2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

gvervoren 06-09-2007 07:56 AM

Re: NASCAR thread

Rumor mill says Bifle might be in the #8 car next year. I don't know how true this is though.

ylopony 06-09-2007 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 807595)
I still feel that Tony purposely tagged Busch instead of clearing him after Busch was already into the wall and out of control, sliding sideways. I'm sure it'll get replayed this weekend for those who haven't seen it.

:borg:

I agree with you on this one.

While Tony's stupidity was no where near as severe as Kurt's, it was still intentional in my opinion. And while it's true there are going to be good guys and bad guys to any sport, a bad guy in another sport is not likely to kill someone like they can in this sport. Again, I'm fed up with these two jokers.

falcongtho3 06-09-2007 08:05 AM

This is a good link to Busch's reply...but I have to spoil it for you on the best part...

Busch compares Stewart to...

Rosie O'Donnell!!!

http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/head...lty/index.html

G 06-09-2007 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 807604)
I agree with you on this one.

While Tony's stupidity was no where near as severe as Kurt's, it was still intentional in my opinion. And while it's true there are going to be good guys and bad guys to any sport, a bad guy in another sport is not likely to kill someone like they can in this sport. Again, I'm fed up with these two jokers.

I don't think what Kurt did was as bad as it appears and there is potential to hurt other drivers and FANS when wrecking another car on the track. Especially when you purposely hit them after they're wrecking. I would give them both a warning and take aggressive action the next screw up. I blame Tony more for this one. :SMASH:

machths 06-09-2007 12:24 PM

This is what I propose to NASCAR. For starters, Stewart is a jack-@$$ and a repeat offender and should have had some punishment levied on him, but I'm sick and tired of seeing guys retaliate on pit road. TIRED OF IT! From now on (if I were in charge) if one person was on pit road during a retaliation, whether the person was on one end of pit road, and the retaliation occurred all the the down on the other end, completely out of harms way, there would be a minimum of a 5 race suspension and a $100,000 fine. 2nd offense would be a 15 race suspension and a $1,000,000 fine. 3rd offense would ban you from NASCAR (all series) forever. I think that would put an end to this spineless crap! I wish NASCAR would let men be men by seriously hammering drivers for using their cars as weapons and letting face-to-face confrontations be the norm. Let the driver's decide the punishment for face-to-face confrontations. If Matt Kenseth wanted Jeff Gordon to be punished for shoving him, then let Matt Kenseth decide Gordon's fate. If Kurt Busch wants Jimmy Spencer to be punished for punching him in the face, then let Kurt Busch decide his fate, within reason. That way any driver who can drive like a jack-@$$ on the track, gets shoved by the driver they pi$$ed off, and wants the "prosecute" the person who shoved them, they would immediately look like a little b*tch to everyone. I think this system of humiliation would allow men to be men again, and the punks of the sport to be properly labeled.

Azure Blurr 06-09-2007 12:45 PM

I think that next to the winners circle, NASCAR should set-up a boxing ring! Fox could pimp out another hour of our lives watching the after-race show.

machths 06-09-2007 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZURE GIRL (Post 807690)
I think that next to the winners circle, NASCAR should set-up a boxing ring! Fox could pimp out another hour of our lives watching the after-race show.

Or even make them monthly pay-per-view events with proceeds going to some worthy cause.

ylopony 06-11-2007 02:14 PM

Ok where are all the Earnhardt and Roush fans crying foul and fixed with another Hendricks and more specifically Gordon win. :OUCH:

I'm loving this season for the 24 car and hope while I'm up in Michigan next week I witness him crossing the finish line with his 5th win this year.

Thunderbolt 06-11-2007 04:01 PM

Hendricks can win all the races they want. The first 26 races don't mean squat. We'll see in the last 10 races if Gordon's luck keeps up or he fades and burns.

Azure Blurr 06-11-2007 04:13 PM

I'm keeping tight lipped on the Gordon and Johnson show! I hate to say it, but dang they are getting it done!

gvervoren 06-11-2007 05:02 PM

Hendricks sure is getting it done alright! I feel like I'm working for them. We have a NASCAR pool at work (something like a football pool) and I won the last 4 weeks in a row. I think they are going to kick me off of it pretty soon. LOL

Azure Blurr 06-11-2007 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 808529)
Hendricks sure is getting it done alright! I feel like I'm working for them. We have a NASCAR pool at work (something like a football pool) and I won the last 4 weeks in a row. I think they are going to kick me off of it pretty soon. LOL

:angry: LOL!

G 06-11-2007 06:16 PM

He fell into another win. It would have been different with another few laps being run and it would have been WAY different with a restart. The thing is "would have" don't matter and this part of the season is going their way. If they keep running good and fate stays on their side, he is gonna be hard to beat.

This could be a year where Jeffy wishes there was NO chase. :smokin:

falcongtho3 06-11-2007 07:39 PM

Love the way Gordon backed into another win (kinda like the way he backs into JJ). Really liked JJ's finishing position...the way of the future for all the Hendricks rides.

(Has it, by chance, occurred to some that this is a Ford geared site. Just wondering?)

Azure Blurr 06-11-2007 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 808577)
(Has it, by chance, occurred to some that this is a Ford geared site. Just wondering?):borg:

:23:
Just can't deny the win column. :angry: Must of been a large donation made by the Hendricks Org. to France family.
Carl just cannot get it together so far this year. Need some backflips done before he gets to old to do them!

G 06-11-2007 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZURE GIRL (Post 808595)
Just can't deny the win column. :angry: Must of been a large donation made by the Hendricks Org. to France family.
Carl just cannot get it together so far this year. Need some backflips done before he gets to old to do them!

His semi driver needs a shave too. :smokin:

G 06-11-2007 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 808577)
Love the way Gordon backed into another win (kinda like the way he backs into JJ). Really liked JJ's finishing position...the way of the future for all the Hendricks rides.

(Has it, by chance, occurred to some that this is a Ford geared site. Just wondering?)

I know what you mean but I'm not really a Ford guy --- I'm a car guy. :smokin:

04VAMach1 06-11-2007 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZURE GIRL (Post 808595)

I never said that Hendricks bought off anyone...only that the France family makes the decisions about what goes on. Sometimes I think that they have a dartboard that they use to make decisions.

Edit: possibly even a Magic 8 Ball

falcongtho3 06-11-2007 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 808635)
I know what you mean but I'm not really a Ford guy --- I'm a car guy. :smokin:

I'm a car guy as well, but I do prefer blue oval products. It's just some people just seem to want to fan the flames...when they're standing in the pot...

G 06-11-2007 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 808643)
I'm a car guy as well, but I do prefer blue oval products. It's just some people just seem to want to fan the flames...when they're standing in the pot...

I know the type. :(

I like my water pretty hot. :23:

Azure Blurr 06-11-2007 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04VAMach1 (Post 808636)
I never said that Hendricks bought off anyone...

Nope, but I did............ but we all know thats not true :3amin:

I do not cheer for a brand of car, I cheer for the driver who seems the most sportsman like or even family freindly. Although some may be great drivers, I won't like them for that alone, case being Stewart. He is a good driver but a complete bonehead!

ylopony 06-11-2007 09:54 PM

When it comes to Nascar I'm a fan of the driver not the manufacturer of the auto.(except Toyota). I like a Few Ford drivers, a few Dodge drivers, and a few Chevrolet drivers.

Now as for my personal rides, I do prefer the ole Blue Oval. This weekend I supported Ford by purchasing a Lincoln MKZ

gvervoren 06-11-2007 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 808550)
He fell into another win. It would have been different with another few laps being run and it would have been WAY different with a restart. The thing is "would have" don't matter and this part of the season is going their way. If they keep running good and fate stays on their side, he is gonna be hard to beat.

This could be a year where Jeffy wishes there was NO chase. :smokin:

I agree. One more set of turns and Newman would have been in victory lane. :wall:

ylopony 06-11-2007 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvervoren (Post 808692)
I agree. One more set of turns and Newman would have been in victory lane. :wall:

Your right, no doubt about it. In fact Gordon after the race said that the car was really not a top 5 car that day. But great drivers with good teams find ways to steal a win and this is what happened. Crews can cost a driver a race big time, just ask Denny Hamlin about that.

04VAMach1 06-12-2007 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylopony (Post 808697)
Your right, no doubt about it. In fact Gordon after the race said that the car was really not a top 5 car that day. But great drivers with good teams find ways to steal a win and this is what happened. Crews can cost a driver a race big time, just ask Denny Hamlin about that.

With the amount of talent at this level of racing, it is more about being at the right place at the right time than any skill. Whether we like their personality or not, every driver on the track has proven themselves and is a candidate to win any race. It's just a matter of luck.