2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

Thunderbolt 09-11-2013 10:54 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1560595)
NAPA has made a statement, and they ain't happy!

:borg:

Is NAPA gonna open their can of whoop-azz?

not a gt 09-12-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1560610)
Is NAPA gonna open their can of whoop-azz?

:hail1:

ar15topgun 09-12-2013 12:14 PM

Joey Logano's pass is now being questioned.

blown03Mach1 09-13-2013 06:58 PM

As a result of the Penske racing and front row motor sports issue Jeff Gordon has been added into the chase as he was the one who was affected by the deal between the two teams.

I am a Gordon fan and glad to see him, but not off the current circumstances. Granted had every team played on the up and up he would have been in without NASCAR intervening.

not a gt 09-13-2013 08:37 PM

13 cars in the Chase, and of course Gordon feels he should be in...my question, is it 13 for this year or will it now be 13 from henceforth??

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/stor...-091313#!jhND0

bris09 09-14-2013 09:34 AM

If it were any other car then a Hendrick car Nascar would not have added a 13th car. The only reason they added cars 11 and 12 was because Jr couldn't finish in the top ten. Nascar has gotten exactly what they deserve. They have been playing favorites for years. Jimmy Johnson owes several champoinships to the chase otherwise he would have never won.

As far as teams making deals and holding cars back to improve the finishing position of another. That has been going on for years and is a part of racing. When Nascar allowed teams to become so big and turning a blind eye to Jeff Gordon (just to name one) being named the owner of a car knowing **** well it was a Hendrick car what did they expect. Of course a team is going to work together, that is why it is called a team.

Sorry, but nascar is reaping what it has sewn and adding a 13th car this year has just opened the door for future problems as the first car out will cry foul now that they know the rules are not set in stone.

blown03Mach1 09-14-2013 09:44 AM

I disagree about opening the door for larger fields as well as just because it was a Hendrick car they let it in, but agree totally about the wheeling a dealing between teams has ways been going on as well as toolboy owes NASCAR for developing the stupid chase crap.

IMHO If anything all this controversy has enlightened everyone to just how dump 72% of a race season is if only the last 28% counts for anything.

Check my post, for years I have said it before and will say it again, the chase is bad for NASCAR!

bris09 09-14-2013 10:12 AM

The chase is one of Nascars dumbest ideas. The first was allowing teams to become too big. It put a samll team at a serious disadvantage. To fix this Nascar started developing the COT and dictating gears and springs, well that just further helped the bigger teams as they have the resources to do more testing. They need to go back to "Run what ya brung" and let the best combo of car and driver win.

Sorry but Nascar does play favorites and Hendrick is their favorite right now. Do you honestly believe Hendrick would have gotten the same penalty Gibbs did for one connecting rod that clearly gave no competitive advantage. Before you answer, remember what happened to Hendrick when Knaus told Johnson to back the car into the wall if he won the race.

Jeff Gordon not making it into the chase had way more to do with his season than a deal made on the track in the closing laps of last weeks race. If you don't wanna get bumped from the chase because one car passed another then don't put yourself in that position.

blown03Mach1 09-14-2013 12:44 PM

bris09,

Clearly we have a difference of opinion and that is cool. Life would be boring if we all agreed on stuff. But if you look back at toolboys history of rule infractions you will see Hendrick Racing is not exempt. Infact I believe toolboy had a race taken from him for "jumping a start" when the leader spun his tires.

I agree the deals are made all season long not only within a team but with other teams. NASCAR said they took this weeks action becuase if affected the outcome of the chase. My question would be what about the deals that are made the other 26 races that regardless of what the governing body thinks, DOES affect the chase. In other words what if in the first race of the season a team cuts a deal for a position and then they make the chase by one point. That single deal affected the chase.

Bottom line is that in my opinion the chase has been bad for NASCAR and it needs to disappear! Let the driver drive to where the entire 36 races season matters for everyone!

That's all I got to say about that.....

Big Ron 09-14-2013 09:08 PM

:agree: Kinda' what I was thinking :agree:

Big Ron :28:

gvervoren 09-16-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blown03Mach1 (Post 1560902)
bris09,

Clearly we have a difference of opinion and that is cool. Life would be boring if we all agreed on stuff. But if you look back at toolboys history of rule infractions you will see Hendrick Racing is not exempt. Infact I believe toolboy had a race taken from him for "jumping a start" when the leader spun his tires.

I agree the deals are made all season long not only within a team but with other teams. NASCAR said they took this weeks action becuase if affected the outcome of the chase. My question would be what about the deals that are made the other 26 races that regardless of what the governing body thinks, DOES affect the chase. In other words what if in the first race of the season a team cuts a deal for a position and then they make the chase by one point. That single deal affected the chase.

Bottom line is that in my opinion the chase has been bad for NASCAR and it needs to disappear! Let the driver drive to where the entire 36 races season matters for everyone!

That's all I got to say about that.....

I agree with you too. In fact, Johnson got nailed two races in a row with penalties that probably cost him the race this year. As for the chase, I think it needs to disappear too but if I remember right, it was not created to "help" certain teams win championships but this was Brian France's idea to try to get more people to watch NASCAR instead of football. Which we all new wouldn't happen. NASCAR ratings always drop when football starts and this was his idea to soften the ratings blow.

falcongtho3 09-16-2013 08:56 PM

I have mixed feeling about the chase, but I do feel if NASCAR felt stronger about it's success (or lack thereof) it would have found its way into the Nationwide and truck series. That it hasn't is very telling.

Still wondering about the Chevy 'SS' thing, though....

mach18604 09-16-2013 09:05 PM

all I know is.. I was up way to late to watch the race!

Hoping to watch my guy kyle bush sweep the weekend!
but ill take second place.. Hope he wins the Chase!

311-420 09-17-2013 06:38 AM

Almost another sweep. So close.

How about those burnouts though? :eyebrows:

mach18604 09-17-2013 08:00 PM

I know.. so so close!

Burnouts are the best part!

I hate when they dont show it!

ar15topgun 09-23-2013 03:47 PM

Home town Jeb Burton puts in a good showing in his 1st NNS race finishing 8th.

blown03Mach1 11-17-2013 08:47 PM

For those who still believe the chase and Jimmy Johnson are good for NASCAR, just look at the images of the stands and attendance records over the past 5 years.

No congrats here.

not a gt 11-17-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blown03Mach1 (Post 1566085)
For those who still believe the chase and Jimmy Johnson are good for NASCAR, just look at the images of the stands and attendance records over the past 5 years.

No congrats here.

That is what I told my Dad, I don't think it is good for NASCAR.. but oh well.

mach18604 11-17-2013 09:22 PM

I agree.. not good for the sport..

falcongtho3 11-17-2013 09:36 PM

Was there a NASCAR race or something today? I was busy watchign the re-run of th eF1 race in Austin.

not a gt 11-18-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1566095)
Was there a NASCAR race or something today? I was busy watchign the re-run of th eF1 race in Austin.

LOL, as well the FIA World Rally championship stage was in Spain..there is like 5 or 6 Ford's in the top 10.

Good luck to Trevor Bayne with his issues and hopefully Martin STAYS retired this time.

Mach351 11-18-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blown03Mach1 (Post 1566085)

i'm thinkin' it has more to do with watching duplicates of the same car going round-and-round in circles to advertise products to my wife is more boring than whale snot

Big Ron 12-27-2013 05:05 PM

Only 57 more days till the 2014 Daytona 500........

http://www.sunlink.org/images/testtime.html

Big Ron :ANGEL:

gvervoren 12-28-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Ron (Post 1569269)
Only 57 more days till the 2014 Daytona 500........

http://www.sunlink.org/images/testtime.html

Big Ron :ANGEL:

I can't wait.

311-420 12-30-2013 03:42 PM

Longest 90 days of the year!