2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Registry Discussion (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NASCAR thread (http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55315)

blown03Mach1 03-02-2014 10:57 PM

Re: NASCAR thread

New points system is Krap! No way one win should automatically land you in the championship chase. What happened to being consistent throughout the entire season like the good old days?

SMH NASCAR has figured out how to pyss me off yet again!

not a gt 03-03-2014 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blown03Mach1 (Post 1574830)
New points system is Krap! No way one win should automatically land you in the championship chase. What happened to being consistent throughout the entire season like the good old days?

SMH NASCAR has figured out how to pyss me off yet again!

:agree: I used to be GLUED to a race, now I watch in between doing other stuff and read who wins in the paper, but hey, Danica is great for the sport..just ask that POS GM loving D Wals**t and Larry Mc A**hole!!

Thunderbolt 03-09-2014 06:30 PM

Dale Empty Jr.

not a gt 03-09-2014 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (Post 1575468)
Dale Empty Jr.

A multi million dollar operation and it comes down to a gallon of gas!! Sorry 3 in a row, second place "Little E", if your not first, your last. Oh, EXTREMLY boring race, I went fishing in my pond after first 100 and came back for final 15!! Thanks for the excitement NASCAR :smack:

blown03Mach1 03-09-2014 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by not a gt (Post 1575471)
A multi million dollar operation and it comes down to a gallon of gas!! Sorry 3 in a row, second place "Little E", if your not first, your last. Oh, EXTREMLY boring race, I went fishing in my pond after first 100 and came back for final 15!! Thanks for the excitement NASCAR :smack:

I did not watch any of the race, but how was the fishing?

not a gt 03-09-2014 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blown03Mach1 (Post 1575472)
I did not watch any of the race, but how was the fishing?

Bream on the bed, caught a mess of Crappie (specks), kept some for dinner with some small bass, once they hit the grease, it was over with. Whenever I am in the mood for fish, I just walk to the pond (sorry for hijack..back to NASCAR)..had took a pic to show my Dad earlier

http://i.imgur.com/UTOjAqdl.jpg

I am by myself so this makes 2 meals for me with some hush puppies!!

The pond (rain has it high)

http://i.imgur.com/DgbcLkBl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/uEPs26Rl.jpg

falcongtho3 03-09-2014 10:44 PM

Glad to see a Ford win. Intersting to see the Thunderbirds do the fly-over today. I know they're right next door at Nellis, but the military fly overs were cancelled last year due to budget cuts and the fly-over last weekend was by a private (commercial) group. the Daytona flyover was military.

:borg:

falcongtho3 03-29-2014 09:56 AM

Had not heard that Richard Petty wife had passed away. Sad to hear.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-med...tinsville.html

not a gt 03-29-2014 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1576951)
Had not heard that Richard Petty wife had passed away. Sad to hear.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-med...tinsville.html

No didn't know that either..RIP Lynda
Nice link falcon

not a gt 05-04-2014 05:20 PM

Who won today?? I had to go to work, when I left Logano was leading and they did the green flag pit and Jeff Gordon sat there waiting for gas , but only took 2 tires :wtf:

blown03Mach1 05-04-2014 06:38 PM

Hamlin won.

I was at qualifying yesterday and although the first segment of qualifying was exciting, I would have been better off going to the bathroom and taking a leak than watching the final 12 cars sitting idle on the pit lane for 2.5 minutes of the final 5 minutes of qualifying. It was a HUGE disappointment!

If NASCAR wants fans to pay big money for qualifying, then NASCAR needs to get these freaking driver to drive!

not a gt 05-04-2014 07:49 PM

Holy s**t, didn't he start way in the back?? Watching what I did I would have thought Menard had the car to beat. So the qualifying segments suck huh?? When is NASCAR gonna learn no matter WHAT they try and come up with for the fans, crew chiefs will find away around and all we want to see is straight up racing, not some complicated format the fans have to try and keep track of. Racing use to be so easy....

falcongtho3 05-04-2014 07:54 PM

Kesolowski really mangaed to screw up..twice! I don't know how many incidents JJ caused or was a part of but he certainly figured in to the race, and not in a good way.The last lap was such a disappointment, it really looked like Biffle was the class of the field but never got the shot he deserved to win on the caution flew.

Thunderbolt 05-05-2014 04:48 AM

Yeah, that last lap was a bummer. I hate when they end under caution.

TKat13 05-05-2014 11:24 AM

Race was terrible, also very disappointed in JR, he basically gave up. Did not go his way but then he stopped even trying, at first I thought he had a mechanical issue, but after the interview he pretty much confirmed he was not racing. He should be fine, because clearly he broke the rule for not driving 100%. BTW, I am an 88 fan, but this still irritates me. I think he was so made at being told to pit for fuel that he just threw in the towel.

Another thing that added to this was the racing was pretty poor, slower cars just plugged the hole and there was no where to go. They pretty much were stuck bumper to bumper. When 3 wide, it was just a wall of cars that could not pass. Pretty boring race. Feel like I wasted my time on this one.

Smith 05-05-2014 01:37 PM

It was a bad call on the 88 team. :wtf: Pit for gas?? I think Jr. just gave up after that. And again, here we finish under yellow, very disappointing.

Tom Yancy 05-05-2014 01:44 PM

Worst race of the year, imo. Also, I've been a Dale Jr. fan since his rookie year in the old Busch (now Nationwide) series and he is as good as they get at the restrictor plate tracks, but what happened yesterday rubbed me the wrong way. I understand his reasoning, but I just don't agree with it.

Denny Hamlin commented on how many fans showed up, that it was the largest crowd in a long time. I can tell you why that is. Alabama is Earnhardt country, and fans came out in droves because they felt like Jr. was back, and would be in contention to win, which he was for a while. The call to come in for fuel while leading was idiotic and cost them alot of track position, and possibly the chance to win. That being said, the fans came to see him race, not to watch him back off in the final 2 laps and finish 26th. I agree with his strategy of backing off and waiting for the big one that came with about 15 to go, but after that, it was go time, even if his run got stopped by Wise moving up in front of him, you gotta keep racing.

not a gt 05-05-2014 04:36 PM

I thought overall the race sucked. Almost seem like lead changes were done on purpose so each fan could cheer a bit when there driver was up front for 2laps! This race and Bristol are some highlight tracks for me (along with road courses), once again I had no issue leaving and going to work to find out what results were later

also very disappointed in JR, he basically gave up
Hasn't he been accused of this in the past??

I ONLY pull for the Ford's BTW :butt:

Thunderbolt 05-05-2014 05:23 PM

With the win and you're in rule, he can do that the rest of the season.

Thunderbolt 05-25-2014 10:51 PM

That Charlotte race was a blowout after just 90 laps. Only 10 cars on the lead lap until they waved around 20 cars. I thought the commercial of Harvick shooting baseballs through Stewart's trophy case was funny as hell.

falcongtho3 05-26-2014 07:25 AM

:agree:

Hated that I spent all that time watching, only to see the robot win.

Indy was pretty cool.

Thunderbolt 06-08-2014 04:33 PM

:wtf: Who the hell worries about your engine temps. going up with 10 laps left in the race? You drive the car until it explodes. What a bonehead move.

falcongtho3 06-08-2014 04:36 PM

He was under hypnosis..."Let Junior Win, Let Junior Win..."

not a gt 06-08-2014 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcongtho3 (Post 1582970)
He was under hypnosis..."Let Junior Win, Let Junior Win..."

More detail, I am at work, what happened, what happened?? :anger:

Thunderbolt 06-08-2014 09:19 PM

Kesolowski was leading the race and had a piece of trash on his grill in the closing laps. He tries to do a quick duck behind Danica Patrick so he has to slow down and then swerves around her, which never got the trash off the grill. Earnhardt Jr. just flies by Kesolowski with only afew laps left and wins the race. I couldn't believe Kyle Petty and Wally Dallenbach were actually saying Kesolowski should give Earnhardt the lead and then get in behind him to get the trash off, then re-take the lead.

That's why I hate when the coverage ends on Fox and it switches to these other stations. You've got two loser drivers announcing the race. Darrell Waltrip is a hillbilly, but at least he's a former champ, along with a couple other crew chiefs.