2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

G 04-29-2007 09:06 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

That's bad behavior, nobody can support that kind of crap. Sorry that happened. :CHEERS:

03AV8R 04-29-2007 10:31 PM

My only sad thought is that i didnt see any beer bottles actually hit the 24 car.. It woulda been nice to see just one land squarely on the roof or something.. i woulda bailed the guy out & paid his fine for that! :tongue:

FEARED 04-30-2007 01:11 AM

I dont agree with the finishing of a race on a yellow flag.. kinda lame. But i geuss its fine for now because Jr placed 5th instead of running out of gas and going back to 30+. Oh well.. good race.

ylopony 04-30-2007 07:00 AM

Here's a pretty good article that I found online this morning mentioning the very thing that happened to my daughter. I hope that some of you with kids or soon to be proud poppa of twins never experience watching your child in tears after being hit on the head with a beer can by an idiot like I did and then have to hear the drunk azz point to his #3 shirt and yell obscenities to an 8 year old.

Here's the solution. Since a MINORITY of fans cannot act responsibly and find this funny. The $5.29 six packs of Budweiser will have to stay back with the car in the parking lot. Then you can go into the track and now pay $5.00 for a 20oz draft of Budweiser in a plastic cup. Not every can that was thrown made it out on the track. I'm sure that several fans were innocently hit.

Sorry about the rant. But reading intelligent people on this site that I've enjoyed reading their posts in the past, I find no humor in a potentially deadly act as this funny.

http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/opin...wer/index.html

machths 04-30-2007 07:54 AM

Well, I must say, the Earnhardt fans that I've met/seen don't strike me as intelligent folks. The funniest part is, when NASCAR says they can no longer bring cans or bottles into the stands, do you honestly expect them to be smart enough to figure out that they screwed themselves. A result of their own classless and ridiculous actions? No. That'll probably be Gordon's fault, or Rick Hendrick's fault. After all, when the ounces printed on your Bud can are directly proportional to your I.Q. you get statements like..."Gordon's gay, and he sucks as a race car driver." That's why he's #6 on the all-time win list, and married to yet another stunning woman.

machths 04-30-2007 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder (Post 787461)
I'm joking about the beer throwing thing. Do you guys honestly think I'd support crap like that?

I'd hope not.

ylopony 04-30-2007 10:54 AM

Quote:

I'm joking about the beer throwing thing. Do you guys honestly think I'd support crap like that?

I didn't think that you would, and didn't mean to make it sound like that if it did.

As for someones dislike for a driver, that is cool. I personally can't stand Tony Stewart or Kurt Busch. In fact Dale Jarrett was a favorite of mine for years, but not in the Toyota.If it ended with booing a driver like Gordon, or even as Jr. suggested throw out rolls of toilet paper instead, I'd find that funny.

birdman941 04-30-2007 11:47 AM

Quote:

GORDON IS A LITTLE EGOTISTICAL AZZ! His "little bigman" syndrome led him to screw around on his beautiful first wife..........................

But did they ever get the guy's name?

G 04-30-2007 03:41 PM

Jeffy will never be as well liked as guys with "0" championships like Mark Martin, Jeff Burton, and Ricky Rudd. He and his car owner have history and problems that make them unattractive to the knowledgeable fan. :tongue:

I don't think it's fair to lump Dale Sr fans into a "low IQ" heap. Until I see someone better come along, he is the greatest of all time. His style also attracted a rough element that just ain't the average "Big E" fan. :D

Thunderbolt 04-30-2007 03:49 PM

If they ban beer cans from coolers being brought in and you can only buy beer in cups, then they better ban ALL water bottles from being brought in also, and plastic bottles of water being sold at the concession stand, because that's what they'll move onto next. I saw it happen at an Ozzfest I went to about 8 years ago. People were heaving hundreds of those things into the crowd and some were even pissing in the water bottles and tossing them. I never got hit but I was constantly looking in back of me because they were being heaved from up on a hilly grass area. Tons of people were getting pelted.

machths 04-30-2007 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoffav (Post 787583)
I don't think it's fair to lump Dale Sr fans into a "low IQ" heap. Until I see someone better come along, he is the greatest of all time. His style also attracted a rough element that just ain't the average "Big E" fan. :D

True, not all of them I'm sure, but like I said, this behavior is quite typical of the Jr. fans that I've seen with my own eyes at Talladega, Charlotte, Martinsville, and Atlanta. The ironic thing about your last statement is this is the reason I started pulling for Gordon in the first place. His style. He came on the scene and was able to beat Dale at his own game. You'd think that true Earnhardt fans would respect that. Also, Dale Earnhardt himself had a lot of respect for Gordon. Dale Sr. introduced Dale Jr. to Gordon and told Jr. to pay attention to Jeff because he could learn something from him. That's why I just don't understand the hatred...it doesn't make sense to me. As for Jeff's win yesterday...it couldn't have been any more of a storybook ending than it was. To break Dale Sr.'s win record at "his" track, on his birthday, and in the same fashion that Dale Sr. won his last race at that same track. That must've been incredible to witness! No one cares about the historical significance though. Just a real shame.

ylopony 04-30-2007 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoffav (Post 787583)
Jeffy will never be as well liked as guys with "0" championships like Mark Martin, Jeff Burton, and Ricky Rudd. He and his car owner have history and problems that make them unattractive to the knowledgeable fan. :tongue:

I agree with you that it's unfair to lump Sr fans as having low iq's. That is not a fair sterotype. The minority of those fans doing that crap are the ones who have the intellegence of a flea on a dog's butt.

As for the containers. It will end up being ALL containers banned if this keeps up. That includes beer, pop, water, and the kiddies Kool-Aide. I have brought in water and even a couple of beers to the track in the past and even with my least favorite driver winning I was never temptd to through it at the driver in the #20 car.

birdman941 04-30-2007 05:29 PM

I think Jr. is 10x the driver his old man was.
Sr. couldn't pass anyone without hitting them.
All those years of purposely messing with Bill who nearly always drove CLEAN.
I still remember Sr. as Ironhead.

dcpatters 04-30-2007 05:46 PM

Quote:

GORDON IS A LITTLE EGOTISTICAL AZZ! His "little bigman" syndrome led him to screw around on his beautiful first wife. I don't give a flying f how good a driver he is, he'll never amount to a dang thing in my book.

Oh Sh!t a Jeff Gordon bash! Subscribed :D

I am a Dale Jarrett fan. Although it pains me to watch the races now. :wtf: was he thinking by moving to Toyota. To say he is struggling would not even be an understatement

birdman941 04-30-2007 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcpatters (Post 787645)
Oh Sh!t a Jeff Gordon bash! Subscribed :D

I am a Dale Jarrett fan. Although it pains me to watch the races now. :wtf: was he thinking by moving to Toyota. To say he is struggling would not even be an understatement

Jarrett is a clean driver.
Very clean.
All washed up and everything........................

machths 04-30-2007 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 787653)
Very clean.

D@mn! No mercy.:LAUGH:

pic18 04-30-2007 06:21 PM

Gordon got into this sport young, and had a lot of success young. We've seen him grow up a lot over the years. I can't understand people hating him anymore. 12 years after his first championship, he's still driving hard and winning races. I believe Dale Sr. is proud of him.

birdman941 04-30-2007 06:29 PM

I was in Charlotte, N.C. when the booing started.
It was the week of the first Night Winston race. (One Hot Night they called it)
It was the Winston that Davey won crashing with Kyle Petty at the finish.

Anyway, Jeffy was driving the Baby Ruth Tbird for Bill Davis Racing.
Ford had helped Jeffy through Daytona, etc. and had sent engineering help
to his team.
This was back when the Busch series was running V6's. (annoying bumblebee sound)
Ford and Jeffy had a handshake deal where Ford would move him up
to (then) Winston Cup when he and Bill Davis were ready.
Well, convicted felon Rick Hendrick offered Jeffy
a ton of money to jump ship, and Jeffy did.
He did not go to Ford or Bill Davis and say
"Hey you guys have helped me, and I got this offer.
Match it.....".
That didn't happen,
He just signed and the deal was done.
Jeffy won the Busch race (May 92 I think)
and the entire grandstands booed him even though he won the race.
The press was all over him and so were the fans for
not being a gentleman about the business deal he had with Ford.
Legal, yeah.
Sportsmanlike or gentlemanly?
Heck no.
Jeffy is a POS in my mind and always will be.

dcpatters 04-30-2007 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 787678)

to his team.
This was back when the Busch series was running V6's. (annoying bumblebee sound)
Match it.....".
That didn't happen,
Legal, yeah.
Heck no.

Sounds similar to Kasey Kahne's deal. If I recall, he was bound to the Ford camp too.

dcpatters 04-30-2007 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 787653)
Very clean.

Yep, it's a shame. Going to go out just like Daryl Waltrip, riding around in the back of the pack his last few years.

Thunderbolt 04-30-2007 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdman941 (Post 787678)

to his team.
Match it.....".
That didn't happen,
Legal, yeah.
Heck no.

Yep, sounds like a Gordon move. Just like yesterday when at the driver's meeting he was crying about bump drafting, and in the race I saw him doing more bump drafting than anyone. "Do as I say, not as I do" I guess. :notsure: