2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

falcongtho3 11-07-2011 09:38 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

Now he's been fined $50k and given probation for the rest of the season. Probation? Should be more like suspension...
http://www.autoweek.com/article/2011...SCAR/111109864

:borg:

birdman941 11-10-2011 09:18 PM

Now his Nationwide sponsor wants him out of the car for Homestead.

LINK

I hope the bostage gets fired.

falcongtho3 11-11-2011 07:18 AM

Saw that. Now that M&M/Mars is 'talking' to JGR, I'm wondering what is next for him? JGR apparently has a developmental driver thats now in trouble as well, not a good week for the coach.
Logano's not looking so bad now, is he Joe?

edit: Updating, apparently M&M/Mars has had enought of Kyle, at least for this season...
http://www.nascar.com/news/111110/ky...mms/index.html

:borg:

birdman941 11-11-2011 08:33 AM

Kyle is a jerk and has no business being in a race car.
M&M's is wise to pull sponsorship, even if it is only for a couple of races.
Kenseth and David Ragan need sponsors................................

blown03Mach1 11-11-2011 08:48 AM

I wish M&M's could figure out how to stuff a pretzel inside Kyle!

Maybe Kyle needs to do some sponsorship time in their costume like Burt Reynolds did in Stroker Ace, except Kyle would be the yellow M&M... On second thought, he better not. I can see him kicking the little kids who would want to take a picture with him having mistaking him for Pee-Wee Herman.

Bravo to M&M's and Z-line for refusing to let Kyle drive with their brand names on the car.

birdman941 11-11-2011 11:14 AM

First, I have ALWAYS been proud of my country.

Report says Michele Obama will be Grand Marshall at Homestead.

More "booze" (or boos perhaps) than a liquor store anticipated.

LINK

And now, our National Anthem on this Veterans Day.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...cal/pledge.jpg

birdman941 11-11-2011 01:55 PM

Kyle Busch blows engine before turning one lap in practice.
Seems as though even GOD is not pleased with his actions.

It sounds like piling on, so here's some music...................

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WeC5ykCFP2g?version=3&feature=player_detailpage">< param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WeC5ykCFP2g?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

birdman941 11-11-2011 05:13 PM

Update on the Grand Marshal thing in Homestead.
LINK

Some of the comments are priceless.

WalkrTexasRngr 11-11-2011 09:36 PM

Im a Harvick fan so I need a win this week and the other two to run in the back lol. We go to Charlotte for The Coke 600 every year. Their pre race is probably one of the best of the year for memorial day. I lucked out this year watching the 29 sail past Jr running out of gas in turn 4 to take the win. My wife who is a Jr fan was not pleased lol. I also watched Harvick win at Richmond this year from the stands. I think our second race next year will be spring Martinsville.

un gm 11-12-2011 07:11 PM

Didn't know how disliked kb was till last Sunday at TMS. No big crowd at his merchandise trailer and anytime he was mentioned on the PA the crowd showed their displeasure really loud. Big difference between being a bad boy or just being an a$$.

Rice_slayer 11-12-2011 10:18 PM

I'm rooting for edwards all the way, have been since 05' when he made that amazing finish at Atlanta. I don't understand why everyone hates busch, like I do dislike the man, but what he is doing, even nascar has said MANY times, is the EXACT same stuff Dale Sr. used to do. Double standard much?

Side note, I hate dirty drivers, and yes, I am aware Carl had a temper in the past. I'm sure if you got sent into a fence 25+feet above the ground at 200mph you'd be displeased too.

G 11-12-2011 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rice_slayer (Post 1438037)
I'm rooting for edwards all the way, have been since 05' when he made that amazing finish at Atlanta. I don't understand why everyone hates busch, like I do dislike the man, but what he is doing, even nascar has said MANY times, is the EXACT same stuff Dale Sr. used to do. Double standard much?

Side note, I hate dirty drivers, and yes, I am aware Carl had a temper in the past. I'm sure if you got sent into a fence 25+feet above the ground at 200mph you'd be displeased too.

If you watch that wreck carefully you will notice Carl made a choice on what to do. That choice put him in the fence. Wrecking Brad the way he did (revenge) was the very definition of dirty driving. His after race behavior with his own team mate is all I had to see from Carl. He is NOT the PR Carl that you see on TV. I guess it's possible for him to change. :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 1437833)
Update on the Grand Marshal thing in Homestead.
LINK

Some of the comments are priceless.

Those comments were pretty bad. While I'm not a fan of the women in question, they don't deserve to be treated with disrespect. It would be in poor taste to boo these women when silence works just as well. NASCAR is kissing butts that will never support them. :OUCH:

birdman941 11-13-2011 01:28 PM

If I were there, either turning my back or booing or both from me.
Maybe the drivers will start their engines early!

Rice_slayer 11-13-2011 04:22 PM

That was in 08, that's why I said in the past. Edwards took anger management classes that off season I believe, thus, he is very passive on the track lol. Brad keslowski is a d***, and his dad saying what edwards did could kill someone, funny because many fans were injuryed from his son turning edwards into the fence at dega...

birdman941 11-13-2011 04:33 PM

Seems to me the announcers are pulling for Stewrat.
At least Cousin Carl finished ahead of him.

un gm 11-13-2011 07:40 PM

They're Tony Stewart homers for sure. Hope they get their heart broke next week. Great day when 1 kb blows a motor and another runs outta gas

Rice_slayer 11-13-2011 07:47 PM

Kyle busch actually dropped TWO motors this weekend lol. Good to see that beautiful double standard again against Vickers, he did the EXACT same thing to kenesth that busch did and busch was pulled ASAP from the race. I'm rooting hard for my guy edwards!! Homestead... It's called Ford 400 for a reason, I'd love to see edwards make it a 3/4 wins/starts ratio next weekend!!

Best news this season, that cocky 48# will NOT be winning :D :D

birdman941 11-13-2011 08:29 PM

Kyle Petty called it right on SPEED.
He said that is why Vickers don't have a ride next year, because he can't drive.
I had said that when it happened.
Notice how Hendrick gets rid of a-hole drivers?

G 11-13-2011 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rice_slayer (Post 1438263)
Kyle busch actually dropped TWO motors this weekend lol. Good to see that beautiful double standard again against Vickers, he did the EXACT same thing to kenesth that busch did and busch was pulled ASAP from the race. I'm rooting hard for my guy edwards!! Homestead... It's called Ford 400 for a reason, I'd love to see edwards make it a 3/4 wins/starts ratio next weekend!!

Best news this season, that cocky 48# will NOT be winning :D :D

I would have parked Brian for the rest of the race but it won't the same as KB. Kyle made contact during a CAUTION.

I don't think the announcers are pulling for Tony as much as for Chevy. I would rather have seen Matt or Biff running against Tony, Carl is a mild version of KB. The media has no love for Tony Stewart, he has gone out of his way to be an Azz to almost everyone in the press.

Don't count the 48 out yet ... NASCAR could throw in some massive penalties next week. :D:D

birdman941 11-13-2011 11:27 PM

The only ones who can win are Carl and Smoke.
The remainder are mathematically eliminated

G 11-13-2011 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 1438295)
The only ones who can win are Carl and Smoke.
The remainder are mathematically eliminated

That assumes nobody gets docked driver or owner points!!! You know how they love JJ, they could do it. :mrt:

If JR was close enough, you know they would. :secret:

birdman941 11-13-2011 11:40 PM

ASSCAR does a lot of stupid things (like Grand Marshalls)
but I doubt they would do that.

G 11-13-2011 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 1438302)
ASSCAR does a lot of stupid things (like Grand Marshalls)
but I doubt they would do that.

I agree, they might be stuck with a Champion they won't like. They don't like Stewart because he's ... Tony Stewart. Carl works for Jack and if they could get rid of Jack they would. Remember how close Martin came to a Championship with Jack. :mad:

kiler be 11-14-2011 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 1438306)
I agree, they might be stuck with a Champion they won't like. They don't like Stewart because he's ... Tony Stewart. Carl works for Jack and if they could get rid of Jack they would. Remember how close Martin came to a Championship with Jack. :mad:

:agree: NASCAR has NEVER liked FORD. Jack and Mark won the Championship in my book. ( I forget the year ).
The points they took from them at Richmond that year was BS.

birdman941 11-14-2011 11:04 AM

It was for an intake manifold, supposedly "unapproved".
The original manifold had a higher mounting for the carb.
There was an issue with it, so they replaced it with another,
which was a tad lower.
Roush installed a spacer to bring the carb to the correct height
(identical to the height of the original one).
ASSCAR fined them and took points because it was BOLTED on and not WELDED on.
What a crock of crap.