2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

03mach69mach 03-08-2008 08:10 AM

Re: NASCAR thread

"Now: to more important stuff. I apparently have not been keeping up well with new automotive technology. I must now get a new, NASCAR approved and Roush built, self loosening oil cap for my car.
Why?
According to some Toyota hack:
"On Friday, Lee White, general manager for Toyota Racing Development, told USA Today that removal of the oil cap would provide up to 21 percent more downforce and as much as 50 horsepower. He added that he fully believed the Roush team knew what it was doing going into the race to create an competitive advantage"
If I can get 50 HP and 25% better dowforce at speed from an oil cap loss, then I'm all in on that deal!
"

I can't wait til I see ricers at car shows missing the oil caps!! They already have the Nascar decals. :23:

Big Ron 03-08-2008 10:45 AM

It's snowing in HOT 'lanta!

Big Ron:smokin:

Azure Blurr 03-08-2008 11:40 AM

Reminisent of the race in...... what '91ish? We've had flurries down here in middle Ga. as well. Winds a b!tch today!

02mach1 03-08-2008 04:03 PM

Brush is winning:mean!:

02mach1 03-08-2008 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03mach69mach (Post 962076)
Leave it to those Toyo guys to figure out where we American's get our superior horsepower. Now, if they find the muffler bearings, we are screwed. No wait, the ricer guys already know about them!:3amin:

Nascar should check brush's NW #20 car he has to big of lead:smack:

02mach1 03-08-2008 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02mach1 (Post 962230)

Brush blew a tire yes!

02mach1 03-08-2008 04:54 PM

Matt won in NW I am going get some free fries on monday!:worship:

falcongtho3 03-08-2008 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02mach1 (Post 962230)

I think Shrub heard about Edwards oil cap trick and figured if one was good, four must be better. Unfortunately the caps he left off were the valve stem caps!!!

Gooooooo Matt (and do it again tomorrow! )

:borg:

ylopony 03-08-2008 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure Blurr (Post 962158)
Reminisent of the race in...... what '91ish? We've had flurries down here in middle Ga. as well. Winds a b!tch today!

I'll switch weather with you. Here in Northeast Ohio I have 16 inches of freaking snow on the ground the winds a b!tch as well and the freaking snow plow hasn't been around for two days so I can't get out and get some of life's necessities like Budweiser and Dorito's. :23:

birdman941 03-08-2008 10:57 PM

How in the heck can an oil cap increase downforce?
Or HP for that matter?

ylopony 03-08-2008 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 962074)
I know I'm a week late here but my internet was turned off for a week cause I moved but when Carls tire rolled out in the grass last week, he didn't get penalized for it but I thought it was a godd call cause it wasn't their fault. Now I didn't hear anything complaining about it in the news or no polls about it but if that were to happen to JJ or JG, people would complain about it cause it was a Hendrick car.

You are correct. It was the right call with Edwards. But you are also right that if it were JJ or JG it would be called a favoritism toward the Hendricks teams.:yes:

02mach1 03-08-2008 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 962395)
How in the heck can an oil cap increase downforce?
Or HP for that matter?

Money talks when Toyota and GM buys Nascar.:mean!:

Thunderbolt 03-09-2008 04:49 PM

I noticed on afew different backstretch camera shots that their is'nt any backstretch seating anymore. It's turn 3 through turn 1. I sat in the backstretch back in '99 when I went to the race. Now it's terrace parking spots for very expensive RV's to camp. Kansas Speedway is set up the same way. But I think sooner or later they'll put backstretch seating in at Kansas.

Azure Blurr 03-09-2008 05:21 PM

Sucks for Carl! :(

falcongtho3 03-09-2008 06:54 PM

No doubt. He was ridin' a rocket thoday (not like the rocket JJ & JG ride). Biffle gave it his all, and Kennseth put on a quietly impressive show as well. Both were better in the end than the Hendricks cars they were up against, and Carl would have had Jr. out of a poduim finish had it not been for bad luck. I'd give congrats to Shrub...but I'm pretty sure he still drivin' a ferrin car...

Azure Blurr 03-09-2008 07:52 PM

Looks like G's favorite won :23:

gvervoren 03-09-2008 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 962704)
I noticed on afew different backstretch camera shots that their is'nt any backstretch seating anymore. It's turn 3 through turn 1. I sat in the backstretch back in '99 when I went to the race. Now it's terrace parking spots for very expensive RV's to camp. Kansas Speedway is set up the same way. But I think sooner or later they'll put backstretch seating in at Kansas.

I went there about 5 or 6 years ago and there were seats on the backstretch. I wonder why they took them out?

G 03-09-2008 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure Blurr (Post 962766)
Looks like G's favorite won :23:

NOT, but you got to admit he's been driving the wheels off everything recently. :smokin:

Thunderbolt 03-09-2008 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 962790)
I went there about 5 or 6 years ago and there were seats on the backstretch. I wonder why they took them out?

The only thing that enters my mind is that tornado that did alot of damage to the track facilities about 3-4 years ago. Maybe the backstretch seats got ripped up so they decided to just clean it up and make it RV camping. :what:

Big Ron 03-09-2008 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 962790)

I saw a lot of empty seats on the front stretch today!

Big Ron :smokin:

Azure Blurr 03-09-2008 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 962801)
NOT, but you got to admit he's been driving the wheels off everything recently. :smokin:

Yes he has.

falcongtho3 03-09-2008 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 962801)

Literally, in some cases!!!

02mach1 03-10-2008 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Ron (Post 962815)
I saw a lot of empty seats on the front stretch today!

Big Ron :smokin:

Alot Southeast Nascar fans don't like the cold, and toyotas.

Thunderbolt 03-10-2008 12:24 AM

The cold and rainy weather they had would have been a real turn off for campers. When I was there in '99 in November it was 35 degrees at night. Pretty cold when your sleeping in a tent. People who stayed away just because they would have to stay in the cold for 4 hours are wussies. And 50 during the day aint cold.

ylopony 03-10-2008 06:46 AM

I think that there is a conspiriacy with Nascar to prevent any of the Hendricks cars from winning. I think they want Ford and Toyota to win.

Sound crazy? Your right it is. It's as crazy as some of the goofy talk about favoritism from Nascar to see only Hendricks win. :crazy:

There is no conspiracy, no favoritism, no special treatments. The team with the best driver, setup, team, and some luck on that day is going to win.

It sure did blow for Carl Edwards. He had that race running away. It sucks to see a Toyota come in and win, but we knew it was going to happen sooner or later.

And I see that Roush has figured out the COT. Good for them. There are some real good drivers in that camp. I'm glad to see Ford doing well. The only thing that I don't like about Roush is that the name Fenway is associated with them. I hate any team from the Boston area. LOL