2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

03mach69mach 07-10-2008 08:13 AM

Re: NASCAR thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1017854)
Plus, he's had to hand the limelight over to Dumbo! As well as the new kid they've got running for JGR...

:borg:

I think that is more the reason than Toyota!!

Hey Tony, Enjoy being as competative as Michael Waltrip in your new team!! Take Mike's advice, get as much $$ up front before they see how crappy you run, cheat a little and complain alot, that should get a couple of years before your sponsors begin to bail (if you don't get thrown in jail for punching a kid who asks for an autograph after your 20 consecutive crappy finish).

On a seperate topic, Anyone see the stories about how few fans they had at the Daytona Firecracker 400 (yeah, I know that is what they used to call it back in the day!)
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2040970/posts

Love the comments on this story. And I love how they blame the lower numbers on the economy. Check the stats on all race tracks over the last couple of years, most will have similiar declines. Heck, if you want spring Bristol tickets, you can buy lots for under face! You might even be able to get some good deals on August race tickets if you look around and stay away from ebay!! Thanks to NASCAR & the powers in control for screwing up a really great sport.

02mach1 07-10-2008 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03mach69mach (Post 1018013)
I think that is more the reason than Toyota!!

Hey Tony, Enjoy being as competative as Michael Waltrip in your new team!! Take Mike's advice, get as much $$ up front before they see how crappy you run, cheat a little and complain alot, that should get a couple of years before your sponsors begin to bail (if you don't get thrown in jail for punching a kid who asks for an autograph after your 20 consecutive crappy finish).

On a seperate topic, Anyone see the stories about how few fans they had at the Daytona Firecracker 400 (yeah, I know that is what they used to call it back in the day!)
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2040970/posts

Love the comments on this story. And I love how they blame the lower numbers on the economy. Check the stats on all race tracks over the last couple of years, most will have similiar declines. Heck, if you want spring Bristol tickets, you can buy lots for under face! You might even be able to get some good deals on August race tickets if you look around and stay away from ebay!! Thanks to NASCAR & the powers in control for screwing up a really great sport.

And another thing is gas prices to, people are not going to,

gvervoren 07-10-2008 07:24 PM

I am paying a lot for the tickets I'm getting for the August Bristol race. $0.00 :3amin:

03mach69mach 07-10-2008 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 1018271)
I am paying a lot for the tickets I'm getting for the August Bristol race. $0.00 :3amin:

It used to be a great race when there were drivers I cared about and hated. Now, I just don't care about any of them. You will have a great time. Bristol is an experiance besides the race. Are you camping or staying at a hotel? Do you know where your seats are located?

ylopony 07-11-2008 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 1018271)

I wish I could say that about my tickets and hotel. :eyes:

falcongtho3 07-11-2008 07:47 AM

Just read that 'Zippy' is not going with Stewrat to Haas/CNC. Very surprised at that. They worked very well together.
With Cup qualifying rained out for Saturday nights race, it'll give more cars the chance to pass up Dumbo...maybe even some Chevys as well!

03mach69mach 07-11-2008 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1018469)
Just read that 'Zippy' is not going with Stewrat to Haas/CNC. Very surprised at that. They worked very well together.
With Cup qualifying rained out for Saturday nights race, it'll give more cars the chance to pass up Dumbo...maybe even some Chevys as well!

I heard that also. Also heard that Home Depot is staying with Joe Gibbs. Gibbs is tight with the Co-Founder of Home Depot/ Owner of Atlanta Falcons, Arther Blank.

We should start a pool on when Tony looses it and lashes out at a fan/reporter/crew member/crew chief/nascar official/grandmother/child/puppy as an owner! I say at either the Richmond or Bristol races.

gvervoren 07-11-2008 06:58 PM

I'm not sure where the seats are yet cause we will get our tickets in a couple of weeks but we are staying in a hotel in Sevierville (Not sure on the spelling). This will be my second time at Bristol. I went to the day race a few years back.

ylopony 07-12-2008 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03mach69mach (Post 1018494)
I heard that also. Also heard that Home Depot is staying with Joe Gibbs. Gibbs is tight with the Co-Founder of Home Depot/ Owner of Atlanta Falcons, Arther Blank.

We should start a pool on when Tony looses it and lashes out at a fan/reporter/crew member/crew chief/nascar official/grandmother/child/puppy as an owner! I say at either the Richmond or Bristol races.

I say it will be this weekend in Chicago. This will happen as a result of a three car accident. Dumbo ears will take out Stewart and Hamlin in the final laps of the race knocking them out of 1 & 2. Busch will say for some reason they were not using their hp advantage and I was, so I moved them out of the way. I could care less that they are teammates. In the end Dumbo will make an inadvertant right hand turn on the last lap and lose anyhow.

Stewrat will have a big time meltdown rip dumbo's ears off and then shove them up an ESPN reporters :butt: when asked how he feels about his teammate and being knocked out of the race.

As for Stewrats sponsor next year it looks like Office Depot.

beerformeplz 07-12-2008 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 1018836)
I say it will be this weekend in Chicago. This will happen as a result of a three car accident. Dumbo ears will take out Stewart and Hamlin in the final laps of the race knocking them out of 1 & 2. Busch will say for some reason they were not using their hp advantage and I was, so I moved them out of the way. I could care less that they are teammates. In the end Dumbo will make an inadvertant right hand turn on the last lap and lose anyhow.

Stewrat will have a big time meltdown rip dumbo's ears off and then shove them up an ESPN reporters :butt: when asked how he feels about his teammate and being knocked out of the race.

As for Stewrats sponsor next year it looks like Office Depot.

Haters, I predict number #18 for the win.

falcongtho3 07-12-2008 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beerformeplz (Post 1018917)

And I predict #18 will be hated regardless of finish...but, he's earned it...

(but I do have to say I really enjoyed Stewrats start last night in the Nationwide series...I've never seen anyone shift into reverse when the green flag drops...)

ylopony 07-12-2008 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beerformeplz (Post 1018917)

Now would you be such a big fan of Dumbo if Joe Gibbs were a NY Giants coach instead. :23:

I think not!!!!!!!

falcongtho3 07-12-2008 07:25 PM

It's amazing that last night so much of the pre-race was spent talking about toning down the unfair advantage the Toyotas seem to enjoy. They've been relatively untouched since their introduction to Cup/Nationwide racing. NASCAR might actually be listining to their fans and gettign poised to do something about it. My favorite line last night was how a monkey could win in the Camrys. Fit Busch to a 'T'.
Now if NASCAR can steer their way clear of their lastest 'action'; possibly putting money towards ****** *****s ********* campaign...(darn, the p0litical post filter got me...)

Thunderbolt 07-12-2008 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1019005)
It's amazing that last night so much of the pre-race was spent talking about toning down the unfair advantage the Toyotas seem to enjoy. They've been relatively untouched since their introduction to Cup/Nationwide racing. NASCAR might actually be listining to their fans and gettign poised to do something about it.

They did the same thing when Dodge came back into Nascar. Dodge did'nt win anything the first year or two. Then Nascar gives them a front nose change and then BOOM! Sterling Marlin, a guy who had'nt won a race in ten years suddenly starts winning and driving great. This Chicago night race is great. It now gives me a summer race to possibly go to. Normally, I only see spring or fall races. I refuse to go to a race and sit in 95 degree heat.

birdman941 07-12-2008 08:49 PM

Brian (Traiterous Weasel) France drives a Lexus.
That says it all for me.
What a great American. (NOT!!!)
Wonder what he paid for it.

falcongtho3 07-12-2008 09:07 PM

He probably got it for free when he let Toyota pace so many races and supply support vehicles (unsold Tundras).

beerformeplz 07-12-2008 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 1018992)
Now would you be such a big fan of Dumbo if Joe Gibbs were a NY Giants coach instead. :23:

I think not!!!!!!!

Im actually a Stewart fan but I do like Kyles attitude. And Gibbs is a class act no matter who he coaches for (excluding the cowboys).

Thunderbolt 07-12-2008 10:28 PM

What is Stewart going to be driving next year? Chevy again?

birdman941 07-12-2008 10:30 PM

Yep.
Not a Ford, but at least American.

beerformeplz 07-12-2008 11:18 PM

Thank you David for the caution.

Thunderbolt 07-12-2008 11:27 PM

Good close ending to the race. I think Kyle drove the wheels off that car. Unreal.

beerformeplz 07-12-2008 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1019095)
Good close ending to the race. I think Kyle drove the wheels off that car. Unreal.

Yea, im waiting for all the haters to post. :butt:

falcongtho3 07-13-2008 07:59 AM

Too bad the best car/driver (#17 Kennseth) didn't win. But going from the very back to top 10 in the short time he did it shows what he had. I can't believe I was actually hoping for Johnson to actually pull off the win, but he's only my second least favorite driver.

ylopony 07-13-2008 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beerformeplz (Post 1019099)
Yea, im waiting for all the haters to post. :butt:

Well here is the first hater. I absolutely hate the arrogant freaking punk. And I hate Toyota in Nascar even more. However, even with the unfair advantage that Toyota has right now, that was a great move he made on Jimmy Johnson for the win. Credit goes where credit is due.

How many saw the Nationwide race on Friday. Rusty Wallace and Brad Daugherty were asked about the advantages of Toyota this year. Daugherty kind of sugar coated it and Rusty Wallace pulled no punches at all. He called an ace and ace and said he and other teams have the dyno sheet evidence of the hp advantage. I"m sure Nascar is going to have a nice sit down chat with Rusty on Monday. I'm not saying Toyota or Busch are cheating. They have found a way to get more power out of the car. However, with Nascar trying to set these cars up equally they will need to look at this. But I'm sure that is not going to happen until next year.

As the old saying goes, Money talks and B.S. walks. And Toyota has paid a lot of money to Nascar. I say we just rip the freaking fender wells of the cars allow Honda to come in as well and have another open wheel racing circuit.

03mach69mach 07-13-2008 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 1019191)
Well here is the first hater. I absolutely hate the arrogant freaking punk. And I hate Toyota in Nascar even more. However, even with the unfair advantage that Toyota has right now, that was a great move he made on Jimmy Johnson for the win. Credit goes where credit is due.

How many saw the Nationwide race on Friday. Rusty Wallace and Brad Daugherty were asked about the advantages of Toyota this year. Daugherty kind of sugar coated it and Rusty Wallace pulled no punches at all. He called an ace and ace and said he and other teams have the dyno sheet evidence of the hp advantage. I"m sure Nascar is going to have a nice sit down chat with Rusty on Monday. I'm not saying Toyota or Busch are cheating. They have found a way to get more power out of the car. However, with Nascar trying to set these cars up equally they will need to look at this. But I'm sure that is not going to happen until next year.

As the old saying goes, Money talks and B.S. walks. And Toyota has paid a lot of money to Nascar. I say we just rip the freaking fender wells of the cars allow Honda to come in as well and have another open wheel racing circuit.

I hate what Nascar has become. Here we are talking about a driver with the last name the same as the most popular brewery in the US that is about to be bought by the Germans, racing a four door, front wheel drive Toyota, while the guy who has the most recognizable name in the sport and used to drive for the soon to be german brewery, languishes at a team where he is easily the fouth best driver there. All the while the best ford team has sold half of the deal to the Boston Red Sox. What is going on here?