2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Exhaust Opinions (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=135974)

Lucillethemach 05-19-2017 03:14 PM

Exhaust Opinions

I purchased an Azure Blue Mach 1 that currently has a stock midpipe with the front two cats removed. The back two are still plugged up and my catback is the SSS terminator catback. Car sounds really good and aggressive without any smell. I purchased a UPR offroad-X and a Mac Flowpath Catback. What would be the sound difference and or power gains from going to my new setup?

TRbetngu 05-19-2017 04:19 PM

Re: Exhaust Opinions

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucillethemach (Post 1626504)
I purchased an Azure Blue Mach 1 that currently has a stock midpipe with the front two cats removed. The back two are still plugged up and my catback is the SSS terminator catback. Car sounds really good and aggressive without any smell. I purchased a UPR offroad-X and a Mac Flowpath Catback. What would be the sound difference and or power gains from going to my new setup?

Welcome to the registry! The mods may move this thread to the "Exhaust" section, but that's okay. I personally don't have any experience with either of those catbacks, but I can say with certain confidence that the new setup will be louder, a little raspier, and will give you a bit more power. If I were you, I'd keep that SSS catback and maybe consider switching just the X pipe for a little while. Run that for a month or two and then switch over to the new catback just for comparison purposes. I know the SSS systems are pretty sought after pipes.

slomach03 05-19-2017 04:21 PM

Maybe you'll pick up a little torque but I doubt it. Sound wise you should be a bit louder since UPR is usually raspy and loud.

jbrad88 05-19-2017 07:27 PM

Welcome to the registry...

Kinda Biased toward the SSS system myself...:eyebrows:

I bought a couple replacement cats from Late Model Restoration. They are on their site for @170$

Get those cut into your h-pipe replacing the two that are clogged would be a cheaper option then getting a new catted x or h....

I have an old x-pipe that i did that to. Worked out great...just have to find a muffler shop that will replace the clogged ones for you...

Lucillethemach 05-22-2017 04:24 PM

Thanks for the Replies!

Thunderbolt 05-27-2017 01:12 PM

The offroad pipe will definitely make your exhaust sound raspier and louder. Power gains are minimal. Long tube headers will give decent gains. Find the midpipe and catback you like and stick with it. Buying numerous midpipe/catback combo's makes no sense to me. Money down a manhole that can go towards other mods instead.