-03-2020 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ab_mach1 (Post 1637251)
Only my opinion as well...

I think going all red Mach stripe kit would be pretty cool. I think I'd keep the FR's black, but red might not be too crazy.

yeap, i'm now planning on keeping the FR500s black.
I dont' know about going full red, lol, but some red thrown into with the black.

ASh

ASH302 11-04-2020 01:17 PM

Well I watched some videos on on pinstriping and believe i'm going to give it a try around the outline on the hood. A role was about $5 bucks and so we will see what happens, lol.
Don't know when I'll get to this but hope soon.

Was considering what one suggested and that is to do the hood and side decal in red, I found a place that sells them. If I went that route I would do the rear bumper inserts in red also.

We will see what happens.

ASh

TRbetngu 11-05-2020 12:52 PM

Pin striping isn't hard. May take a minute to get used to it, but after a while you'll have it down. Don't be afraid to reset the line if it isn't quite right. Good luck! Also, don't forget :gotpics:

ASH302 11-05-2020 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRbetngu (Post 1637257)
Pin striping isn't hard. May take a minute to get used to it, but after a while you'll have it down. Don't be afraid to reset the line if it isn't quite right. Good luck! Also, don't forget :gotpics:

I was watching videos and honestly it doesn't look hard at all.

Later I'll write up the different ways i'm thinking of doing it.
I got to remember that I will still have the black spoiler, so need to take that into consideration.

Honestly there are three different routes I could go with this.
I also first will be pinstriping over the black one that is there, it is mess up on the pass side small one, but there is a reason why i'm going over it for now and i'll explain why soon.

ASh

ASH302 11-05-2020 05:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is one of the reasons why I need to do the pinstripe part on the hood. It is messed up.

ASh

ASH302 11-05-2020 05:41 PM

Option 1: Swap the hood decal, side decal, and rear bumper inserts to red.
Option 2: Keep the black middle hood decal, pinstriping red, rear bumper inserts with red outline.
Option 3 Keep the black middle hood decal, fix the pinstriping and keep it black. Add the outside hood decal in red (either solid or one that says mach 1). Switch the side decal to red or keep it black and rear bumper inserts red.

This is basically what I’m thinking, remember the spoiler is going to stay black.
Let me know your thoughts.

ASh

ASH302 11-05-2020 10:48 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Alright so went out and gave it a go, this was pretty quick and think it came out pretty good for how fast it went.

What are your thoughts?
I like it to be honest.

ASh

TRbetngu 11-06-2020 09:46 AM

That looks awesome! Very clean!

ab_mach1 11-06-2020 12:52 PM

That turned out really good. Nice work Ash!

ASH302 11-15-2020 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRbetngu (Post 1637267)
That looks awesome! Very clean!

Thanks, it does look good.
I think i'll do the rear bumper inserts in red and also might get the outside stripes in red and leave the middle and side decal black.

ASh

ASH302 11-15-2020 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ab_mach1 (Post 1637269)
That turned out really good. Nice work Ash!

Thank you kind sir. I think it turned out really nice, something so simple, but yet makes a diff.

ASh

ASH302 11-16-2020 08:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
something so simple, but yet makes a big change.
I'm loving the red mixed in with the white and black.

ASh

311-420 11-16-2020 12:05 PM

Looks good! A little splash of red can make a big difference.

Big Ron 11-17-2020 05:34 PM

and you probably didn't know but that little red stripe added about 10 hp......

Big Ron

ASH302 11-17-2020 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Ron (Post 1637304)
and you probably didn't know but that little red stripe added about 10 hp......

Big Ron

I knew something felt different after putting that on. lol :rolleyses

ASh

ASH302 11-17-2020 10:07 PM

Well ordered the red rear bumper inserts,
I forgot to say, because it has been so long since i've did them, but on my 09 F350 FX4 I did the super duty on the hood and tail gate in red and the truck is white. so guess i'm just keeping that theme going.

Also going to do the red pin stripe on the side, i'm going to do it on the bottom line. Don't know when i'll do that, but sometime soon I hope.

ASh

ASH302 11-22-2020 05:31 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Side pinstriping done, I like it.
Hard to see, but it is there. Really happy with it.
Ready for the rear bumper insert decals to come in.

ab_mach1 11-24-2020 11:45 PM

Looks good man!